Thursday, June 6, 2013

Yesterday & The Locket by Amanda Tru: Character Interview

Yesterday Locket Tour

Character Interview with Hannah Kraeger,
heroine of Yesterday and The Locket


Hello Hannah. I'm so happy to get this chance to find out a little about you.  So, let's begin, shall we?  Tell us about your family.

That’s not as easy as one may think.  The short answer is that I was raised by my dad after my mom died in childbirth.  I have one older sister named Abby.  My dad is great.  My sister is also great and one of my very best friends, though she does tend to be somewhat nosey and overbearing at times.  Like most families, we certainly have our issues.  But ours are rather unusual.


What was the scariest moment of your life?

I have plenty to choose from!  Lately, it seems like each new thing that happens is worse than the previous.  Before my life turned upside down, my scariest moment was letting my sister drive.  But that was before the snowstorm where I found a family injured in a car accident.  Trying to save them was the hardest, scariest thing I’d ever done.  And then, when it was all over, things got worse.  At least back then, my life hadn’t been in danger.


As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? 

As an adult, I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up!  I’m not really good at decisions.  Growing up, I think I wanted to be something different every other week, and I don’t know that it’s changed much yet.  I’m currently majoring in Art, but I’m not exactly sure what I want to do when I graduate.  I’m not sure I’m meant to be a starving artist.  I’m also getting a minor in Chemistry.  I’m good at Chemistry, some people say I’m gifted, but Art is really where my passion is.


What songs are most played on your Ipod?

Some people have a few guilty pleasure songs.  All of mine would probably be considered guilty pleasures.  What can I say, the ‘80’s rocked.  I also admit a fondness for the oldies.  I probably don’t have what would be considered a fantastic voice, but that doesn’t stop me from belting out the lyrics to all of my favs (when nobody else is around, of course).


What do you do to unwind and relax?

Art.  Put a pencil or paintbrush in my hand, and I immediately feel the tension drain.  Art is what I do when I have nothing else to do.  It relaxes and rejuvenates me like nothing else.  I am a compulsive doodler.  All of my college notes are decorated with my little drawings.  I really need no excuse to start doodling on anything handy.


If you could apologize to someone in your past, who would it be?

God.  I haven’t exactly had normal experiences lately.  Sometimes I feel like God has some sort of mission for me to accomplish, and yet I’m afraid I screw it up.  I’m not necessarily noble.  Others have called me a hero, but the truth is, I’m selfish.  If I have the opportunity to get my own desires met, I’ll do it, even if it means somebody else might get hurt.  And that makes me ashamed.

What is your favorite food?

Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate

Are you an optimist or pessimist?
A pessimist.  My motto is that I should always be prepared for the worst case scenario, just in case it happens.  I don’t seem to be a very lucky person, so for me, that worst case scenario usually does happen.


Do you have any quirks or phobias?

Everyone has quirks.  I guess my fear of driving is a bit quirky, though to me it’s entirely rational.  Specifically, I don’t like letting other people drive.  I can manage my fear somewhat if I’m the one driving, but having someone else drive makes me feel out of control.  Not to mention, there are a lot of bad drivers out there!  If someone else is driving I have to either close my eyes or tie my tongue down so I don’t get upset and say something I may regret later.  I know it’s really my problem not theirs, but a little fear is healthy!  In my case, it might be a bit more than a little fear.  Okay, so maybe it’s a phobia, but it’s based on very strong reasons!


What kind of person are you looking for romantically?  What character traits are on your list?

I’m kind of an introverted person and haven’t really dated much.  But if I were writing a Wish List for my guy . . . I would want someone who is smart, caring, and a Christian.  In some ways, I’d also want him to be opposite me.  I’d like him to be more of an extrovert and push me out of my box.  I’d want him to be strong and brave.  It definitely wouldn’t hurt for him to be nice to look at, but more than that, I’d want him to love me in spite of my flaws.  Have I met my dream man?  Unfortunately, I think I have.  But having found him only to lose him before we had a chance, I think is worse than having never found him at all.  Now I’m left with a haunting memory of what might have been and the knowledge that he will never be mine.




Her yesterday was five years ago. What will her tomorrow bring?

When HANNAH KRAEGER saves a family injured in a car accident, she has no idea she has changed events in the past. Waking the next morning, Hannah discovers her yesterday was really five years ago.

Each trip Hannah takes through time changes the timeline and her own life. With help from DR. SETH MCALLISTER, Hannah must unravel the mystery of why she time travels and who she actually is before the strange ability costs her future, the man she loves, and even her life.

YESTERDAY is a thrilling Christian Romantic Suspense filled with unexpected twists, mystery, and romance.


The Locket

Hannah suddenly finds that she has time travelled once again, but this time is different. After helping save a woman's life, Hannah discovers that she has completely altered the timeline and thrown her very existence into jeopardy.

Facing life-threatening effects upon returning to her own time, Hannah is then given a death sentence: if she time travels again, she will die. Now, Hannah must solve the clues to her own identity and find a way to save her own life before she is once again sent spiraling through time.

Will her mother's locket hold the key to both her past and her future? Has she just found the love of her life only to lose him? Could God have a plan for Hannah amidst the chaos?




Author Amanda Tru

amanda tAlthough I loved my job as an elementary school teacher, I am now very blessed to be mommy to three adorable little boys and living my dream of being an author.
I have a vivid imagination and have always been easily entertained by the stories in my head. Fortunately, I also love to paint those pictures with words. I like writing a wide variety of genres, and my current book list includes everything from a Christian time travel / romance series, to an action-packed suspense, to a romance involving a woman who likes to anonymously play matchmaker.

Although I enjoy historical, Christian, paranormal, suspense, and everything in between, my books all have one thing in common--I love to surprise my readers with the unexpected. I currently have 7 books available for kindle, nook, and paperback.

My family and I live in a small Idaho town where the number of cows outnumbers the number of people.

Yesterday Locket Tour

Tour Giveaway

$25 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash

Ends 6/17/13

a Rafflecopter giveaway


No comments: