Friday, December 14, 2012

Secrets by Liz Schulte: Interview: Orangeberry Tour Stop


Welcome!  Thanks so much for stopping by! Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.

 Mystery, romance, and a man so bad you’ll beg for more.

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?

I have several projects coming up. My next book, since the Guardian Trilogy is completed, will be the start of a new series (that is connected to the Guardian Trilogy—same world) called Easy Bake Coven. It should be released by the end of this month. It is a story about witches and elves—I assure you these elves have never worked for Santa.

What inspired you to want to become a writer?

 Honestly, it was my mother. I always enjoyed writing and storytelling, but I never thought that I could be a writer. My mom kept after me and pushing me to at least try it and finally I did. Now I don’t think I could stop.

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.

Talking to my readers has definitely been the most rewarding. I have had conversations about the themes and plot points, about religion and afterlife, and really anything you can think of. To know that people get that into what you have written is a wonderful feeling.
What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?

The first draft is never the draft you publish. Worry less about find the perfect words and more about finishing the story. There is plenty of time to nitpick in the second and third and fourth drafts.

If you could be one of the Greek Gods, which would it be and why?

Athena. I have always really liked her. She was smart and just and courageous which are characteristics I like in people and ones I try to give the heroines in my novels.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

I would love to live in England for a while and in Tuscany. I have visited both and absolutely adored them.

What is your favorite Quote?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies. Hamlet, William Shakespeare

When you were little, what did you want to be when you “grew up”?

A supreme court judge

What’s the craziest writing idea you’ve had?

I want to write a zombie book set in the 1920’s told from the zombie’s point of view.

Buy Now @ Amazon & Smashwords
Genre – Paranormal Romance
Rating – PG13

While Olivia Martin observed life through her camera, the Abyss gazed back at her. She discovers mysterious men follow her around, people close to her are dying, and her dreams are no longer her own as she falls head over heels for a perfect stranger. A chance encounter leads to an obsession that could destroy everything she has ever known or loved. Olivia is about to find out there is a lot she doesn’t know and sometimes what you don’t know can kill you.

Connect with Liz Schulte on Facebook & Twitter
Many authors claim to have known their calling from a young age. Liz Schulte, however, didn't always want to be an author. In fact, she had no clue. Liz wanted to be a veterinarian, then she wanted to be a lawyer, then she wanted to be a criminal profiler. In a valiant effort to keep from becoming Walter Mitty, Liz put pen to paper and began writing her first novel. It was at that moment she realized this is what she was meant to do. As a scribe she could be all of those things and so much more.

When Liz isn't writing or on social networks she is inflicting movie quotes and trivia on people, reading, traveling, and hanging out with friends and family. Liz is a Midwest girl through and through, though she would be perfectly happy never having to shovel her driveway again. She has a love for all things spooky, supernatural, and snarky. Her favorite authors range from Edgar Allen Poe to Joseph Heller to Jane Austen to Jim Butcher and everything in between.

Next Few Stops
15th December – Guest Post, Book Feature & Giveaway at Books Are Magic
16th December – Author Interview & Book Feature at Talisman Book Publishing
17th December – Guest Post at Vanna Smythe’s blog


No comments: