Saturday, November 9, 2013

Split Blood: The Ancient Codex-Part 1 by Louise Herman: Interview


 






Tell us about your current release.

 

When Faith’s mother starts organising the second stage of her arranged marriage to wizard, Damien, Faith knew she needed to escape, so she used her school as a place to retreat.

Throughout her after school duties, she meets the intense, alluring Rohan, who changes her life forever.

With his ice cold skin, transfixing eyes and enchanting voice, Rohan took hold of Faith’s heart and soul as soon as they looked at each other.

She knew it was wrong.

They were from two different circles and if the Elder’s found out, the consequences would be catastrophic for all involved, but the more time they spent together, the stronger they’re love grew, until one day someone sees them...

Will their love be strong enough to combat their conflicting mythical needs? And what will they do when Faith is dealt a life threatening blow that forces her to make a heartbreaking decision?

 

Tell us about a favourite character from a book.

 

It would be hard to choose just one as I think some of the characters in the book have elements of my own personality throughout the years, however if I had to choose I would say my favourite character is Faith the Witch because she is sassy, curious and is a strong heroine who isn’t afraid to speak her mind or go against the rules for the bigger picture.

 

Tell us about your next release.

 

I am currently working on the second book in the ‘Split Blood’ series, which will be published on 31st November 2013 and after this I will take a little break as I will be working on my paranormal story which will be published on Wattpad Only.

 

For more information on my work please go to my website: www.split-blood.com or if you are a member of Wattpad, please Follow Me (FantasyFairy) and join me on this magical journey!

 

What is the hardest part of writing your books?

 

I find the beginning the hardest part of the writing process as I have so many ideas that sometimes even when I try to plan each chapter, I can get overwhelmed and have to read back each page numerous times to make sure I am happy with what I have written.

 

 

What do you think makes a good story?

 

Everyone’s needs from a good story are different but for myself, I would be happy if I was reading a book which surprises me by drifting away from the ‘norm’. Also, I love it when there is an overall message to a story, as I think it makes the storyline deeper and draws you in further, which in turn (for myself) makes me remember the book. 

 

How do you describe your writing style?

 

I describe my writing style as descriptive as I like to ‘stroke’ the reader’s imagination so they can visualise the image of the character, the feelings behind the immediate situation and the overall sense of the surroundings. I also drift into being a narrative writer as I like to ensure that with all the unique magical moments, the story has a definite and logical beginning, interval and ending.
 
 




When Faith’s mother starts organising the second stage of her arranged marriage to wizard, Damien, Faith knew she needed to escape, so she used her school as a place to retreat.

Throughout her after school duties, she meets the intense, alluring Rohan, who changes her life forever.

With his ice cold skin, transfixing eyes and enchanting voice, Rohan took hold of Faith’s heart and soul as soon as they looked at each other.

She knew it was wrong.

They were from two different circles and if the Elder’s found out, the consequences would be catastrophic for all involved, but the more time they spent together, the stronger they’re love grew, until one day someone sees them...

Will their love be strong enough to combat their conflicting mythical needs? And what will they do when Faith is dealt a life threatening blow that forces her to make a heartbreaking decision?
 
 
Name of Book: Split Blood: The Ancient Codex - Part One
Author: Louise Herman
Date of Publication: December 14, 2012 (Kindle)
Publisher: Mystical Media Publications
Pages: 333
Genre: YA, Urban Fantasy
Paperback or Kindle: Both


INTENSELY PASSIONATE WITH EXTRAORDINARY TWISTS AND TURNS, SPLIT BLOOD IS A LOVE STORY WITH A DARK MYTHICAL DIFFERENCE

www.split-blood.com




Louise Herman is a Yorkshire born Fantasy author obsessed with pear drops sweets and 80s Fantasy films.

In between reading James Herbert novels and drinking too much coffee, she writes Young Adult Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance novels.

Split Blood: The Ancient Codex - Part One is the first novel in the Young Adult Urban Fantasy Romance series with the second book estimated to be published in November 2013.


For more information, please go to: www.split-blood.com





No comments: