Series: Ashwood Falls #1
Author: Lia Davis
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Fated Desires Publishing
Length: approx. 35,000 words
As the Alpha’s only daughter Shayna Andrews has always been treated like a rare gem, protected like royalty, and she’s suffocating. Her longing to be independent has driven her to sneak out one evening after dinner. After relishing in being able to run free without an escort, she finds herself face-to-face with the enemy, miles from home, and nearly loses her life until a lone wolf comes to her aid.
Travis Hunter’s main objective is to destroy the Onyx Pack—a group of drug using, murdering rogue shifters. His seek-and-destroy plans are put on hold when he rescues a female from a brutal attack. The beautifully exotic tiger shifter, Shayna, stirs a passion he thought died with his long-lost mate.
When Shay’s first heat cycle slams into her, Travis has no choice but to submit to her needs—and his own. But there is always a price to sleeping with the Pack princess. Not only will they have to face her Pack, Shay and Travis will have to deal with a mating that is beyond a single night and could have consequences more than either of them had thought. And when Travis finds out Shay wears the enemy’s brand, things will go from bad to worse.
Warning: One alpha female who doesn't take no for an answer, a wolf with more on the line than just his heart, and a combustible attraction that's sure to cause more than one sweaty night.
Travis Hunter’s blood froze in his veins at the piercing female scream that echoed through the forest. He was moving just as the sharp scent of blood tinted the crisp mountain air mixed with the rancid smell of the rogue mutants. His night vision, along with the silver glow of the full moon, allowed him to maneuver around the trees with ease. Just before reaching the rogues, he took one last leap and shifted in mid-air, his clothes dissolving in a flash, then replaced by brown fur. He landed on a human-like rogue and locked his teeth onto the male’s throat. With a jerk, Travis snapped his spinal cord at the base of his neck. Dropping the limp body, he turned in time to take the full force of a mutant as he attacked. They rolled in a tangle of limbs until slamming against a large rock.
Travis bit back the pain that rocked through his body. Fury built inside him and called the internal flame he kept contained since the night his burned his den down. Heat grew in his cells, consumed him fully until he glowed in a reddish-orange hue.
The mutant’s eyes grew round in fear with the knowledge that Travis held the power to call fire at will. Or, in this case, out of pure rage. Travis snapped his teeth and growled at the half-wolf, half-man, then slammed his paw into the creature’s chest and shoved the heat into the mutant. The fire consumed him in a flash of orange and blue flames.
Travis whirled away from the screams of the burning male and froze. Several feet away another male, this one in human form, crouched over the still body of a female. A low growl escaped from his throat as he charged. Travis barreled into the large male. He tackled him to the ground and bit down on the male’s neck, hard enough to break through the skin and bone.
After throwing the dead male aside, Travis shifted back to his human form and went to the female. Crouching down beside her, he pressed two fingers to her throat. Relief washed some of the rage away when a weak pulse fluttered under his fingers. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her home.
Lia Davis is a mother to two young adults and two very special kitties, a wife to her soul mate, a paranormal romance author, graphic designer, and co-owner to Fated Desires Publishing, LLC. She and her family live in
Northeast Florida battling hurricanes and very humid summers. But it’s her home and she loves it!
An accounting major, Lia has always been a dreamer with a very activity imagination. The wheels in her head never stop. She ventured into the world of writing and publishing in 2008 and loves it more than she imagined. Writing and designing are stress relievers that allow her to go off in her corner of the house and enter into another world that she created, leaving real life where it belongs.
Her favorite things are spending time with family, traveling, reading, writing, chocolate, coffee, nature and hanging out with her kitties.
- Sweeping Me (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- Love In A Book (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- The Darker Side of Romance (Review/Giveaway)
- Bunny's Review (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- LilyElement Book Reviews (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- A Bibliophiles Thoughts on Books (Review/Giveaway)
- Howling Books and Design (Review/Giveaway)
- Keeping Up With The Rheinlander's (Review/Giveaway)
- Harlie's Books (Review/Giveaway)
- Herding Cats & Burning Soup (Review/Giveaway)
- The Many Muses of MaryLynn (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- It's All About The Romance (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- Musings of a Writing Reader (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- Kaidans Seduction (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- Paranormal Romance Fans For Life (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- Proserpine Craving Books (Review/Giveaway)
- Words of Wisdom from The Scarf Princess (Review/Giveaway)
- Tana Rae Reads (Review/Giveaway)
- Musings From An Addicted Reader (Review/Giveaway)
- Coffee & A Book Anytime (Review/Giveaway)
- A_TiffyFit's Reading Corner (Review/Giveaway)
- Sweet n' Sassi (Review/Giveaway)
- Laurie's Thoughts and Reviews (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- Coffee Beans & Love Scenes (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- Discoveing Nya Rayne (Review/Giveaway)
- The Stuff of Success (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- Kaidans Seduction (Spotlight/Giveaway)
- Books & Tales (Spotlight/Giveaway)
The giveaway is tour-wide.
a $25 GC for Amazon, B&N or ARe (winner's choice),
an eCopy of Winter Eve, and signed swag.