Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Heart-Shaped Emblor by Alaina Ewing: Interview and Excerpt


 




 
 
Welcome Alaina! Thanks for stopping by.  Morning Person? Or Night Person? How do you know?

 

Definitely a night owl. I do all my best writing in the dark. I know it’s awful for my eyes, but the darkness helps me see how the story needs to unfold. Therefore, I get a better flow.

 

Do your friends think you are an introvert or an extravert? Why?

 

An introvert. If I know someone well, I can generally mellow out and spend more time them. But in crowds, I can only take so much before I retreat. Conventions are the worst, so I like to have a hotel room to run away to. Then I recoup and emerge again once I’m rested.

 

Are the names of the characters in your novels important?  How and why?

 

Aislinn’s name is significant. Before I knew what it meant, I picked the name at random. She is a prophetic dreamer and visionary in the story, and Irish. Later I looked up what the Gaelic meaning is for the name Aislinn and found that it means dreamer or visionary. For this reason, hers was one name that I couldn’t change in the novel. It was like fate.

 

What do you find most rewarding about writing?

 

I can play out fantasies or pretend that I have a crazy and wild life, rather than being an author and mom. Granted, my life as a mom can be crazy too, and is always rewarding, but in my writing, I can relive my teen years, find cosmic romance, travel afar, whatever I wish. I create my own little world where anything is possible. I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have my writing.

 

Plotter or Pantser? Why?

 

I’m a total panster. I’ve tried countless times to outline and plot, but no matter what I do, I always end up changing the storyline and letting it go whatever direction it needs to.

 

Does your significant other read your stuff?

 

Oddly enough, no. He doesn’t care for genre novels. He’s more of a Shakespeare kind of guy.

 

What are you passionate about these days?

 

My family, writing, anything that allows me to express myself, and on a much larger scale, the planet. Human evolution. Equality. All those things that seem so far off for us as a species sometimes. I occasionally blog about this at www.alainayewing.com.






Young Adult Paranormal Romance/ Sci-Fi
Date Published: 10/11/2013



 
Hidden powers. Otherworldly boyfriends. FORBIDDEN SECRETS. 
For Aislinn Moore, attending college at seventeen isn’t a big deal. Not when compared to the difficulties associated with seeing ethereal beings and having prophetic dreams. 
As Aislinn learns to surmount the obstacles of her talents, she awakens something inside herself—an ancient memory, long forgotten. She senses there are reasons for her gifts, but remains unable to understand them. 
 
 
When Alexander Welch enters her life, she learns of the Ewlishash—the hope bringers—and thinks she may have found her answer. Alexander is sexy, sweet, and his talents are like something straight out of a Sci-Fi flick. Aislinn wonders if she may be like him, but the more she tries to fit his mold, the more her instincts scream that her destiny holds something even greater.

BUY LINKS:
 
 
 
 
  
The dream of Alexander had me rattled, and now that I had a chance to introduce myself, my apprehension seemed to be getting the better of me. The idea of him standing over me, watching me sleep as I dreamed of him, made me tremble.
I wanted to believe that seeing him in my room was still part of the dream, but the truth was, I didn’t know. That was why I needed Hope, why I couldn’t talk to him just yet. I needed to know if my dream had anything to do with what I’d asked my spirit guide.
 

 
 
 
 

Virtual Book Tour
November 16 - January 10
 
 
 
 
 

 Alaina Ewing
 
Alaina Ewing lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and two boys. She holds a degree in Multimedia Production and is the Assistant Chair for Cascade Writers, a nonprofit Milford-style workshop. She also makes jewelry, dream catchers, and enjoys working with herbs and essential oils. 



Her first novel, The Heart-Shaped Emblor, releases October 11, 2013 with Evil Girlfriend Media. The novel is the first in the Ewlishash Series. Read more about Alaina at
 
 
 



Twitter: Trinity1226 and/or EvilGMedia



 

No comments: