Friday, December 28, 2012

Blood Purple By Ashley Nemer : Character Interview: Sizzling PR Tour Stop



Today we have a special treat as the author interviews her Character, Haydar Khaled. 

Ashley: How are you doing today Haydar?

Haydar: I’ve been better; I just learned some disturbing news.

Ashley: Oh, do you care to share?

Haydar: No.

Ashley: Well, okay then. Why don’t you tell me about yourself some?

Haydar: What do you want to know? Everything in life tends to vanish when you are near me. So you should probably watch out, Driver Lady. You might disappear too.

Ashley: Oh I doubt that.

Haydar: Foolish, all humans are like that cocky and stupid. You don’t even control your own characters you think you can control your own fate?

Ashley: How do you know I don’t control my own characters?

Haydar: I would hope that if you controlled your own characters you would not have done to me everything that you have done. You don’t appear to be a cruel woman.

Ashley: You don’t know anything about me.

Haydar: That is where you are wrong Ms. Nemer, I know everything about you, and I know your deepest thoughts and scariest nightmares. I know what makes you tick. I could get you to quivery from inside your mind and you wouldn’t even know.

Ashley: Are you always this cocky?

Haydar: Yes.

Ashley: Haydar, you know we are doing an interview for your book series, right?

Haydar: You mean your book series.

Ashley: I mean our book series; you are a huge part of it.

Haydar: Not according to you, you are taking credit for what’s happened with my character when truth is you know I have taken over your mind.

Ashley: I think we are getting a bit off track

Haydar: What you don’t like people knowing that you cannot control what you type?

Ashley: Moving on, tell me about Sarah.

Haydar: Do.Not.Talk.About.Her (he says in a hissing tone, his fangs throbbing to bite her)

Ashley: Well she is my creation I can talk about her all I want.

Haydar: You might have named her but she is and always will be mine. You have no right to even bring her up.

Ashley: Maybe this was a mistake; I should have talked to Zayn.

Haydar: What you can’t hang with the big dogs Ms. Nemer? Is that imagination of yours getting away from itself again?

Ashley: I just don’t have time for your nonsense. I have an interview to do and you are making it very difficult for me to do my job.

Haydar: Your job is to write what we want you to write. I volunteered for this interview because those idiot niece and nephew of mine would mess it up.

Ashley: You really think you would be a better ruler? Look at how you are treating me, how can you expect your subjects to like you?

Haydar: That’s where you and my father have things all wrong, rulers don’t have to be liked; they have to be feared. You fear me Ms. Nemer, I smell it all over you. It’s a mixture of fear from what I might say to fearing that your creation might take over and make you look bad.

Ashley: Stay out of my head you really don’t know what you are talking about.

Haydar: Wrong again Ms. Nemer. Do you like how I say that, Ms. Nemer, the way the R rolls right off my lips, you like vampires don’t you? You want to be able to say that you’ve had one.

Ashley: I love writing and reading about them but that’s it. Stop trying to take my thoughts and twist them for your own good.

Haydar: I’ll stop when I’m ready to.

Ashley: Why don’t you tell me how you feel about the first book and the second one I’ve written?

Haydar: I think they are crap, you do not give me enough time, you cut my scenes short and you silence my voice. How can I take over the world when you only give me small glimpses of it? I need more!

Ashley: You realize I am giving you your own book in the future right?

Haydar: (scoffs) A short story, I heard your thought. Don’t I deserve more Ms. Nemer?

Ashley: You keep this attitude up with me, then no. I’ll cut that short story right out of the plans.

Haydar: You do that and I guarantee I’ll haunt your dreams….

Ashley: Yeah I think this is enough. I’ll see you later Haydar. I might keep you locked away for a few months so, better get comfortable.

Haydar: You wouldn’t dare….
Ashley: You know what I have planned for you so word to the wise…tread with caution….

Blood PurpLE
By Ashley Nemer

In a world we think we know, live other races entirely hidden from the mortal perspective. Creatures of legend, of fable and myth, their very history and nature have allowed them to walk side by side with humans since time immemorial. They are warriors, they are hunters, and they are Algula Vampire. And in their own midst, a battle is brewing for supremacy, for dominance, that can and will affect all around them. Old hatred never dies and vengeance is a fiery sword that cuts a bloody swath.




             Hamza walks into the room with his guard looking at Nikole’s still body lying on the table. “Is she dead?” he questions.
“No sir, she passed out while we were in the middle of the procedure. We were doing like you instructed and burning her body with the needles when she went unconscious.  We thought it best to come get you right away.”
Hamza looks over her body, placing his fingers to her neck and feeling only a small hint of life.  His lips curve up in excitement as he anticipates what is yet to come. “Good, leave us alone.” He starts to walk around the table staring at her naked and bloodied body.
The room emptied out while Hamza continued to circle the table. He tried to decide what to do with this dead weight prisoner. Leaning over her body, he backhanded her jaw, the cracking of her bones deafening in the silence of the room. He heard her moan in agony while she slowly came to consciousness.
“Nikole, I think it would be best if you just gave me what I asked of you.  As soon as you tell me what we want to know this pain will all stop.” Taking his knife from the sheath on his belt, he placed the cold blade to her cheek. “I will cut your pretty little face apart.  Don’t think I won’t.”  Taking the tip of the blade he breaks the skin at the top of her left cheek and slowly cut lines into her face.  Droplets of blood ran down her cheek staining her flesh as he slashed her face.  Nikole’s voice is gone from all the screaming she has done and all she can do is heave a cry.  Her eyes are still forced open, not even tears can form since she can’t blink.  “Come on little Princess, just tell me where Zayn is so I can kill him. I promise this will all stop.” 


Ashley is married and lives in Houston with her husband Tony. They have two dogs named Toto and Doogie. They have been together for almost 8 years and he brings her more joy than she could ever imagine as a child. She loves to read and has been hooked on the romance genre ever since her lifelong best friend Laura gave her "Ashes to Ashes' by Tami Hoag to read when they were younger. 


Ashley finds her strength through her family, especially her parents. They always support her in life and they push her to strive for greatness. There once was a motto that Ashley heard in her youth through her Taekwondo life 'Reach for the Stars' and that is what Ashley has always done. It was through her upbringing that the values Ashley has and display's came from. With her Parents always cheering her on in life she was able to grow up having faith in herself and her ability to conquer the world. 


Anonymous said...

Love the interview!

Looking forward to reading this book.

Deb T

Denise Gardner said...

Awesome interview. Haydar is definitely a love/hate character. Thank you for sharing.

Ashley Nemer said...

I am so glad you two ladies loved the interview. It was quite interesting to host. When I tell you Haydar was speaking to me...he really was. He would not silence himself while I was writing Blood Yellow. He has a HUGE role in the 2nd book and I just started writing his first scene in the 3rd and I have a feeling he is about to get very angry with me. I'm worried he's about to take over my dreams, lol. I'd love to hear feedback when you read the Blood Series so stop by my facebook, twitter or my website and let me know your thoughts. Thanks ladies!