Monday, April 8, 2013

Onio by Linell Jeppsen: Character Interview and Review

 



 
Character Interview with Onio, Hero of the story.
 
 
Welcome Onio.  This is a rare treat. Thanks so much for visiting and agreeing to answer some questions.  Where would you travel, if you could?

ONIO- Well, since the Sasquereen came to get us, I have been VERY busy! When I was a cub, my tribe mates and I had fun traveling the underground warrens and tunnels and spying on humans from the shelter of the tall trees, but now I am king and general to the Sasq warriors and travel the eight recognized galaxies, in search of trouble makers and hostiles.


So, in answer to your question, I think I would like to go back to the secret rivers and silver glades of my childhood on Earth.

Who is your favorite author?

ONIO- Without a doubt, my favorite writer is Linell Jeppsen. I ran into her one day, while she was huckleberry picking in the forest. She was not scared of me at all! She sat on a large boulder, pulled some paper out of her pocket and started asking questions about me and my tribe mates. Since then, she has written about many of my adventures... She told my story for the first time in the novel, Onio. Then she told the tale of how I helped a young girl go deep into the faerie world to save Timaron- king of the Unseelie court, and now she and another writer named J. Bryden Lloyd, from some place called Wales, are writing a serialized novel called, The Guardians! (You humans should probably pay close attention to this one, since it involves evil alien vampires that are making their way into the Sollus system and its only populated planet, Earth!)

Talk about your family~

Onio- Ah, my favorite subject! My most beloved family member is my wife, of course. Her name is Melody and she is the most beautiful and brave person I know! I have two cubs now, as well- my son is ten-years-old now, his name is Lumos, and my daughter, whose name is Angel, is six! There is Petal (my mother) and Rain (my grandmother) and my best friend in the eight galaxies, Blue Sky! Come and read my stories, and then you, too, can meet all my loved ones!

What was your scariest moment?

ONIO- I have had many terrifying moments, but one of my scariest moments was when the Sasquatches came up from the underground worlds and presented themselves to the world of men! It's too long of a tale to get into right now, but you can see what happened if you read the story of my life, Onio!

What did you want to be when you grew up?

ONIO- This is embarrassing, but I wanted to be a human being! I am only a quarter Sasquatch, you know, and for the longest time I did not feel as though I belonged with my own people. (they  didn't think so either, because I do not look very much like them!) Then I met Melody (a human girl) and Blue Sky. It was very wonderful for me~

What are you passionate about?

ONIO- I am passionate about my wife and children, of course, and also about my tribe mates. Now that I am king, though, my focus has changed. Our species are called the Guardians for a good reason~ we are tasked with the protection of all species who are smaller and weaker than ourselves. Since I have come home to Sasquereen, I know, now, just how vulnerable many planets and their people are! We are kept very busy!

If a movie were to made about you, who would you want to see play your part?

ONIO- Without a doubt, Joe Manganiello should play me. We are very much alike in appearance!


 





In this modern world of science and high technology, in secret places deep under the ground and in the forest primeval, legends still walk the earth and what we think of as myth and fairy tale are all too real.

Driving home late one night, Melody Carver, bereft and grieving after the death of her mother, sees a strange creature standing on the lonely road. This being will change her world-view forever, and open her eyes to a reality beyond her imagination.

Melody’s chance encounter on that dark and snowy road will mark the beginning of a journey of discovery and wonder that will bring two worlds together in hope and despair.

Can one person bridge the gap between the ancient and the modern, the mundane and the magical?

An urban fantasy filled with adventure, romance, war, heartbreak and triumph!

ONIO! Unlike anything, you have ever read before!
 
 
 

 

4 STARS 

On a desolate stretch of road during a ferocious blizzard Onio rescues a tired and disheartened motorist from certain death. Melody had swerved off the road in an uncontrolled slide to avoid hitting the huge creature that unexpectedly appeared in the road. Risking the safety of his clan, Onio brings the terrified woman home.  Then the most surprising things happen.
 

This richly drawn and fantastic story captured my imagination and held me enthralled as I eagerly devoured page after page.  So much goes on as the story builds it becomes so easy to suspend disbelief and accept that Sasquatch exist and are hidden still in the more remote areas.  The author paints such a descriptive picture of their culture and purpose so realistically that, as I read, I believed.   
 

This is a fantastical story with romance, intrigue and action that will not soon be forgotten. I hope this is just the beginning of several Sasquatch adventures from this talented storyteller.
 

This book was given to me by the author.
 

Reviewed by Laurie-J



 

Linell Jeppsen is a writer of science fiction and fantasy. Her vampire novel, Detour to Dusk, has received over 26- four and five star reviews. Her novel Story Time, with over 56- 4 and 5 star reviews, is a science fiction, post-apocalyptic novel, and has been touted by the Paranormal Romance Guild, Sandy's Blog Spot, Coffeetime Romance , Bitten by Books and 54 top reviewers as a five star read, filled with terror, love, loss, and the indomitable beauty and strength of the human spirit. Story Time was also nominated as the best new read of 2011 by the PRG! Her dark fantasy novel, Onio (a story about a half-human Sasquatch who falls in love with a human girl), won 3rd place as the best fantasy romance of 2012 by the PRG reviewers guild.


Her latest novel,The War of Odds, is a Young Adult fantasy!


For more information about Linell Jeppsen and her novels, visit http://neljeppsen.weebly.com, or http://www.worldcastlepublishing.com/home.html





1 comment:

Ch'kara SilverWolf said...

Wow what a fantasic character interview with Onio. It's one of my favourite books and Linell is one of my favourite authors.
Ch'kara