Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hidden Gates by D. T. Dyllin: Interview: Sizzling PR Tour Stop


*What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?

-My Hubby and family have always been super supportive of my writing in general. Of course my Dad just shakes his head about the fact that I write romance and blames it on my Mom. You see, my Mom used to hide Romance novels all over the house so no one would know she was reading them. We all did though. I always stumbled across them in the most random places, like under the seat in her car. Eventually curiosity overtook me, and I’ve been hooked ever since.


*Does your significant other read your stuff?

-Umm…no, he does not. He’s more of a non-fiction book type of guy. If I forced him to read my girly romance stuff then he might try to make me read some of the books he reads…talk about torture! lol

*What do you think makes a good story?

-Personally, I think that what makes a good story is completely subjective. It kind of all boils down to whether or not you connect with the characters, and that goes for both the writer and the readers. But honestly, I get bored if romance doesn’t play a major part in whatever I’m reading or writing.

*As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

-I always wanted to be an actress. I used to dress up every day as a different character and I would fully commit to not breaking the role until bedtime. I would make up entire back-stories and worlds for these characters. It wasn’t until later in life that I realized I couldn’t really truly bring these characters and worlds to life all by myself unless I was rich and became a director/actress/producer all rolled into one…or I could write about them. I clearly only had one option.

*What are your favorite TV shows?

-Lost Girl, Doctor Who, SuperNatural, and The Following. It’s funny because even though I love to read and write romance, I find that I don’t like to watch it as much. *shrugs I’m not really sure why. Although I really wish Dyson and Bo would get back together, and I still prefer the Doctor and Rose episodes, not to mention how I think both Sam and Dean could use a little more romance in their lives…and…yeah…okay so I guess my mind really is always on romance. hehe


*How do you react to a bad review of your book?

-I’ve come up with an awesome coping system for bad reviews. I simply go and read bad reviews of my favorite books and authors. It puts things into perspective and reminds me that we all like different things and to not let a bad review bother me.

*Beatles or Monkees? Why?

-I actually love both the Beatles and Monkees. I used to watch the Monkees in rerun when I was little and my parents were huge Beatles fans so I remember watching the Beatles movies ‘Help’ and ‘A Hard Days Night’ with my mom. Buuuut…I actually like to ask people who their favorite Beatle is because I think it tells a lot about them as a person. I don’t want to say how I draw my conclusions but if anyone wants to tell me their favorite Beatle I will silently judge you. I’ve even actually advised some of my friends to ask any guy they’re dating who their favorite Beatle is before they commit. Seriously, it could save them a lot of pain.

*Morning Person? Or Night Person? How do you know?

-Definitely a night person. How do I know? Well my first clue is that I hate the day. And my brain agrees with me and sleeps through most of it. I feel like I don’t even fully wake up until the early evening. Sometimes I don’t even remember conversations that I’ve had with people during the day. To top it off, the sun makes me sleepy. That fact is one of the reasons some of my friends tease me that I’m really a vampire. lol



Cynical-Optimist. Chocolate-holic. Sarcasm Addict. Paranormal Believer. Self-Imposed Insomniac. Sci-Fi Geek. Animal Lover. Writer…are just a few words to describe D.T. Dyllin. She was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and now lives in Nashville, Tennessee with her husband and two very spoiled GSDs.


Book one of the P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy
D.T. Dyllin


For P.J. Stone, being a “Seer” who has never seen anything is less than fun. And P.J. isn’t known for her patience.

To make matters worse, she must choose a suitable mate to continue the Seer bloodline. Duty always comes before her heart…at least that’s what her parents taught her. When she finds herself wanting someone who is considered off-limits, P.J. is forced to question everything she believes.

As if navigating her love life isn’t complicated enough, P.J. finally receives a vision—of a threat to her world that only she can perceive. But no one will believe a fledgling Seer’s warnings. With nowhere else to turn, she may decide to trust a stranger with her life, her world, and maybe even her heart.

Buy Links



1 – Extended Excerpt @ A Little Bit of R&R Reviews

13 – Interview @ A Passion for Romance

14 – Interview @ Tory Michaels

26 – Interview @ My Home Away From Home

27 – Spotlight @ The Jeep Diva

29 – Extended Excerpt @ Starry Night Book Reviews


Ruth Benitez said...

I love her! She is so funny :)
Great interview :) You asked the most amazing questions

RUTY@Reading...Dreaming said...

Hi Laurie!

I'm just dropping by to say thank you for being a part of the tour! :) I know I'm a tad late commenting but for some reason the tour schedule I have doesn't mesh with the one everyone seems to have. I had someone else scheduled on the 6th. I'm trying to get it sorted out. But anywho...I had fun with your interview! Thanks again! :)