Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Spellcaster's Grimoire by Mark All: Character Guest Post: PUYB Tour Stop

 
 


Character Guest Post by Rain Devereaux

My name is Rain Devereaux.  I’m an initiate in the local coven here in the ‘burbs north of Hot ‘Lanta. You could call me Trish Sinclair’s Sidekick. Aidan still calls me Goth Girl, but I’m essentially just a geek with ‘tude. The warlock would be kind of annoying except for the fact that he’s super hot. Sorry, Trish!   ;-) 

I come from a long line of women practiced in the mystical arts, and I want to be like my grand-mere in New Orleans and use magic to help people. Unfortunately, I suck at spellcasting. 

But I’m not here to talk about myself, I’m here to tell you about Trish. Who also wasn’t that great a spellcaster, up until that night. I’m not supposed to give away too much about The Night From Hell. The fire was accidental, caused by cleaning chemicals. That’s my story anyway, and I’m sticking to it.     J 

Trish Sinclair writes bestselling How To witchcraft books. Aidan calls them cookbooks. He was a bit of a buzz kill before he hooked up with Trish. Maybe that’s overstating the case. How about, a wounded cynic? In need of … redemption, that sounds less lame than ‘a good woman’s love,’ right? 

Whatever. I’m encouraged by the fact that Trish didn’t used to be much of a spellcaster herself. I’m probably not supposed to spill that particular can of beans, but it’s okay, because she totally kicks ass now. She had the potential all along, she just needed a jump start. And that vicious witch Kate Cavanaugh could kickstart a corpse. 

Trish published the more harmless spells from her mother’s spell book, plus a few she collected from the ladies of the town coven (the ones who would talk to her). Thing is, Trish couldn’t get many of them to work. And unfortunately, she also inadvertently revealed the existence of the coven’s ancient grimoire—that’s a spell book—and the mystical crystal that gives the town’s witches their power. And the fact that one of the book’s spells enables you to steal the power of the crystal. 

When Kate the evil witch learned this, she murdered Benton Moorcroft, head of the town coven but failed to get the grimoire. With his dying breaths, he entrusted the spellbook to Trish. Which she didn’t really have the abilities to protect from Kate, who hunted Trish and me down, using some wicked elemental powers. We enlisted the aid of the aforementioned cynical warlock Aidan McCarthy, whose trailer will never be the same after the tornado, but I think that’s more dirty laundry I’m not supposed to air in the blogosphere. 

With the book and some help from Aidan—and yours truly! J—Trish got hold of some awesome power, although that involved the risk of going supernova on the whole town.I don’t have space to tell you why Benton gave the grimoire to Trish instead of an accomplished witch, or the fate of the spellbook. But it will blow you away!     J 

Oh, did I forget to mention the name of the book?  The Spellcaster’s Grimoire.  I know, very Meta, right? 

 

ABOUT THE SPELLCASTER’S GRIMOIRE

The Spellcaster's GrimoireBestselling witchcraft author Trish Sinclair has a shameful secret: she’s a lousy spellcaster, and the spells in her books belong to others. So when a dying warlock entrusts her with an ancient and powerful grimoire, she runs for her life from his murderer, psychotic witch Kate Cavanaugh. Kate pursues Trish relentlessly to obtain the grimoire, which holds spells to command the fearsome power of a magic crystal hidden in town—and Kate is determined to have that power.
When the town coven refuses to help Trish protect the grimoire, she is forced to turn to cynical warlock Aidan McCarthy, who has a secret agenda of his own, and Rain Devereaux, a novice witch whose spellcasting abilities are even worse than Trish’s.  As Kate unleashes the elemental might of tornados and ice storms on the trio, they desperately struggle to defeat her.
But Kate is too powerful, and she manages to steal the grimoire and unearth the crystal. Trish knows Kate will use the stone’s power to exact her deadly revenge on Aidan and the town coven unless Trish can manifest her latent magical abilities to save them.


Purchase The Spellcaster’s Grimoire!

AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE





 

Mark AllABOUT MARK ALL

Mark All is the author of paranormal thrillers The Spellcaster’s Grimoire and Mystic Witch, published by ImaJinn Books in trade paperback and eBook formats.  He has won two international writing awards and contributed to Computer Legends, Lies & Lore.

Mystic Witch received a 5 Star review from the Paranormal Romance Guild, and 3½ stars (out of 4½ possible stars) from RT Book Reviews.

Mark is a full-time author after a career as an instructional systems designer at a Fortune 16 company. Prior to his work in computer-based training, he held jobs ranging from gravedigger to FM radio announcer to professional rock guitarist.

Mark presents writing workshops and taught his “Planning Your Novel” course at the Spruill Center for the Arts.

He earned a Masters degree in computer-based education and a Bachelor of Music cum laude.
You can visit Mark All’s website at www.MarkAllAuthor.com.




Connect with Mark!



 
 

The Spellcaster’s Grimoire

Virtual Book Publicity Tour Schedule

 
Next Stops
 
 
Wednesday, May 22 – Book Review & Guest Blogging at Queen of All She Reads
Thursday, May 23 – Book Review at My Cozie Corner
Thursday, May 23 – Guest Blogging at Janna Shay’s Fair Play
Friday, May 24 – Interview & Book Giveaway at Melissa’s Midnight Musings
Monday, May 27 – First Chapter Reveal at Books Books the Magical Fruit
Tuesday, May 28 – Book Review at Sapphyria’s Book Reviews
Wednesday, May 29 – Guest Blogging at Literarily Speaking
Thursday, May 30 – Book Review & Book Giveaway at Mary’s Cup of Tea
Friday, May 31 – Book Review at Offbeat Vagabond


 

7 comments:

Dorothy Thompson said...

Thanks for hosting Mark today, Laurie!

Mark All said...

Yes, thanks! And if anyone has comments or questions, I'd love to hear from you!

Mark

loves to dive said...

What a treat to hear from Rain, she is one cool chick.

Positive ability said...


THE GREAT POWERFUL SPELL CASTER THAT
BRING BACK MY EX BOYFRIEND.
I just want to say thank you prophet ahmed for all you have done for me.
He is back now. That very powerful spell caster STOP THE DIVORCE – and get my ex boyfriend back.
My name is Tonian Johnson, from Canada. I never believed in love
spells or magic until i met this spell caster once when i went for a business summit
last month (may). I meant a man who's name is PROPHET AHMED
he is really powerful and could help cast spells to bring back one's gone,
lost, misbehaving lover and magic money spell or spell for a good job or
luck spell .I’m now happy & a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to
marry left me 3 weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down because our
relationship has been on for 3years. I really loved him, but his mother was
against us and he had no good paying job. So when i met this spell caster,i
told him what happened and explained the situation of things to him. At
first i was undecided, skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try.And
in 7 days when i returned to Canada, my boyfriend(now husband) called me by
himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled with his
mother and family and he got a new job interview so we should get married. I
didn't believe it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and my
boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do. Well we are happily married now
and we are expecting our little kid, and my husband also got the new job and
our lives became much better.in case you are in any situation you can contact
prophet ahmed at his email solutiontemple39@gmail.com or his personal cell +2347053375151
Thank you for all your help prophet.

a0b4e8e0-9cbf-11e2-b5b3-000f20980440 said...

My name is Alicia and i want to testify of the good work done by a faithful Drlovemagic, a spell caster. in my life i never thought there is such thing as spiritual intercession. my problem started nine months back when the father of my kids started putting up some strange behavior, i never knew he was having an affair outside our matrimonial home. it dawn on me on that faithful day 19th of April 21st 4:23pm when he came to the house to pick his things that was when i knew that situation has gotten out of hand and he then told me he was quitting the marriage which i have built for over five years, i was confused and dumbfounded i called on family and friends but to no avail. two months after i started having problem with my kids welfare rent-age and all of it, i really went through hell. until a day i was browsing on the internet and i happen to meet a spell caster i never believed on this but i needed my man back so i gave the spell caster my problem at first i never trusted him so i was just doing it but you know a problem shared is half solved after a week my husband called me telling me that he his coming back home and that was all. now we are living happily and i still do contact him on this email: drlovemagicspellcaster@dr.com phone; +2347066207498

thank you sir said...

My Name is Mary from Australia am here to share to the whole world what this great man has done for me called Dr ikuku after the way my husband has treated me all because of love my husband treated me badly always carry different kind of women and drink a lot never wish to spend the weekend with me he always just wish to be with a lady i tried all my best and did all things for him to love me and made sure i take care of the bills at home if that would make him happy i almost went bankrupt all just to make my husband happy i was in deep pain and i tried to find a way to solve all this and make sure my husband come back to the way i meant him,i went on the internet and searched on some spell caster but my mind never agreed with any just only this man called Dr ikuku i saw so bad reviews about him but i was like this is a big lie how can this be written by just one person and i just concluded that all because they know how truthful this man his that's why they are writing does bad reviews and i read so much reviews on the internet about Dr Ikuku how he has helped lots of people in UK,USA,Canada so i got some of them number and gave them a call and they told me not to worry that Dr Ikuku his a trustworthy man and he does not use black magic or either Voodoo power he use pure Natural power given to him by God i was so happy and i contacted him and shared my problem with him he told me not to worry that he assures that my husband would be back to his senses within 48 hours i had faith in him that it will really happen believe me within the 48 hours it was a fight between my lover and his girlfriend my husband changed completely and spends the weekend with me no longer drinking he now focus on his work am so happy and am thankful to Dr Ikuku for what he has done you can contact him on ikukutempleofsolution@gmail.com or cell Number +2348034458597

thank you sir said...

My Name is Mary from Australia am here to share to the whole world what this great man has done for me called Dr ikuku after the way my husband has treated me all because of love my husband treated me badly always carry different kind of women and drink a lot never wish to spend the weekend with me he always just wish to be with a lady i tried all my best and did all things for him to love me and made sure i take care of the bills at home if that would make him happy i almost went bankrupt all just to make my husband happy i was in deep pain and i tried to find a way to solve all this and make sure my husband come back to the way i meant him,i went on the internet and searched on some spell caster but my mind never agreed with any just only this man called Dr ikuku i saw so bad reviews about him but i was like this is a big lie how can this be written by just one person and i just concluded that all because they know how truthful this man his that's why they are writing does bad reviews and i read so much reviews on the internet about Dr Ikuku how he has helped lots of people in UK,USA,Canada so i got some of them number and gave them a call and they told me not to worry that Dr Ikuku his a trustworthy man and he does not use black magic or either Voodoo power he use pure Natural power given to him by God i was so happy and i contacted him and shared my problem with him he told me not to worry that he assures that my husband would be back to his senses within 48 hours i had faith in him that it will really happen believe me within the 48 hours it was a fight between my lover and his girlfriend my husband changed completely and spends the weekend with me no longer drinking he now focus on his work am so happy and am thankful to Dr Ikuku for what he has done you can contact him on ikukutempleofsolution@gmail.com or cell Number +2348034458597