Monday, July 29, 2013

Reaper's Rhythm by Clare Davidson: Character Interview


 






Today I’m happy to introduce Kim. She’s the heroine of Reaper’s Rhythm. Let’s all give her a big welcome!



 

Hi, Laurie. I’ve never done an interview before –
Kim Illustration
by Bramasta Aji
unless
you count being questioned by the police – so I might be kind of nervous.
 

 
 
What group do you hang out with in high school?

 

I mostly hang out with my best friend, Sophie. I’m not one of those girls who prowls round the school in a large pack, thinking we own the place. I like to hang out with Sophie because we put up with each other’s bad moods and I can tell her anything. Almost anything.

 

What do you do to unwind and relax?

 

A mixture of normal teenage stuff: I watch TV and go to the cinema. Sometimes I’ll even let my kid brother, Chris, talk me into playing computer games with him. I always kick is ass at the racing games, which doesn’t make him happy. I also love curling up with a good book.

 

Morning Person? Or Night Person? How do you know?

 

I’m more of a morning person. I find it pretty easy to get up, even on a school day. Yup, I actually enjoy school.

 

Who should play you in a film? 

 

Chloe Moretz, but she’d need to dye her hair. I really liked her in Hugo, plus I look a tiny bit like her.

 

What book are you reading now?

 

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Mum thought it would be a “good idea”. I wasn’t keen, but it’s pretty good.

 

If you could apologize to someone in your past, who would it be?


Charley. I was really grumpy with her when she left me at the take away. I hate walking home alone in the dark. I didn’t understand what was so urgent, she had to run off and leave me. If I’d known it was the last time I’d see her alive, I wouldn’t have acted like a brat.

 

Sorry. I don’t want to end the interview on a downer. One more question?

 

What makes you happy?

 

Being around my family and hanging around with Sophie. I even enjoy spending time with my pain of a kid brother, although I’d never admit it to him!

 
Thanks for inviting me over for a chat. I don’t know what I was so nervous about.


 


 


When everyone thinks your sister committed suicide, it’s hard to prove she was murdered. 


Kim is unable to accept Charley’s sudden death. Crippled by an unnatural amnesia, her questions are met with wall after wall. As she doubts her sanity, she realises her investigation is putting those around her in danger.


The only person who seems to know anything is Matthew, an elusive stranger who would rather vanish than talk. Despite his friendly smile, Kim isn’t sure she can trust him. But if she wants to protect her family from further danger, Kim must work with Matthew to discover how Charley died – before it’s too late.


 


PURCHASE LINKS: 

America:



 

UK:

Kindle

Paperback: 


 

 
 
 




Clare Davidson is an independent writer, based in Lancaster. Clare is a high school teacher, mother and character-driven fantasy writer. Clare was born in Northampton and lived in Malaysia for four and a half years as a child, before returning to the UK to settle in Leeds with her family. Whilst attending Lancaster University, Clare met her future husband and never left. They now share their lives with their young daughter, a cranky grey cat and an insane white kitten.  



She published her first novel, Trinity in July 2012. Trinity is a young adult, fantasy novel, which currently has seventeen five star reviews on Amazon UK.  


Her second novel, Reaper’s Rhythm, is due to be released on the 26th July 2013. Also aimed at a young adult audience, Reaper’s Rhythm is an urban fantasy with a dash of mystery.



Ways to connect with Clare Davidson:
 

Website: http://claredavidson.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClareMDavidson
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClareMDavidson
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6445758.Clare_Davidson


New releases mailing list: http://eepurl.com/zpjGf
  
 
 
 
 
 

DateHostPost type
Saturday, July 27, 2013 Michele Chiappetta Review
Sunday, July 28, 2013 Anahera Review
Charlotte Kane Author Interview
Monday, July 29, 2013 Laurie Jenkins Character Interview
Leigh Ann Kopans Author Interview
Allison Agius Author Interview
Tuesday, July 30, 2013 Nic Widhalm Guest Post
Jenette Mbewe Review
Cana Elene Author Interview
Wednesday, July 31, 2013 Char Review
Write A Revolution Guest Post
Steven Alloway Author Interview
Thursday, August 1, 2013 Sharon Sant Author Interview
Ruth Ellen Parlour Character Interview
Debbie Howell Guest Post
Friday, August 2, 2013 Jason Graves Guest Post
Rachel Horwitz Author Interview
Kat Ellis Guest Post
Saturday, August 3, 2013 Carrie Vaughn Guest Post
Amy Bookworm Character Interview
Sunday, August 4, 2013 Davonne Burns Guest Post
 
 
 
 







 

2 comments:

ClareMDavidson said...

Thanks, Laurie!

desiree reilly said...

love teh cover of the book and love swag will blgo on it