Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Destiny by P.T. Michelle: Character Interview and Excerpt


 Character Interview with Isaac Robinson

This interview is for Isaac Robinson, the son of the headmaster at Bethel Baptist Academy. Here are some of Destiny’s thoughts on Isaac the first time he’s introduced in the book: Whenever I saw him, my heart skipped frantically and I could hardly breathe. Not only did he play football like a pro, he sang like one too. He was a senior, the Student Body President, smart, talented, gorgeous, charismatic, and completely off-limits.”

Although this book is called Destiny, it could just as easily be called Isaac because the book is just as much about him as it is about her.

Okay, moving on to the interview questions!

Tell us about your family.

Sure, I’d love to!

My dad is the headmaster at Bethel Baptist Academy. He tends to go a little overboard on the rules. Okay I’m under-exaggerating. He goes WAY overboard on the rules. But other than that, he’s a pretty cool dad. He always tells me how proud he is that I’m the Student Body President, he’s super supportive of my music, and he never misses any of my games.

My mom’s a realtor, and she’s almost never home. She’s always out showing some house or signing papers for a closing.

My brother Josh and I don’t really get along. I swear that kid’s angry at the world, and he’s made it his goal in life to take it out on me.

My Aunt Bethany is totally awesome. She’s going to hook me up with a recording contract one of these days.

My cousin Hannah’s fifteen. One day she’s going to get herself into big trouble, and there won’t be anything I can do to help her out of it. It’s the most helpless feeling in the world, and it terrifies me.

Lucas is Hannah’s little brother and my youngest cousin. That kid literally rocks my world. He’s five years younger than me, but for as long as I can remember we’ve always been close. Without fail, at every game I’ve ever played, he’s been sitting in the bleachers cheering me on.

Do you play any sports?

Um…is that even a question? I’m pretty much obsessed with sports. My dad’s had me on some kind of sports team since I was four. These days I play football, soccer, and basketball for Bethel Baptist Academy. 

What are you passionate about these days?

My passions? That’s easy. Football, music, and most of all, Destiny. I can’t get that girl out of my head. 

What do you do to unwind and relax?

Stargazing. I climb out my window onto the roof and hang out up there for a while. It helps me clear my mind.

Singing helps quite a bit too. I like to chill on my bed with my guitar. There’s just something so relaxing about connecting to the music, you know? 

If I came to visit early in the morning would you impress me as being more like a chirpy bird or a grumpy bear?
I would be a total grumpy bear. Don’t talk to me in the morning until I’ve had about two cups of coffee. 

What one word best describes you?
I have big places I want go to in life, and I WILL get there! 

Do your friends think you are an introvert or an extravert? Why?

Oh they definitely think I’m an extrovert. I’m a huge people person. A lot of people have stage fright, but I honestly don’t have a clue what that’s like. When I get in front of a crowd, I come alive. That’s why I’m so stoked to be the Student Body President this year.


Book & Author Details:
Destiny by P.T. Michelle
(Brightest Kind of Darkness #3)
Publication date: October, 2013
Genres: Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult

When destiny is on the line, will love be enough to light the way?

In order to save Ethan, Nara gets pulled deeper into his dark world, where everything she thought she knew about Ethan and herself turns on its head. Ethan and Nara turn up the heat with bone-melting seduction and heart-rending moments, but surprising revelations, lies, treachery, betrayal, and unimaginable evil will challenge their relationship and their future together. As the stakes rise, encompassing more than just her relationship with Ethan, will Nara make the ultimate sacrifice?



 Amazon | B&N | Apple  | Kobo  




P.T. Michelle is the author of the young adult series BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS. She keeps a spiral notepad with her at all times, even on her nightstand. When P.T. isn’t writing, she can usually be found reading or taking pictures of landscapes, sunsets and anything beautiful or odd in nature.

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Pinterest | Newsletter

No comments: