Monday, April 22, 2013

Creatures of Fire by J.B. Brooklin: Spotlight: Bewitching Tour Stop


1. How did you start your writing career?

I started my writing career as an author of e-commerce related topics. When the internet boom really took off I wrote a lot about marketing on the internet, how to build a good website and how to use the internet as a sales channel. I still write about these things but what really makes me happy is when I write fiction.

2. Has someone been instrumental in inspiring you as a writer?


Yes, Stephen King although I have never read one of his books (I am not so much into horror). His book “On writing – A memoir of the craft” gave me not only inspiration but also provided a lot of helpful advice.

3. When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?

I usually write in the morning after my children have left for school. I need to know that I have a few undisturbed hours while I write. I can’t sit down for a short 30 minute stint, it just doesn’t feel right.

 4. What is the hardest part of writing your books?

Sometimes the hardest part is to really sit down and just do it! There are days when I can’t wait to get to my computer and start writing and then there are days when I find a lot of excuses why I don’t have the time.

5. Where do you research for your books?

I research almost exclusively on the internet.

6. How do you develop your plots and your characters? Do you use any set formula?

No, there is no formula for me. Usually a book starts out with an idea or a scene that unfolds in my mind. I try to capture this scene or idea, so that I can get back to it, when I finally have the time to work on the project. When I write  I never know how the story will progress or whether I am about to write a novel, a novella or a short story.

7. Do you have any suggestions for beginning writers? If so, what are they?

 Be patient.

Revise your work until you have the best book you are capable of writing.

Be open to criticism.
Above all be stubborn and don’t let rejection stop you from writing!

Creatures of Fire
Sariel Baldwin Series
J.B. Brooklin
Genre: Fantasy
ISBN: 1230000109442
Number of pages: 212

Word Count: 69836

Cover Artist: J.B. Brooklin (Cover copyrights: Ring of Fire © dvarg #34150031 –, the dancer © Alexander Yakovlev #34413982)

Book Description:
She is a half demon, oblivious to her true nature.
He is a demon set out to avenge murder.
Together they are hunted by the one person she thought she could trust.
Separate they may be able to save each others lives.
“Creatures of Fire” a tale about power, ambition, responsibility and trust.
New York – Paris – Dschinnanya (the world of the demons)


J.B. Brooklin is a German author. Having lived abroad for several years in the US (Oregon, California, Florida, New Jersey), Spain and the Seychelles the writer recently returned to her home country and started writing mystery and fantasy novels. 

When she is not writing, her husband, twins and her cat are keeping her busy.

Twitter: @JB_Brooklin


Next Few Stops
April 23 Interview
Books & Other Spells. 
April 23 Spotlight
Krystal's Enchanting Reads ... 
April 24 Guest blog
Fangs, Wands & Fairy Dust
April 25 Guest blog
Share My Destiny
April 25 Review
Bookworm Babblings –
April 26 Spotlight
Sapphyria's Book Reviews



Laurie Jenkins said...

It's my pleasure to host you today! I love the cover of Creatures of Fire!

J.B. said...

Thank you very much, Laurie!

Jennifer Haile said...

Beautiful cover and this sounds like an exciting story!

-Jen Haile

kiwi_chick_2882 said...

Wonderful interview and gorgeous cover. Looks like a great read.


I can't wait to read your book

Natasha D said...

Sounds like a great read!!
Thanks for the chance to win!

Amber Daulton said...

Thanks for the giveaway!
I can't wait to read your book! It sounds great!

pam said...

Looks like a great book!! Thanks for the giveaway.

kathy p said...

Put on my TBR list!

Stacey Price said...

Great Cover! Can't wait to read it :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in the interview!

Jody A Kessler said...

I really enjoyed Stephen King's "On Writing.." as well and found it fun and informational! Good luck with your book :-)

Renata S said...

I do believe that writing fiction makes you happier than writing about marketing. I imagine I would feel the same way (if I could write fiction) :-)