Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Man of My Dreams by Gladys Quintal: Interview & Excerpt


Ever since the death of her parents at the age of 17, Cassie has been dreaming about a dark haired man. He always comes to her in times of trouble to comfort her and help her through the toughest of days. But now after the devastating break up with her boyfriend, Cassie struggles with separating reality from her dreams.

During a trip to her family beach house, her dream man becomes her lover and Cassie finds herself longing for this man to be in her life. But trying to find out the truth about him leaves her questioning her very existence and sanity.

She is convinced her dream man is real and connected to a string of macabre murders over the last 20 years. Fearing for her life, Cassie prays she is right about him and that he can save her before it is too late.

NOTE FROM AUTHOR: This book mentionsa case of sexual abuse, attempted rapes and horrific murders.

Buy Links:



He'd been roaming these same streets now for more than 20 years. It only seemed logical that at some point the evil would be purged. But as soon as he got rid of one monstrous human another was not far behind. So he wandered and listened intently for the cries of another innocent victim. This stupid curse only allowed him to be seen in human form through a mortal’s subconscious. This made things even more complicated. When victims were fully awake and alert, they saw him as he truly was. This petrified them more than the human monsters he was rescuing them from. Surely tonight, just like any other night, someone would need him. He listened and waited, hoping it would not be too long. He was getting very hungry.

Welcome Gladys!  Thanks for taking time out to answer a few question.  I'm excited to find out a little about you.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a nurse and a writer - I got it half right! If I could go back in time now, I would go to medical school and study to become a doctor (while still writing books, of course!)


Do you have any suggestions for beginning writers? If so, what are they?


 The best advice I could give is to get your book edited before you publish it and don't take too much notice of your own reviews. I am trying really hard to take my own advice on the reveiw thing!


 How do you react to a bad review of your book?


 I would be lying if I said it didn't affect me, but it doesn't hurt as much as it used to. My first bad review, I was utterly heartbroken and couldn't believe that after putting my heart and soul into my book that someone could not like it! But after a while when I let it settle in, it found it was actually constructive criticism and something I could learn from. Not all bad reviews are constructive though, some I am still totally confused over.


 Are the names of the characters in your novels important? How and why?


 The majority of my characters are based on real people. Nana, Hayley and Moyra are all good friends of mine. Chloe (the young vamp that turns Alexi) is my daughter Emma and I used a photo of my daughter for the cover of my second book. Cassie is based on myself and a lot of things that happen to her, have happened to me. As the stories progress into the sequels, she gets less and less like me though. Alexi was inspired by Alex O'Loughlin's character of Mick St John in Moonlight and Dexter - kind of a hybrid vampire/serial killer.


 What are your hero and heroine of the story like?


 My hero, Alexi, is a vigilante vampire that kills bad men. He needs blood to survive and has found a way to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. He tries to only feed on the blood of evil men and then doesn't feel so much like a monster.


Cassie is orphaned at 17 and then decides to become a nurse. She is in a bit of a one-sided relationship which she doesn't see until it ends abruptly. Since the death of her parents, she has been dreaming about a dark haired man and she yearns to find out if he is real or just a figment of her imagination.


 If you could exchange lives with any of your characters for a day which character would you choose and why?


 I know of a few 'bad men' that could do with exterminating....



I love everything Paranormal, especially Vampires and after seeing the TV show Moonlight, I was inspired to write my first novel "The Man of my Dreams." I am a big fan of Alex O'loughlin who was the lead on Moonlight and also love the concept behind Dexter, so my hero is kind of Mick St John meets Dexter!
I am now a stay at home mum of 4 but write every chance I get, whenever the kids let me! My passion is and always has been writing. These characters are very close to my heart and I hope you will come to love them as much as I have.

Social Links:
Amazon Facebook  |  Goodreads  |  Twitter  |  Blog


Enter for a chance to win a Print copy of The Man of My Dreams.
International Shipping is OK.
Comment on this post for a bonus entry.
Follow the author on Twitter for another bonus entry. 



Goldenmane said...

Sounds like an interesting book. I'd love to read it.

angela said...

looks and sounds like an interesting book.thank for the chance to win

Anonymous said...

wonderful gift

MommyIves said...

Thanks for the review, this book sounds great! I am just starting to read more books in this genre and blogs like yours make it easy for me to find new awesome reads!

Follow me back on Twitter @MommyIves

sully6189 said...

Sounds great!

Karen Arrowood said...

A dream man that turns out to be real? What's not to like? I look forward to reading this book! Thanks for the opportunity.

nurmawati djuhawan said...

wow !!! i hope i win THE CHOSEN ONE..
the man on the cover is really hot :D
thx u for the giveaway...

Anonymous said...

thanks for the chance to win

Irene E. Jensen said...

This sounds interesting! MY fingers are crossed that I'll be the lucky one to win this book :)

Natasha said...

Thanks for the chance to win!

kaya said...

Why don't beautiful men of MY dreams come true?! xD
Well, I'll keep dreaming :P
Thanks for the awesome giveaway! ^_^

Star S said...

Thanks for the giveaway....can't wait to read this book!

daniel thornton said...

sounds like a good book.


Anonymous said...

I've read this book and absolutely fell in love with the story and the characters! If you don't win a free copy, purchase one, you'll be glad you did!