Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Titan Drowns by Nhys Glover: Interview

What is your favourite quote, by whom, and why? “Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself.” ― Richard BachIllusions 

It has always resonated with me. Finding out who I am has been a life-long adventure, and being true to that person, a life-long challenge.

What is your favourite colour? Teal

What is your favourite food? Anything Italian

What’s your favourite place in the entire world? The Yorkshire Moors and Dales where I now live. You can’t beat an Aussie beach either!

How has your upbringing influenced your writing? My parents were New Agers before there was such a thing. They taught me to see the world differently from most people. They gave me a spiritual perspective on life. They were both very creative people in their own rights, so I learned that it was good to have an imagination and use my creativity.

What inspires you to write and why? Writing is an obsession with me. It’s an addiction I’ve had since childhood and have only been able to feed when my life allowed it. Now I have a lot of time to write. It’s a way to escape the ‘realities’ of life, but more importantly, it allows me to explore my inner world. I write because it feels good. And I like doing what feels good.

What genre are you most comfortable writing? Romance – particularly adventurous, different romances like time travel, paranormal and the less-popular historical (Roman).

What inspired you to write your first book? I wasn’t inspired to write and publish Labyrinth of Light, I was driven to write and publish it. I was symbolically processing the trauma of the worst year of my life – cancer and the death of my son – and I did it using a tool that had always been my favourite: storytelling.

What do you consider the most challenging about writing a novel, or about writing in general? Everything after the first draft! I love researching and then the creative high of getting the story down in first draft form. I hate the tedium of corrections. It’s like having to watch the same great movie over and over again. But it’s a necessary evil.

Did writing this book teach you anything and what was it? I learned a lot more about the Edwardian era and the Titanic. A fascinating time and an amazing ship! It also taught me that I could see an historical event from many points of view, and that I could entwine those points of view to create a clearer picture of that event.


Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre – Romance

Three loves are discovered as the clock counts down to 11.40 pm April 14, 1912. Karl Ontario is a medical researcher not an adventurer but when an audacious mission is proposed to go back in time to save doomed children on the ill-fated Atlantic liner, RMS Titanic, he makes sure he’s included on the team. Little does he realise that his own future happiness depends on saving the life of just one passenger: Lizzie Faulkner, an unwed mother-to-be.

Eilish Cork is a time travelling Retriever and this mission is like any other to her until she falls in love with her handsome Target, London barrister Maxwell Ingham, and is asked to risk everything to save him from his fate on the maiden voyage of that tragic ship.  And sweet Pia Rogaland, whose only goal is to rescue the children on board the Titanic until she meets Marco Lorenza, a man she’s not permitted to save.

With time running out, is it possible to rescue those victims history determined went down with the unsinkable Ship of Dreams or will more lives be forfeited trying to carry out this dangerous mission?
Rating – Between PG13 and R (sensual but not erotic)



Nhys Glover is an Australian teacher, historian, international presenter and author, who now lives and writes in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales of England. Here she looks out over Bronte Country, and is inspired to write romantic (and a little bit hot) tales of adventure that feed her Soul and inspire her readers.

Please visit  to find out more about Nhys, her fascinating life, and more details about her many books.

Connect with Nhys Glover on Facebook & Twitter


Next Stop
31st May – Book Review at Pages to Pages


No comments: