Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hidden Wings by Cameo Renae: Interview: Sizzling PR Tour Stop



Welcome Cameo.  It’s so great to have you back to visit. So, let’s find out more about you, okay?  Tell us about your current release.

Hidden Wings is a story that is full of mystery and suspense. It’s a story of a girl who has no clue of what she truly is, and has been living a lie her whole life. But, things start to rapidly change as she starts reaching her 18th birthday. She quickly finds herself fighting for her life, and the life of those around her. It’s really been an awesome experience creating these new characters and new world. I’ve literally fallen in love with them, and hope the readers will enjoy it as much as I do.   

What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?

My husband is awesome and is definitely my greatest fan. He’s pushed me to strive for my dreams and helps keep things comfortable when it’s writing time.

Does your significant other read your stuff?
Nope. He actually started to read my first book, and then stopped. We work awesomely together on many projects, but he decided that he didn’t want to add his input into my writing and wanted to remain a silent partner. LOL He told me that this is mine. But, I do ask him for opinions when I need them, and he always offers great advice.


What was one of the most surprising things you learned while writing your books?

I’ve learned that my inner muse is really dark and totally opposite of what I’m really like. I never thought I’d write things with horror or death, but it seems like that’s what comes out into my stories. It’s shocking. Even my mom had to take a break from reading my first story. LOL  

Plotter or Pantser? Why?

Definitely a Pantser! I don’t plot because everything I do plot gets changed. My characters dictate the scenes and what happens next, so I’ve learned to just take them as they come and enjoy the ride. Most times…I’m completely surprised at how it turns out. It’s been a wild and crazy ride.


Are the names of the characters in your novels important?  How and why? 

Oh, yes! I think names are a very vital part of a novel. A name is something that people will remember, or not remember. Like many believe, your name is your destiny, so I do research on most of my character’s names and make sure that they define their character.


Seventeen is a life changing age for Emma Wise.
As her family's sole survivor in a car crash, she is left with a broken arm and a few scrapes and bruises. But these are only outward marks; inside, her heart is broken and the pieces scattered.

Whisked away to Alaska, to an aunt she’s never met, Emma starts over. Secrets unveil themselves and now…she doesn't even know who or what she is.

A centuries old prophecy places Emma in the heart of danger. Creatures of horrifying and evil proportions are after her, and it will take Emma, her aunt, and six, gorgeously captivating Guardians to keep her safe. But, if she can survive until her eighteenth birthday... things will change


Kindle  |  Goodreads   


I love reading great books that whisk me away from reality, even if for a little while. :)

I love a great love story, anything paranormal, supernatural, magical, things with vampires, angels, mysteries, thrilling, suspenseful, and fantasy (yes...unicorns, elves, and dragons :))

I recently released my debut novel, In My Dreams, and am thrilled at how well it is doing! Writing is an escape, and I enjoy every minute of it. I hope you'll join me in one of my adventures!

We'll see what the future holds. Until then... :) HAPPY READING!


Goodreads  |  Website   |  Twitter  |  Facebook


No comments: