10 things I most enjoy
(In no particular order)
1. Reading—Every since I can remember, I’ve always had a book that I was in the process of reading. As soon as I finish one book, I’m on to the next. I’ve never really understood people who don’t read.
2. Writing—Since I was a small child, I’ve loved to create new characters and new worlds. I’ve always had an active imagination and began writing my first stories when I was about six.
3. Being a Mom—I never thought of myself as maternal, and I was very hesitant to have a child. But Jesse has been the greatest joy of my life. He’s in college now, and I miss him terribly.
4. Good food—While I’m no chef myself, I admire the skill of a cook who can turn raw ingredients into something fantastic.
5. Reading— Er...yes, I know I already said this, but ... it’s worth mentioning twice. Stories take you places you could never go in real life and introduce you to people you aren’t likely to meet.
6. Writing—Writing allow me to give back for all the pleasure other authors have given me.
7. Flowers—There is nothing more beautiful than spring in the South when the world around you erupts in flowers.
8. Petting cats—A cat’s purr is one of the most beautiful sounds in the world. So soothing and full of joy.
9. Reading—Have I mentioned that I like to read?
10. Writing—I’m happy when I write. Writing paints rainbows on my darkest days.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Title: The Soul Stone
Series: The Kronicles of Korthlundia #2 (Standalone)
Author: Jamie Marchant
Published: June 25th, 2015
Publisher: Black Rose Writing
Genre: Epic Fantasy
Recommended Age: 18+
Synopsis: In this sequel to The Goddess’s Choice (Reliquary Press, 2012), the Crown Princess Samantha and Sir Robrek struggle to solidify their rule in the aftermath of the king’s murder and Duke Argblutal’s attempt to usurp the throne. They are thwarted at every turn by those who seek power for themselves and desire to prevent their marriage. Just when they think their problems are solved, a deadly curse begins to spread throughout Korthlundia and Samantha becomes pregnant.
In my sword and sorcery novel, The Soul Stone, Samantha must fight off priests, enemies, and her closest advisors while Robrek discovers the reason the goddess chose him as king, to defeat the Soul Stone, a stone capable of sucking the soul out of its victims, which threatens to obliterate all life in the joined kingdoms. Their archenemy, the Bard Alvabane, awakens the Soul Stone and plans to use its power to reclaim Korthlundia for her people (a people driven out over a thousand years ago by the hero Armunn). Armunn had to sacrifice his life and soul to contain the Soul Stone. Will Robrek have to do the same? Will the young couple have only a few short months to love each other?
Although having read The Goddess’s Choice adds depth to The Soul Stone, it is not necessary. The Soul Stone is a complete story of its own.
Meet the Author:
Jamie Marchant lives in Auburn, Alabama, with her husband, son, and four cats, which (or so she’s been told) officially makes her a cat lady. She teaches writing and literature at Auburn University. Her first novel The Goddess’s Choice was released in April 2012 from Reliquary Press. She released Demons in the Big Easy in January 2013. The sequel to The Goddess’s Choice, titled The Soul Stone, will be released in June 2015 from Black Rose Writing. Her short fiction has been published in the anthologies–Urban Fantasy and Of Dragons & Magic: Tales of the Lost Worlds—and in Bards & Sages, The World of Myth, A Writer’s Haven, and Short-story.me.
|Soul Stone Pendant|
There is a tour wide giveaway. Prizes include the following:
- A Soul Stone pendant & copy of The Soul Stone (winner's choice, print or ebook if US, ebook if INT)
- a $10 Amazon gift card (INT)
a Rafflecopter giveaway