Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Selkie Sorceress (Seal Island Trilogy, Book 3) by Sophie Moss: Interview


Sophie Moss

Author of the Seal Island Trilogy


When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?
I’m a morning person. I love to wake up before everyone else, and most of my energy comes at that time. I’m usually at the computer by 5:30AM. I write between 8-10 hours every day.


Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?

Yes. I usually choose a song or station in Pandora that sets the right mood for the scene. While writing the Seal Island Trilogy, I listened to a lot of Irish music!


Plotter or Pantser? Why?
I wish I was a pantser! I spend almost as much time plotting a story as I do writing it. I don’t write a single line of description or dialogue (my favorite parts) until I’ve outlined the entire story and ensured that each character has a compelling goal, a believable motivation, and something stopping them from getting what they want in every single scene.

Do you have any special routines or rituals?

Every morning, before I start the day, I write down ten things I’m grateful for. It helps me stay grounded and upbeat.

What makes you happy?
I am happiest when I’m outside, surrounded by nature. I take lots of breaks during the day to hang out with my dog and fiddle in the garden. I am also really excited when I get a message from a happy reader. Those messages make my day!


What do you do to unwind and relax?

I love to garden. I spend a lot of time outside digging in the dirt, planting herbs and flowers. Roses are my favorite. J I usually unwind at the end of the day with a Guinness in my garden.


Sophie Moss Bio

Sophie Moss lives in the Mid-Atlantic, where she is currently at work on her next novel. When she’s not writing, she’s fiddling in her garden, hunting for four-leaf clovers, or trying to convince a friend to have a Guinness with her at lunch. Sophie loves to hear from readers. Email her at or visit her website to sign up for her newsletter.



American detective Sam Holt has a knack for finding people who shouldn't be found. When his last case almost killed an innocent woman, he swore off detective work forever. But when this same woman asks him for one last investigation--to find her husband's long lost mother--Sam cannot refuse. Clairvoyant Irish artist Glenna McClure will do anything to stop Sam, even if it means teaming up with a powerful sorceress who she knows she cannot trust. But when the petals of a mysterious night-blooming rose begin to turn black, Glenna realizes that an even darker force is at work. To protect the people she loves, Glenna will have to face a terrible curse that has haunted her all her life before the final petal fades to ash.

The Selkie Spell (Seal Island Trilogy, Book 1)  

The Selkie Enchantress (Seal Island Trilogy, Book 2)  

The Selkie Sorceress (Seal Island Trilogy, Book 3)
just released April 25.

Sophie Moss is the author of contemporary Irish fairy tales, THE SELKIE SPELL, THE SELKIE ENCHANTRESS, and THE SELKIE SORCERESS. She has a strange knack for finding 4-leaf clovers and writes best while sipping a Guinness.

1 comment:

Sophie Moss said...

Thank you so much for featuring me on your blog, Laurie! I really appreciate it. :)