Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Embers at Galdrilene by A.D. Trosper: Interview






What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?

My husband and family are incredibly supportive. I am so lucky to have them. They cheer me on, kick my butt if I start whining and remind me to get back to writing.

Do you have critique partners or beta readers? Of course, doesn’t everyone. I’m way too close to my work to be objective about it. I can’t tell when I’ve left something out because I know about it my head and apparently assume everyone else automatically knows about it too. 

Is there a piece of advice that you have received that has really stuck with you? If so, what was it? Absolutely. Hire a good editor. It was advice that was given and I didn’t listen to at first. I learned the hard way it was very good advice. Now I often give that advice…and get ignored. Oh well, such is the way humans tend to learn things.

How do you describe your writing style? Barely controlled chaos where I arrive at the end exhausted and wondering how I made it there. But hey, it’s fun. 

What do you do to unwind and relax? When I just want to wind down and relax, I go sit outside and watch the chickens in their chicken yard. It’s a lot like watching fish in a tank only better.  

What was the scariest moment of your life? The scariest moment of my life was when my second son was born 6 weeks early and had to be in the NICU for ten days. It’s very confusing having something so wonderful as a new child born mixed up with the terror of the child going into the NICU with wires and tubes attached. 

What are your favorite TV shows? I don’t watch a lot of TV, but I do have some favorite shows. Vampire Diaries, Grey’s Anatomy, Homeland, Dexter, and Deadliest Catch are my favorites.  

What are you passionate about these days? I’m passionate about my writing and my dairy goats. I love my dairy girls both for their wonderful personalities and for the lovely milk they provide.

 


“A ray of light, a stain of shadow, shall endure to breathe life and death into the future”

The war between the Guardians and the Shadow Riders ended in total devastation. The final battle killed all the dragons and left nothing but fields of ash. A small clutch of dragon eggs was all that remained to provide hope for the future.

Five hundred years later, the ability to use magic is a death sentence and dragons are remembered as a curse. But the unhatched dragons sing for their riders...and soon six lives will be changed forever.

The elements of magic are drawn together as the dragons’ call leads them on an epic and dangerous journey of discovery. They soon learn everything they've been taught to believe about magic and dragons is wrong.

With the last of the dragons and the world at stake, they will risk everything to heed the call.

But an evil from the past soon threatens their discovery and new found joy. Shadow Dragons ride the dawn once more...
w moreShow less


Here is where I'm supposed to talk about myself in third person for whatever reason. But, even though there are a lot of people in my head, referring to myself in third person still sounds too strange.
Born in Kansas, I spent a lot of my childhood moving around. I've lived in Kansas, Oklahoma, Washington State (around Seattle), and southern California. I had many great adventures growing up. I'm now settled down in Kansas with my wonderful husband, three children, my wonderful dog Katie, assorted cats, and small flock of chickens.
 
 
I've been an avid lover of fantasy since I was young child. Dragons, elves, fairies, dwarves, and other denizens of the fantasy world as well as magic have always fascinated me. As I grew up, I developed an interest in vampires, zombies and my interests branched out to take in paranormal and urban fantasy.
 
I don't have any special writing credits to my name other than a wildly active imagination and the ability to form that imagination into written stories.
 
 
 

5 comments:

blueharvestcreative said...

What a lovely interview! Be sure to enter this contest. This is an amazing book and the best fantasy dragon book I have ever read.

Emerald Barnes said...

Great post! Looking forward to reading the book! Thanks!

Bethie said...

Thanks for the interview. Can't wait to read this.

Denise Z said...

I think it is absolutely wonderful you have such a supportive family behind you and your work. I loved the trailer and am looking forward to more. Thank you for sharing and for the treat of a giveaway opportunity.

Lisa Vazquezanzua said...

I haven't heard of this book before. But it sounds really good! Loved the interview. They are always fun to read and learn more about the authors. Thank you for the chance to win this great book!!