Thursday, October 31, 2013

Four Weddings and a Werewolf by Kristin Miller: Interview


 






How did you start your writing career?

 

It’s simple: I wanted to read a book that didn’t exist. I thought a certain premise would be really interesting and searched Amazon and Barnes and Noble to find it. When I realized the book wasn’t out there, my uber-supportive husband suggested I write it. I thought the concept was ludicrous…until I sat down at the computer and wrote the book in three months. Surprisingly, another story idea came after the first. The rest is history. J


Where do you dream of traveling to and why?

 

This summer the family and I went to Ireland and drove through most of the countryside. We stayed at Belleek Castle in County Mayo and fell head over heels in love. As our only day there ended, Dear Husband said we should go back for our twenty-five year wedding anniversary. (What a guy, right?!) We’ve been married eleven years this year so I’m already counting down.

Tell us about your current release.

 

To have and to howl…

Logan Black, former Marine and bodyguard for the Seattle Wolf Pack, hates weddings and has no plan to walk the path to matrimonial misery. But when he’s hired to protect a hot-to-trot wedding planner with a werewolf stalker, he’s forced to put his feelings aside. Not such an easy task when the damsel can turn him on with a single smoldering glance.

Wedding planner Veronica Vale knows werewolves exist, but hates them. One bit her sister, changing their lives forever. When a sexy Marine shows his gorgeous face at one of her wedding appointments, Veronica finds it hard to focus on the task at hand.

The chemistry drawing Logan and Veronica together seems fated, but with Logan’s playboy attitude, Veronica’s hatred for werewolves, and a stalker lurking in the shadows, these two need more than passion to keep them together.


Tell us about your next release.

 

I’m currently writing the third book in the Seattle Wolf Pack series. This is Carter’s story. (He made an appearance in Four Weddings and a Werewolf and jumped off the page as I wrote him.) It should be out late spring or early summer.

What was your first sale as an author?

 

My first sale was a romantic suspense called Dark Tide Rising. It released February 2011 from The Wild Rose Press. The hero is a straight-laced police officer from Humboldt County and the heroine is a loose cannon with a sixth sense. She sees her death before it happens and works with the hero to find the killer before he finds her. As the book that jumpstarted my writing career, the book will forever hold a special place in my heart. J


When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?

 

I write first thing in the morning. I send my kids off to school, sit down with a cup of coffee and pound out the words until noon or so. I get things done around the house for a few hours before they get home and maybe, if the deadline is encroaching faster than I’d like, I’ll write at night.



Does your significant other read your stuff?

 

Oddly, no. He’s really supportive of my writing career and I ask him questions about characters and scenes as I write. By the time the book is finished, he pretty much knows everything that happens and how the characters wind up together in their happily-ever-after. Kind of takes the fun out of reading, you know? I can understand. I never like people spoiling the endings of books and movies, either.


Do you have critique partners or beta readers?

 

I do! I think critique partners are so incredibly valuable. I have a beta reader who is a friend I’ve had for years—she reads everything first and gives me general feedback on whether I’m on or off the mark. I also have a handful of crit partners who get my books at different stages. I may send something to one if I’m having a particular issue or concern with the story, and send pages to another for a different concern. It really depends, but I have no less than three readers/critique partners give feedback before the book goes to my editor.


Who are your books published with?

 

I’m currently published with Entangled (Covet), HarperColins (Avon), and Harlequin Nocturne (Cravings).  


Do you hear from your readers? What kinds of questions do they ask?

 

Hearing from readers is one of my favorite things. Readers usually ask about upcoming releases or which characters will star in future books. I’m happy to answer any and all questions!

 

If I came to visit early in the morning would you impress me as being more like a chirpy bird or a grumpy bear?

 

That depends. If you visited early and brought a pumpkin spice latte I would definitely be a chirpy bird. Otherwise, until I’ve had my morning cup, I’m a grumpy bear!
 

Do you have a favorite quote, quip, or saying? What is it?

 

“Your story matters. Tell it.” It’s written on a board above my desk and reminds me to stay focused. 

 

Do you have a Website or Blog?

 
www.kristinmiller.net





Four Weddings and a Werewolf
Kristin Miller
Release Date: 10/28/13
Publisher: Entangled Covet
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Werewolves 


Book Description: 


To have and to howl… 

Logan Black, former Marine and bodyguard for the Seattle Wolf Pack, hates weddings and has no plan to walk the path to matrimonial misery. But when he’s hired to protect a hot-to-trot wedding planner with a werewolf stalker, he’s forced to put his feelings aside. Not such an easy task when the damsel can turn him on with a single smoldering glance. 

Wedding planner Veronica Vale knows werewolves exist, but hates them. One bit her sister, changing their lives forever. When a sexy Marine shows his gorgeous face at one of her wedding appointments, Veronica finds it hard to focus on the task at hand. 

The chemistry drawing Logan and Veronica together seems fated, but with Logan’s playboy attitude, Veronica’s hatred for werewolves, and a stalker lurking in the shadows, these two need more than passion to keep them together. 



National bestselling author Kristin Miller has had a passion for language and literature her whole life. Born and raised in northern California, she often made up stories about faraway places and edge-of-your-seat adventures. After graduating from Humboldt State University, Kristin taught high school and middle school English, married her college sweetheart, and had two beautiful munchkins. In 2008, she took time off from teaching to raise her children, and started writing while they napped. 
 
Her first novel was published in 2011, and since then she has had eight other novels published with Entangled Covet, Avon/HarperCollins and Harlequin Nocturne. She is the author of the Seattle Wolf Pack series (starting with the national bestselling book Gone with the Wolf), the dark and gritty Vampires of Crimson Bay series and the short-but-steamy Isle of Feralon novellas.  


 
Giveaway Info:
Custom Keychain with Wolf Vows 
Plus Kindle or $69 gift-card/if international  
 

a Rafflecopter giveaway







1 comment:

Rhonda D said...

I read this book last night and loved it. I will definitely be going back and reading Jake and Leah's story. Thanks for sharing today