Monday, January 7, 2013

Chasing The Witch by Jessica Gibson: Review


Chasing the Witch

After the events of Mark of the Witch, Jilly at last begins to breathe easier though her powers are still growing. But can she harness them in time to confront a new chain of events that threatens to change everything?

Caroline has finally accepted her life as a witch, but when a stranger comes into her life she's forced to question her family loyalty.

The sisters are thrown together to protect a young girl from the enemy determined to hunt her down. Can they save her -- and themselves?

Purchase on Kindle / Barnes & Noble

Follow on Facebook / Twitter / Goodreads / Literary Addicts

3.5  STARS 

(Good book, quite enjoyable)

This book held my interest well, and I kept reading because I was eager to discover what would happen next.  I loved the story; the sense of place was conveyed superbly.  I felt as if I were there with the group, living the moments along with them.  I had no problem really picking up the story and understanding the circumstances and events as they unfolded even though I, unfortunately, have not read the first book in this series. While I empathized with the plight of the main characters in this adventure, and felt each was pretty-well fleshed, I do think the conversations often felt overly formal – even taking into consideration that some of the folks have been around for a long, long while.  It seemed to me that sometimes the conversations tended to end awkwardly, too. The story arc completes satisfactorily in this book, however, the ending left me hanging. This seems to have become almost the norm, so it was not much of a surprise here. Normally, my preference is to wait until the series is finished then read all the books in order. I admit, I am an inpatient reader. There are plenty of opportunities for story branch-out and further development in the next installment. The characters are evolving and their powers are increasing. It will be fun to see where the author takes us next.  I think the overall story concept and progression is creative, and I love the imagination that went into writing this tale.   

This book was provided to me by the author in return for my honest review.

Reviewed by Laurie-J



Follow the Tour

No comments: