4 Things I Absolutely Hate About Summer
- Heat. I like warm days, but where I live in south Texas, the humidity factor plus the 95+ degree weather makes it feel like you’re boiling in a pot of your own sweat. Good hair days are a rarity. Clinical strength deodorant is a must.
- Overeating. The Kid is home for two months for summer vacation and demands to be fed. To avoid child negligence charges, I cook. Then I bake. Then I eat it all. The end result is a larger butt and my pants cutting off the blood circulation to my head, furthermore, resulting in food comas and loss of time. Day Light Savings time is a myth as far as I’m concerned.
- The Beach. I don’t like wearing bathing suits and I don’t like sand particles hiding in the nooks and crannies of my extra-fluffy goddess body. To you it smells like fresh ocean breeze with a shot of sun and fun. To my keen sense of smell it’s a mix of fish and urine. No thanks.
- Shorts. My legs are fluffy, like the rest of me. They’re also the color of a jaundice de-feathered chicken. No matter what I try, they won’t tan. I could roast them, but I’d just end up with sunburn. I tried self-tanning once and I ended up looking like an Oopma Loompa—perfect height and fluffy goddess bod and all. Wearing shorts also requires me to shave. That takes effort. I flee from effort fast, and I don’t look back.
6 (Mostly Self-explanatory) Things I Love About Summer
- Sleeping in.
- Taking naps.
- Blooming flowers.
- The Sun.
- The smile on The Kid’s face because he’s out of school for two months.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Title: Fruit of Misfortune
Series: The Creatura Series #2
Author: Nely Cab
Published: June 16th, 2015
Publisher: Clean Teen Publishing
Genre: YAm Paranormal Romance
Recommended Age: 13+
Synopsis: Isis’ goals for the future included things like attending and graduating college. However, becoming a monster wasn’t part of the plan. Isis and her boyfriend, David, are on the brink of a horrible transformation and they are eager to stop it. Together, they set out on a quest to Greece to find Isis’ biological father—the only person that may be able to help them. Their journey comes to an abrupt stop before it even begins when Isis falls ill, and Eros, David’s best friend, arrives in Athens, unannounced and curious…with a plan of his own.
The hunt for her father leads Isis on the turbulent path of deceit, death, and demons as she anticipates the dawning of the beast that stirs inside her.
About the Author:
Nely Cab is a Writer of stuff, a Master Coffee Drinker, a Food Maker & Eater, an Imaginary World Conqueror, and an Air Breather. She talks to herself—a lot—in her South Texas home while she plots stories about fantasy worlds and sips coffee from a pitcher. She’s known for cooking far too much food and has a tendency to overdo…well, everything. It is rumored that she is fabulous. Nely Cab is the best-selling author of the Creatura series.
Clean Teen Publishing Links:
There is a tour wide giveaway. Prizes include the following:
- A bookmark swag pack, winner’s choice of any Clean Teen Publishing eBook, and a $15 Amazon gift card.
Giveaway is International.
a Rafflecopter giveaway