Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Immortals by Ednah Walters: Interview


Tell us about a favorite character from a book.


Torin St. James. Six-feet-three, shaggy, raven-colored hair, brilliant blue eyes, he has a thing for motorcycles and leather jackets. He might use portals to move from place to place, but if he can hop on his Harley and take off, he’s happy. He is amazingly protective, loyal and super-hot. Even when he doesn’t remember Raine, he protects her. 

Where do you dream of traveling to and why?

Egypt and Europe. I love old buildings, beautiful building, building with historical significance. I would love to see the pyramids, Parthenon in Greece, Temple of Hera and the coliseum in Italy, the Vatican…

Tell us about your current release.


Immortals is book 2 in the Runes series. Runes focuses on Norse mythology and follows the life of a seventeen-year-old and the Valkyrie she falls in love with.

Who is your favorite author?


Cassandra Clare

When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?


Since I have five kids, four of whom I have to pick up from school and drop off at the after-school activities, I tend to write better at night. I also write during the day. I’d say 6 hours of computer time a day. Some of that I spend editing, formatting, marketing and talking to Dell people because my computers tend to beak down a lot.

How do you describe your writing style?


I am a quasi-plotter. I don’t plot like a regular person. I sit back and mull over what I want to write. I see the characters in my head, what they look like, their quirks, who their friends are, their parents, the setting of their story, their motives, and how they meet. Usually, I mentally go over that first meeting, the few scenes that follow and how the story will end. Whatever happens between those first scenes and the last chapter I let the characters lead me.


Do you hear from your readers? What kinds of questions do they ask?


LOL, I hear from readers all the time. Some want to know when the next book will be released or tell me what they liked or didn’t like about the book. A few have asked me why I chose Norse mythology since it’s not so popular. The best question was if I modeled Torin after a real guy and where could they meet him. I loved that. Sorry, ladies, he’s a figment of my imagination. 

Tell us about your family.


I came to the United States as a graduate student, met the love of my life, and got married. We now have five children—four girls and one boy, two cats (Miu and Kenya), two mice (Cake and Fiona) and a Fish (Johnny Bravo)

Ednah Walters
Series: Runes #2
Publication date: August 5th 2013
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance

Nothing can stop Raine Cooper when she wants something…
Raine finally knows that her gorgeous neighbor, Torin St. James, is a legend straight out of Norse mythology, and that her feelings for him are strong. Torin is crazy about Raine too, breaking the one rule he lives by: Never fall for a mortal. The problem is he no longer remembers her, his memories erased by Norns—Norse destiny deities—to punish her for defying them.

So Raine comes up with a plan...
She will make Torin forget his one rule a second time and fall in love with her all over again.
But she quickly learns that well-laid plans do not work when dealing with deities and supernatural beings. Desperate, Raine makes choices that could not only tear her and Torin further apart, but lead to the destruction of everything and everyone she loves.

The Runes series:


EDNAH WALTERS grew up reading Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys and dreaming of one day writing her own stories. She is a stay-at-home mother of five humans and two American short-hair cats (one of which has ADHD) and a husband. When she is not writing, she’s at the gym doing Zumba or doing things with her family, reading, traveling or online chatting with fans.

Ednah is the author of The Guardian Legacy series, a YA fantasy series about children of the fallen angels, who fight demons and protect mankind. AWAKENED, the prequel was released by Pill Hill Press in September 2010 with rave reviews. BETRAYED, book one in the series was released by her new publisher Spencer Hill Press in June 2012 and HUNTED, the third installment, will be released April 2013. She’s working on the next book in the series, FORGOTTEN.

Ednah also writes New Adult paranormal romance. RUNES is the first book in her new series. She is presently working on book 2, IMMORTALS.

Under the pseudonym E. B. Walters, Ednah writes contemporary romance. SLOW BURN, the first contemporary romance with suspense, was released in April 2011. It is the first book in the Fitzgerald family series. Since then she has published four more books in this series. She's presently working on book six. You can visit her online at or

Grand prize giveaway
Prizes (open internationally):
$25 Amazon GC
an eBook of Immortals



Melinda Dartmann said...

I would love to win Immortals! It would go good with my Runes LOL! Thank you for the wonderful giveaway!

Marcy Meyer said...

Thanks for the great giveaway chance! Love the cover!

Ednah Walters said...

Thanks for participating in the tour. xoxo