Friday, November 2, 2012

As I Close my Eyes by Sarah Dicello: Interview: Bewitching Tour Stop


As I Close My Eyes
Book #1
genre: historical YA with a time travel twist
Publisher: Taylor Street Books
Book Description:

You know you are alive, but what if you are dead?

Danielle Grayson is a beautiful, intelligent young woman in present-day Georgia, but when she closes her eyes, she becomes someone else in a different time, one hundred years earlier in fact.

Danielle's other life is as entrancing and romantic as her current one, and the contrast between the lifestyles is intriguing and enlightening (they didn't have iPods in 19th century USA, apparently), but what starts out as being dreamlike soon becomes real and strangely familiar.

Worse, whatever happens to her as Danielle seems to change the past, if it is a true past.

And when she finds she is not alone in being able to flip between the two worlds, life, love and death become really disturbing.
Available from - here
Available from Kindle - here 
Welcome Sarah!  Thanks for taking the tme to answer a few of my questions.  It's a pleasure to get this opportunity to find out a little about you. Who should play you in a film of your life?
I don’t think Kate Middleton would ever play me but many people have told me I look like her. People stop me in the grocery store and while I’m walking my dogs. It just happened to me the other night when I went to a formal event for work. I take it as a huge compliment. 
Tell us about the absolute BEST fan letter you have received.
My favorite fan letter was actually from a reviewer. She told me that my main characters, Dani and Ben, were her new favorite couple and that I’m her new favorite author. She read the book in a day and couldn’t put it down. I received a 5-star review from her in early October and she said she couldn’t wait till Christmas for the sequel so I’m sending her an advanced review soon.  
What one word best describes you?
Why should we read your book?
Because the plot is very original and makes you wonder how the people you love got there in the first place. As I Close My Eyes dares the reader to question past lives and the relationships we hold most dear. 
What future projects are you considering?
Well, it’s beyond consideration now because I’m almost finished with the sequel to As I Close My Eyes. It’ll come out this Christmas.  
Do you have critique partners or beta readers?
I have a really good friend who’s also an author. We critique each other’s work before we send our manuscripts over to our publishers. And we’re very hard on each other. We’ve been friends since college and I think because we both chased the same dream we want each other to succeed. It worked out well for us because a week after she got a publishing contract I got mine. She is invaluable to me and I think we’ll be doing this for a very long time. We both have these big careers outside of our real passion for writing and would love to eventually make a living as full time authors. 
Do you hear from your readers? What kinds of questions do they ask?
I hear from my fans all the time, especially on my Facebook author page. The biggest question I get is “When does the next book come out?” The other thing readers want to know is why my main character, Dani, is having the dreams in the first place. In As I Close My Eyes, Dani has a boating accident and is thrust into an unconscious state where she travels back to Victorian Cape May. As the book progresses Dani’s dreams become more frequent while she searches for answers as to why the people in her present-day life look and act like people in her dreams.  
One last question....   :)  What are you passionate about these days?
Writing my second novel. I’m putting a lot of pressure on myself to make the second book better than the first and so far, I think I’m pulling it off. I hope my fans love it as much as they liked As I Close My Eyes.


Sarah DiCello is new to Taylor Street.
She writes fantasy / romance.
She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband, two daughters, and two dogs. She graduated from Shippensburg University with a degree in Communications/Journalism.
This is her first novel. Look for the sequel to "As I Close My Eyes" Christmas 2012.

Next few stops:

November 2 Interview

Laurie's Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews

November 3 Promo and review

Michelle @ Mom With A Kindle

November 4 Review

Amber's Supernatural & YA Reviews

Bewitching Banner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

burberry sale burberry sale burberry sale [url=]burberry sale[/url]