Thursday, May 30, 2013

Cryptid Tales Omnibus by Brina Courtney: Spotlight and Review

 
 






The complete bestselling series with over 35,000 readers!

 

You think seeing ghosts is weird? Tell me something I don't know.

My childhood best friend Jeremy happens to be a ghost.

My life is a puzzle, and the biggest piece missing has been my dad. Since his disappearance when I was six it's been tough, but Jeremy has been by my side through it all.

But now Jeremy has gone missing too and I feel like I'm never going to get all the answers I've been looking for.

Fate intervenes when Hugh, a real live college beefcake, starts taking an interest in me. He divulges that he also shares my little "gift" of seeing the dead and I know I'm finally getting closer to finding all the pieces.

However, the more the puzzle is completed, the more questions I have.

Senior year is hard enough as it is, but clearly I like a challenge.






Reveal: Cryptid Tales (Vol.1)
4 Stars

 I enjoyed the whole concept of this book, and I read it quickly, although I was disappointed that it ended with a major cliff-hanger.  For a debut novel, it was entertaining; I was easily able to step into Shay’s world.  She is instantly attracted to Hugh; they seem to have a special bond from the first. Even so, I like that the pair become friends and allow their attraction to simmer rather than combust instantly into passion.  The kidnapping bothered me – I personally dislike being forced, and I do not feel that Hugh or Shay acted in character for those scenes. But, later the need for the rushed exit became clearer, and I understood better Hugh’s desire for fast action. Shay is a likable heroine, and as the cryptid society and her role in it is revealed, the mystery surrounding Shay becomes more complex and intriguing. I am looking forward to reading the next installment if I ever manage to clear my teetering TBR pile.  
 

This book was provided by the author in exchange for my honest review. 
 

Reviewed by Laurie-J
 

 

Brina Courtney is a young adult author obsessed with chocolate, crime shows, and fantasy movies. She's spent the last few years as an elementary teacher and a high school cheering coach. She lives in a small town in Pennsylvania with her husband and two very loud, small dogs.




Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5295520.Brina_Courtney




Tour Schedule

5/1/2013     ParanormalReads 
5/2/2013     OnlyGod Can Make a Tree 
5/3/2013     Ren'sRambles  
5/6/2013     Ramblingsof a Diva Booknerd
5/7/2013     Musingsof a Blogder 
5/8/2013     TheUnbecoming of Books 
5/9/2013     ParanormalBook Club 
5/10/2013   TheYA Bookshelf 
5/13/2013   AChick Reading 
5/14/2013   BookBriefs 
5/15/2013   Insidethe Pages of a Book 
5/16/2013   MyTwo Cents   
5/17/2013   SteeleReviews
5/20/2013   TwoChicks on Books 
5/21/2013   CaughtBetween the Pages 
5/22/2013   ReadingThe Paranormal 
5/23/2013   BookishThings & More
5/24/2013   TSKTSK What to Read
5/27/2013   FictitiousDelicious 
5/28/2013  TeenBlurb 
5/29/2013  NewAdult Addiction 
5/30/2013  Laurie'sThoughts and Reviews  
5/31/2013    Book Nerds Across America 
 
 





Swag bag package with a bracelet, bookmarks and stickers.

 
 



No comments: