Monday, February 18, 2013

The Artist's Inheritance by Juli D. Revezzo: Character Interview

 


 
 


Character Interview With the heroine of Artist’s Inheritance, Caitlin
 
Where do you dream of traveling to and why?
 New York. You see, my ghostly soldier and his wife (who they tell me I was in a past life, but I’m not sure about that) lived there before the Civil War.
 
 
Who is your favorite author?
 Well I do love my author, Juli D. Revezzo—where would I be with her? As for others, there’s Ghosts and Other Paranormal Entities by Melina Ravish; she’s written some wonderful books on ghost encounters I carry around with me whenever I can.
 
 
What do you think makes a good story?
 Like any art, I think the question is personal to each reader but for me, fantasy with a dash of suspense or suspense with a dash of fantasy. J I also like small town tales, and I’ve started developing a taste for Civil War stories.
 
Tell us about your family.
 My mom and dad live in the Tampa area right now, and dad runs a mechanics shop. Mom does a lot of gardening. My aunt and uncle own a butcher shop up in the New York area, cousins too. My sister-in-law Amelia, well…she’s had it hard, what with Gordon’s illness the last few years, and his death. She’s settling in I hear, though. My husband, Trevor, of course, is a woodcarver and is getting an antiques shop off the ground. Me well, I’m grinding my teeth trying to stay employed at Kameko’s Print Shop, but my biggest love is gardening and spending time with my hubby, and my coven.
 
What was the scariest moment of your life?
 Oh dear, I could write you a whole book about that…Oh, wait. Juli already did. J Well, the scariest I think was just watching Trevor spiral down into madness the last year. There were times I thought I’d lose him as we lost Gordon. 
 
What book are you reading now?
 The Victorian Grimoire by Patricia Telesco . Magical Herbalism by Scott Cunningham, and Wheel of the Year by Pauline and Dan Campanelli among others. Of course, I’m also helping Juli out with her next installment in my life, Drawing Down the Shades. It’s the follow up to our first tale The Artist’s Inheritance. I guess reading over the typist shoulder that counts as reading, doesn’t it?
 
What are your favorite TV shows?
 I like Charmed. Shame it ended.

What songs are most played on your Ipod?
Possession by Sarah McLachlan and Ghost of a Texas Ladies Man by Concrete Blonde, among many others.
 
What is your favorite meal?
 I love to cook so I experiment a lot. I’ve got this lovely sage chicken Trevor and I just adore. Beryl, Heather, and Sealya are all requesting the recipe too.<smile> 
 
What group did you hang out with in high school?
 <smile>Need you ask? The weird ones and the artists.
 
Do you play any sports?
 No—well, that’s not true. I know how to surf—not as well as my husband, but enough to enjoy it.
 
What are you passionate about these days?
 I’m passionate about my blog. That’s been fun. And keeping the gods and ghosts out of my hair. I wish I could find some way to do that.
 
If you could apologize to someone in your past, who would it be?
 To Gordon. *sighs* I wish I’d known then what I know now about what he was going through. Maybe I could’ve saved him too…
 
What would you consider to be the best book you have ever read? 
 I haven’t always been a big reader but I’m reading more light comedies these days, when I’m not reading as I said, books on ghost hunting.
 
Morning Person? Or Night Person? How do you know?
 These days, I’d have to say I’m an afternoon person. I’ve had far too many nightmares to sleep through the night, or fully wake up before lunchtime.
 
Is there a writer you idolize? If so who?
Well, Juli, of course. But I tend to read more non-fiction, articles, that kind of thing. The authors I mentioned above are favorites.
 
What would we find under your bed?
 Now that one…*shudders* You know what they say about monsters under the bed? Our imps and ghosts seem to like to think they have free reign in my house. I’m afraid they’re lurking under my bed  (and in the kitchen, and in the attic, and in the shed out back)! That’s why I’m reading up on ghosts!
 
What one word best describes you?
 Stubborn.
 
Do your friends think you are an introvert or an extravert? Why?
These days Trevor and I have become complete introverts. Why? He’s been kinda sick lately…. 
 
Do you have any special routines or rituals?
 I’m learning to cast circles and prayers to the goddess and other such spells. Does that count? 
 
What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
 That I almost died in a meat locker when I was eight. It’s not something I share with everyone.
 
Do you have a favorite quote, quip, or saying? What is it?
 My favorite curse is: “Oh for Pete’s sake!”
 
Is there a piece of advice that you have received that has really stuck with you? If so, what was it?
 “Love is a powerful weapon.” It was something my friend Beryl told me that I think might help Trevor and I out. I hope so.
 

 
 




Settling into a new home, Caitlin notices changes coming over her husband. When ghosts and dark supernatural entities begin lurking--Caitlin knows something's not right, and not just her newfound precognitive abilities. It's the damned chair her husband's carving, she's sure. Could it be just what it seems: a mundane piece of furniture? If so, why is it attracting dark forces--the forces she suspects drove Trevor's siblings to insanity and suicide?

Armed with a handful of allies--a coven of helpful witches--she must proceed with caution against the hellish forces besieging her family. If she fails, she may lose forever the one thing she cares about most: her beloved Trevor.



Amazon  |  Barnes and Noble  |  Smashwords

and
Createspace for the paperback





Juli D. Revezzo is a Florida girl, with a love of fantasy, science fiction, and Arthurian legend, so much so she gained a B.A. in English and American Literature. She loves writing stories with fantastical elements whether it be a full-on fantasy, or a story set in this world–slightly askew. She has been published in short form in Eternal Haunted SummerDark Things II: Cat Crimes (a charity anthology for cat related charities), Luna Station Quarterly, The Scribing Ibis: An Anthology of Pagan Fiction in Honor of Thoth, and Twisted Dreams Magazine. She recently released her debut novel, The Artist’s Inheritance.

She also has an article and book review or two out there.But her heart lies in the storytelling. She is a member of the Independent Author Network and the Magic Appreciation Tour. 

and my links are:
http://julidrevezzo.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/JD-Revezzo/233193150037011


Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5782712.Juli_D_Revezzo

Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/111476709039805267272/posts

Manic Readers: http://www.manicreaders.com/JuliDRevezzo/

Twitter: @julidrevezzo

 
Enter for a chance to win a digital copy of The Artist's Inheritance.
 
 
 
 



2 comments:

Juli D. Revezzo said...

Thanks for having Caitlin here today, Laurie. She wanted me to let you know she enjoyed visiting with you!

Juli D. Revezzo
http://julidrevezzo.com

charj said...

I prefer ePub format