Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Last Keeper’s Daughter by Rebecca Trogner: Interview: Bewitching Tour Stop


Does your significant other read your stuff?

That would be a no, no, and no. Not that my husband isn’t supportive, because he is, but my work so far isn’t his thing. If I wrote about Mopars or Muscle Cars then he would read it. I tend to not like a lot of critique or suggestions while I’m writing. Afterwards I’m open to it, but while I’m writing it can distract me and make me question myself a little too much.

Plotter or Pantser? Why?

I’m a Pantser on Fire! I’ve tried to plot and outline, but I end up just staring at a blank screen. Usually I have some sort of inspiration that urges me to write. It could be a picture, or song, or book, but something sparks the need in me to get the story out. Fortunately, or unfortunately, once I get going with a story the characters take over. I can be physically standing in line at the grocery store but mentally I’m writing. I do plot the ending… in that I have a good idea of how I want the book to end.

What are your favorite TV shows?

I’m a nut for cable series, especially dramas. I’m a fan of Downton Abbey. There is something so calming about it, even though they deal with complex issues. Banshee is a new favorite of mine. I have never seen a more true to life fight scene than what was on one of the Banshee episodes. I loved the Tudors mainly for the costumes. The Borgia’s is a wonderful show. They show Lucrezia in a more positive light and I think that reflects who she truly might have been. Plus who can take their eyes away from the sets and the costumes and the delicious decadence of the Catholic Church at that time.  And finally there is Game of Thrones! Can’t wait for March and the new season.

What is it that you like to do when you’re not reading/writing?

I work. I make dinner. I engage with my family. I try to get out of cleaning the house. I know, I’m boring, but there just isn’t as much time as I’d like to do a whole lot more. I love to garden, which makes me sound ancient, I am not. I like to take Giblet on walks, again I’m sounding ancient. My husband and I go to car shows. I’m a big history buff of all time periods, so we travel and check out museums and such. I’m a Packers fan and enjoy a good football game.

What would we find under your bed?

You know I had to peek, because I had no idea. Luckily there was nothing nefarious going on under there. I found a lonely runaway sock, white with pink hearts. An empty picture frame that I have absolutely no idea how or why it was there. My wedding dress all wrapped up in an oxygen free plastic wrap thing.

If I came to visit early in the morning would you impress me as being more like a chirpy bird or a grumpy bear?

Anything before eight o’clock would be a train wreck of monumental proportions. I only exaggerate a little. I wouldn’t be grumpy, because I’m mostly southern and we just don’t do grumpy with a guest, not unless they’re family. I’m sure there would be a few long pauses in between something you’ve said and the time it takes my brain to foggily understand and send the right commands so that I can reply to you. On the bright side there would be coffee, copious amounts of coffee, and if I am forewarned of your visit donuts or some type of dissolute morning sugary treat with absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever.

Rebecca Trogner lives in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, and frequently crosses the Blue Ridge Mountains that were the inspiration for Krieger’s home. She always dreamed of being a writer, but got sidetracked by the day-to-day adventures of life. With the encouragement of her family, she has finished her first novel and is currently writing the next book in The Last Keeper’s Daughter series. Rebecca lives with her husband and son, and a rescue dog named Giblet. To find out more about the author visit 
Twitter: @RTrogner   

The Last Keeper’s Daughter
Book 1 in The Last Keeper’s Daughter Series
Rebecca Trogner
Genre:  Paranormal Romance Mystery
Publisher: Crescent Moon Press
Word Count: 86,360
Book Description:   

Born into old money, Lily Ayres lives at Waverly, her family’s estate situated at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Paris, Virginia.  She is a strange, small, almost mute, young woman who has no idea that her father has given her to the Vampire King Krieger.  Walter Ayres is the King’s Keeper and part of a secret society of historians who unearth, preserve, and attempt to understand relics of long forgotten civilizations. 

Lily has never felt comfortable in the human world, but after she suspiciously falls down a flight of stone steps, and is healed and claimed by Krieger, she realizes there is another world.  In this Other Realm she feels a sense of belonging, and begins to untwine the mysterious event which left her mentally and psychologically damaged.  When Walter disappears in England, Lily works with human and supernatural beings to uncover his whereabouts.  With each new discovery, she is pulled deeper into the vortex of magic, intrigue, and dark desires that permeates the supernatural world.  The revelations revealed unfold a story of deception and betrayal that threaten to tear the thin veil between the supernatural and human world asunder. 




RTrogner said...

Hello, Thank you for having me on your site today! I love comments and will check periodically if anyone should have any questions.

rubyswan said...

THANQ guys 4 the continuance treat Heads UP Of such a very eloquent LOVE STORY. I'm thrill 2 share with my reading buddies every where!

Lizzy said...

I enjoyed the interview, especially about what's under the bed. I never know what is under my bed either. My dog drags the weirdest things under there and it has ended up as a toy graveyard as well. Every rubber ducky ends up there with its nose bitten off.

Mer said...

This looks interesting! I like the idea of a secret society of historians.

RTrogner said...

Lizzy: I was a little afraid to peek under the bed too!

Mer: I just love history!

Thanks for the comments

Jennifer Haile said...

I love the cover! This sounds like a really good book!

-Jen Haile

RTrogner said...

Thanks Jen - some people love the cover and some hate it. I like it becuase it has significance in the story.. Take care