Sunday, November 4, 2012

Verliege by Micheal Rivers: Character Interview


The world of Adrian Bolt shattered as his wife lay butchered on the floor of Castle Verliege. His conviction by a German court was as swift as the sword that killed her. He maintained his silence knowing his story would not be believed. Though his reputation was impeccable there was nobody willing to stand for him.

Another world lay in wait for anyone living within the walls of the castle; waiting, watching, for eternity to keep the Mueller name upon its registers. There is only one world here for those who choose to stay. To enter its an invitation into the unknown!

Amazon  |  CreateSpace


Welcome to the character of Edmund Mueller who is
the ghost of the original owner of the castle.
He is also the one who holds the secrets of what is to be.

LAURIE: Please tell us who you are and a little about yourself.

EDMUND: I am Edmund Mueller, ruler and master of Castle Verliege of Germany. In the early 1600’s I built my castle among a savage people needing discipline yet unprovided to them through the centuries. I fought their armies and defeated them as if it were child’s play. My secrets are held within the walls of the castle. If kings and other leaders of Germany had known my true identity I would have been beheaded long before my treacherous death at another’s hands.


LAURIE: Where is Castle Verlige?

EDMUND: Castle Verliege is the heart of Germany. This is a point many will disagree with, but as master of the castle it is the way I see it. The town itself is named from the castle. The Holtemme River lies to the west and Castle Verliege is the center piece of a valley in the Harz Mountains.


LAURIE: Tell us about your family.

EDMUND: My family, an abomination living or dead. The degree of deceit oozing from their crippled minds would astound the stoutest of men. They thirst for power and feel everyone should bow to them. My daughter lived for the taste of cruelty, while one lived to quench his thirst for the lust of women. The others are a cess pool of combining their twisted talents to deceive everyone about them. Debauchery is a way of life for these baboons. The pity of it all was I never took their heads when I knew what they were.

LAURIE: What is the connection between you and Micheal Rivers?

EDMUND: Rivers, yes, if it were not for him I would have not been able to gather what was needed for the prophecy to be fulfilled. He was the instrument I used to write the story of Verliege and give the world a message of what will come. Read his words and heed them well. I regard him as a favored son.

LAURIE: How do you see the future now part of your story has been told?

EDMUND: It is as you said. It is only part of the story. Many things have happened he has not told of as yet. The things to come shall change the world for the better as my plans take shape to rid us of the evil we know and still do not understand. It is the secret of the nine.

LAURIE: Who is the real Edmund Mueller?

EDMUND: I am not what stands before you for your eyes to witness. Centuries old secrets were mine to be kept even when my heart beat strong within my chest. I have seen the best and the worst of mankind through their leaders as well as the peasants who toiled the fields. I have never told an untruth nor do I validate those who choose to deceive others with their vile manners. How do others see me? If you are an honest man you have no doubts of me. If you are deceitful and treasure gaining from the misfortune of the virtuous I am as wicked and cunning as the fox in the field.

LAURIE: The people whom you ruled saw you as a tyrant and a cruel master. What is your response to this?

EDMUND: It matters not what they see, but who I am. This is the nature of the balance. I am the wind that flows through the trees. I am the sun shining warmly upon your face. The fish that swim know my voice as well as the bird who sings in the meadow. I am all and nothing; I am the peace within you and all things good. I will bless you with what God has rendered and destroy my enemies with a bloody sword to protect what is given as what should be. I am the wraith of mankind. Before my demise kings were counseled by me and others like me, our words never questioned. Forgive me I must go now. There is much to be done and the future waits for no-one.

LAURIE: Where will you take us on your journey forward and what would you say to those who do not believe?

EDMUND: For this you must wait. It will be a promise of life to the just and death for the unjust. My justice will be swift. Gather your children for I will be coming soon and those who bear witness shall be the better for it. There will be an awakening of the spirit and eternal sleep for those who defy me. The sword of Edmund will not be denied.



Micheal, an American author, was born in Ahoskie, North Carolina in 1953. He served his country during the Vietnam War in the USMC. Later, his travels provided over thirty years of investigating and collecting stories of the paranormal. His genres include horror and thriller with an element of paranormal in all of his novels. The Smokey Mountain Ghost Trackers of Western North Carolina was founded by him and he is the lead investigator. Micheal currently resides in the mountains of North Carolina along with the love of his life and his Boxer he fondly calls Dee Dee.

"Appalachia Mountain Folklore" due to be released Fall 2012 by Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
"Verliege" released March 2012

"The Black Witch" and "Moonlight on the Nantahala" sold by Amazon Digital Services

"Ghosts of the North Carolina Shores" published by Schiffer Publishing, Ltd. in 2010

Visit his website

Enter for a chance to win a digital copy of Verliege.
Comment on this post for a bonus entry.
Giveaway ends November 24th 11:59 PM Central Time.


Sally Goodall said...

Thank you for the chance to win a copy of your book xx :)

Ann Swann said...

That's a cool character interview!

Lynn Hallbrooks said...

This is a great Character Interview. I already have a digital copy of Verliege and one day I may be brave enough to read it.

adrienne warren said...

yaaa creepy castles and evil deads yummy I'm all set for the holidays