Thursday, May 9, 2013

Fusion by Imogen Rose:Interview:Bewitching Tour Stop


How did you start your writing career?

I very much stumbled into it. At elementary school, I hoped to grow up to become a race-car driver or a ballerina. However, I ended up with a PhD in Immunology instead and worked in London for many years, donning my white lab coat with pipettes in hand. Then, when my husband was offered a job in New Jersey, we moved to the U.S.. I was pregnant with my second daughter at the time and decided to take time off to be home with her. I loved telling her stories, and I’d make up all kinds of stuff to keep her entertained, drawing upon my dreams, which have always been very detailed and colorful. That’s how Portal began—as a dream—and I embellished it to entertain my daughter. She loved it and asked me to write it down. Once I started, I kept going until I had a novel written. I wanted to get it bound and found Createspace during my book-binding research. I saw the Publish button, and thought, why not?

Where do you dream of traveling to and why?
 I have traveled extensively, but I‘ve never been to Japan. I’m just about to release my first book in Japanese and would love to take a trip there to explore the country. Plus my younger daughter is a total Harajuku lover and can’t wait to visit the Ginza district of Tokyo.


Tell us about your current release.

Fusion is the fifth and final book in the Portal Chronicles. It’s a story about choices, about how they not only affect us but produce ripple effects that can alter the timelines and destinies of others. The Portal Chronicles is a “what if” story. What if you could go back to that moment in time when you made that crucial decision that forged your path of life? What if you could go back and change it? My series chronicles the repercussions of a mother doing just that. Arizona’s mother, Olivia, constructs a time-travel portal to escape an unhappy marriage and find her long-lost love. The Portal Chronicles is about how her decision turns Arizona’s life upside down. The first book, Portal, starts off with Arizona suddenly finding herself in a completely different life, and Fusion is about her realization and coming to terms with her mother’s decision. It’s a fun, romantic read with plenty of action, hot guys, cool girls, and fast bikes.


I am currently working on Uprising, the second book of the Bonfire Chronicles. For the Portal Chronicles fans who are wondering what on earth is going on in the other dimension, what are Arizona and the others heading back to, and what happened at the ice-rink... those questions will be answered in Uprising.

What are your favorite TV shows?

I love watching TV! My current favorites are the Vampire Diaries, The Following, Beauty and the Beast, and Shameless.

What songs are most played on your Ipod?

Naive (The Kooks), If We Fall (She Said Save Me), Radioactive (Imagine Dragons), and The Underestimation of Denial (The Nick Tree Band).

What would you consider to be the best book you have ever read? 

1984, by George Orwell.

Tell us about the absolute BEST fan letter you have received.


What one word best describes you?



Do you have a Website or Blog?

Yes- but it’s easier to get in touch with me via Facebook:

Portal Chronicles
Book Five
Imogen Rose

Genre: paranormal YA
What if, once upon a time, I had taken that leap of faith?
Our choices not only affect us, but send tremors of change that can alter the destiny of others. Especially if you happen to construct a time-travel portal...

My name is Arizona Darley and my mom did just that.

When Olivia decided to go back in time to find the one man she was destined to, she catapulted Arizona’s life into rollercoaster of confusion. Fusion is the highly anticipated conclusion to the Portal Chronicles, which began with the YA bestseller, Portal.

About the Author:

Imogen Rose is the author of the bestselling series, the Portal Chronicles, which has attained cult status within indie literature and become a favorite among teens and adults alike. An immunologist by profession, Dr. Rose published her first work of fiction in 2010. She now writes full time and is currently working on her second teen series, the Bonfire Chronicles. Imogen was born in Sweden and has lived in several places, counting London among her favorites. She moved to New Jersey in 2001. A self-confessed Hermès addict, Imogen freely admits to being obsessed with Kurt Cobain. She enjoys shopping, traveling, watching movies, and hanging out with her family, friends, and Chihuahua.
Website    Blog    Facebook    Twitter

Next Stops
May 10 Character Interview and review
The Reading Cave
May 11 Interview
Books, Books the Magical Fruit
May 13 Guest blog
My Guilty Obsession


1 comment:

Diana said...

Very beautiful interview. The drawing is amazing and thank you for the giveaway!

Raffle name: Demitra Giote