Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Beast Within by Johnathan Yanez: Tens List and Excerpt: RABT Tour Stop


 







What are 10 Things readers would be surprised to know about you?
 

A.      I know how to play the piano and want to pick it back up again soon

B.      I have three tattoos and I’m open to being persuaded to get #4

C.      I’ve skydived

D.     I’ve raced motorcycles and cars

E.      I love Kelly Clarkson, Jessie J, Pink, Katie Perry, I don’t care what anyone thinks they have some catchy songs!

F.      I’m growing my hair out to donate to Locks of Love. Five inches so far I need ten before I chop it off

G.      I’m doing a fifteen mile/twenty-five obstacle mud run in April called The Tough Mudder to support the wounded warriors foundation

H.    I played the saxophone growing up

I.      I was homeschooled all the way up until college

J.     I have a cat, Helen, with two different colored eyes and a husky,Daphne, who thinks she’s a wolf
 
 


Jonathan Yanez was born and raised in a Christian household in Oxnard, CA. He was involved in everything from piano and saxophone lessons to swimming and track. Growing up his parents encouraged him to read, and he did - anything he could get his hands on. Soon he developed a fascination with storytelling and characters that would follow him the rest of his life.

 
Graduating from BIOLA University with his BA in English Literature he never lost his love for writing and creating. He now works part-time as a personal trainer and hopes to one day make the move to writing full-time.

 
Other than reading and writing, his passion is living life to the fullest. He loves; spending time with his wife and pets, watching movies, participating in mud runs, traveling, going to the gym and pushing his limits in everything. This desire takes him anywhere from skydiving and motorcycle riding, to surfing in Hawaii and various types of martial arts. He has his eyes set next on archery and running with the bulls in Spain.

 
He is married to the love of his life and resides in Southern California with his husky,
Daphne and cat, Helen.


 
 



Young Adult Paranormal 


My name is Connor Moore, I’ve just graduated from high-school and if my up and down relationship with Katie, or what to do about college wasn’t enough to worry about, now I have a far greater more complicated burden to bear.


Fate has chosen to cross my path with Larentia Abelardus, a dark-haired mystery woman who has information about a father, I never knew. She has a story to tell, a story that questions everything I thought was true; about me, about my family, about the history of the world.


Concealed throughout the pages of time, there has been a powerful race of human-like creatures manipulating mankind. This Elite race is made up of five ruling families who have obeyed The Law and continue to keep their identities a mystery. Now, after centuries of secrecy, an ancient foe is forcing them out of hiding and because of the blood that flows through my veins, my destiny is tied to theirs.
 
 
 

Tiny moving lights marked vehicles below, and even tinier dots, moving slower, were what Connor guessed to be people. The wind picked up on the roof and tiny goose bumps prickled Connor’s skin. Placing his right arm around Laren, who he assumed must be cold, he was surprised. She was actually warm to the touch. Despite this, she leaned her head onto his chest.

“Isn’t it great? It’s so quiet here; the lights of the city remind me of a Christmas tree, and if that wasn’t beautiful enough—” She pointed to the sky and Connor looked up.

It was breathtaking; the moon beamed its power across the city and welcomed everyone to partake in its soft, strong light. The stars were doing their best to compete with the moon but all fell short, even the brightest star paling in comparison.

“You’re the first person I’ve shared this with.”

Connor looked down at her, so small against his chest, so perfect. She drew herself away from him and looked into his eyes.

“Why are you so perfect for me?” she asked.

“Because somehow we were… are… drawn to each other.”

Placing his hands on either side of her neck, he drew her closer to him and felt her soft breath. He could feel her pulse quicken against his palms. The moon caught her green eyes just right and radiated off them in a way that made her look both dangerous and beautiful. Their lips found each other and the rest of their surroundings fell away.

There was nothing else, no more questions, no worries, nothing but the two of them. The kiss was enrapturing; it took hold of his heart and refused to let go. It was as if something inside of him was made whole again.

They pulled away breathless, neither one willing to break the perfect silence. Time stood still as they gathered themselves.

“Well, I’m glad you invited me up here.”

“I am, too, but Connor, I don’t know if it’s fair to lead you on with my family and everythi—”

Connor cut her off with another kiss. This time when they separated, her eyes were closed, taking time to enjoy the moment.

“Stop worrying; it’s going to be okay.”


 
 
 
Virtual Book Tour April 1 - April 12

April 1 - Reading Addiction Blog Tours - Meet and Greet
April 2 - Wintry Words - Guest Post/PROMO
April 3 - A Bibliophile's Thoughts - Review
April 4 - The Adventures Within - Review/Guest Post
April 5 -  Pixie Dust Reviews - Review
April 6 -  The LUV'NV - Review
April 6 - Enchanting Reads - Guest Post/PROMO
April 7 -Paulette's Papers - Guest Post/PROMO
April 8 - Mythical Books - PROMO
April 9 - Laurie's Thoughts and Reviews- Interview/PROMO
April 9 - Buffy's Ramblings - Guest Post/PROMO
April 10 - Paberback Princess - Review/Interview
April 11 - Reading With ABC - Review
April 12 -My Cozie Corner - Review
 
 

 

1 comment:

Jonathan Yanez said...

Thank you for hosting The Beast Within today.