Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Tudor Revival: Calum's Curse, Ultima Bellum by Sky Purington : Interview & Excerpt

 







Calum’s Curse: Ultima Bellum
Book 3
By Sky Purington

Genre Paranormal Romance
ASIN:  B008HAIU3O
Number of pages: 228
Word Coun 78 K
Book Description:
Is it true love... or is this dark need part of the Tudor's Revival?
A man stuck between worlds.
Ghost hunter and dare-devil, Seth, is flung into the afterlife. His one draw to reality? Alana. He died. She lived. But he can't let go. There is something more than friendship between them and he won't say goodbye.
A woman drawn to the past.
The last thing Alana expects to encounter when she inherits her grandmom's Tudor Revival is the spirit of her deceased best friend and crush, Seth. But everything is not what it appears to be. He is determined to live again. When his investigative team, The Worldwide Paranormal Society shows up at her door, Alana soon learns that she's in for a wild ride.
Calum's curse visits one more house. Things get hotter and more paranormal than ever before. Love, as always, struggles to overcome the odds. Time is limited though and the creature set to destroy Seth and Alana is the most cunning of all.
Will Alana and Seth face humankind's worst fear and survive? Find out in The Tudor Revival.
 
 
 

 
Seth crossed his arms over his chest. “Are you mad at me about something?”
Alana studied his face for a moment before she said, “I suppose I am.”
“What?”
“Are you serious?”
He nodded. “Obviously.”
Crossing her arms over her chest, she said, “You died then you haunted me.” She nodded toward the house. “Then you brought all this with you.”
“Ah.” She still maintained that feistiness he enjoyed. Seth grinned. “Yeah, sorry about all that.” 
Alana frowned. “You’re not sorry in the least.”
“Nope.”
“Then why say that you are?”
“I don’t know. To see you get fired up?”
She inhaled deeply through her nostrils. “I would’ve thought that death would’ve had more of an effect on you, Seth.” Alana pushed away from the rock and walked toward the house.
“What do you mean by that?” He walked after her. “And wouldn’t you rather death didn’t change me?”
Alana stopped so quickly that he nearly walked into her. Face red with anger she pointed a finger at his chest and said, “You needed some adjustments!”
Something about the fire in her eyes and the liquid heat of her tone set off his anger as well. Hell yeah, he needed some adjustments and knew right where to start. Before she knew what hit her, Seth pulled her into his arms.
And made his first adjustment.




*Thanks for having me over Laurie! I loved the wide variety of questions you offered and picked 6 of 8 that I’ve never answered before. J* 

Welcome, Sky! I'm thrilled you are here, and I am happy for this opportunity to find out more about you.  Where do you research for your books?

Well, back in the old days (5 years ago. LOL) I used not only the net but tromped to many local libraries. Then again, I was plotting out novels that had a setting a few towns over so needed to make sure I was hittin’ the nail on the head research-wise when it came to the 18th century. Nowadays, all my research is done online. There’s such a vast amount of knowledge ‘out there.’ 

What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?

Those first few years when, quite frankly, I wasn’t selling enough to pay the electric bill, he wasn’t all that thrilled. It was hard for him to watch me get so frustrated. He always admired and respected my perseverance and drive. Now that I’m a more established author, I know he’s proud of and happy for me.  

Does your significant other read your stuff?

Yep! He enjoys my paranormal work. In addition, he’s a huge fantasy fiction fan and many of my novels have a strong fantasy element.  

What was one of the most surprising things you learned while writing your books?

Great question! I would have to say it was what I found out when writing my MacLomain Series. Those novels required a great deal of research (2 months worth) and part of that research included going to the Highland Games here in New Hampshire. New England hosts a long lineage of Scots so it’s always a grand affair. Anyways, it was at those games that I learned more about both my clan and my husbands. Turns out our clans (MacLomains and Brouns) were septs. In fact they’d been intermarried for three hundred years during the medieval period. Pretty cool considering his clan (MacLomains) were Highlanders and mine (Brouns) were lowlanders. This information definitely added to the whole romantic element of the series.  

What do you think makes a good story?

Conflict, mystery, adventure, passion, history, time-travel and a good dose of drama. *grins*. I enjoy engaging dialogue and good imagery. Give me a flawed character any day of the week but be sure to show character growth. 

Do you use a pen name? If so, how did you come up with it?

Yes I do! Sky would’ve been my daughter’s name and Purington is a family name. My great-grandma Purington was a master story teller so it seemed natural to adopt it as part of my pen name.   

How do you develop your plots and your characters? Do you use any set formula?

I’m one of those writers who give my characters a lot of free reign and because of that they tend to develop the plot all on their own. It amazes me time and time again that no matter how much I pre-plan the way I want a story to go, their unique personalities take the novel in an unintended direction. Thankfully, they’re strong enough to pull it off. Or at least they think they are. *winks*

What are you passionate about these days?

Not surprisingly, my latest passion lies in paranormal investigating. I remember when I first starting talking about going on a Bewitching Book Tour my husband asked me, “Do you really want to share stories about your paranormal experiences in our house? Do you think people will take you seriously?” I responded, “Hun, my Calum’s Curse Trilogy was based on the premise of all the paranormal experiences I’ve had. People will believe it or not. Either way, these things happened. Besides, it makes for interesting reading.”
So, in the process of writing this series I started dabbling more in investigating and would love to join up with some of the local investigative teams. There’s no money in it, just simple passion. J


 

Best-selling author, Sky Purington lives in southern New Hampshire with her son and husband. The written word has been her obsession from the very beginning. Purington writes time-travel paranormal/fantasy romance heavily influenced by history. 
From Irish Druids to Scottish Highlanders many of her novels possess strong Celtic elements. More recently, her vampire stories take the reader to medieval England and ancient Italy
Enjoy strictly paranormal romance? Sky's latest novels follow three haunted houses in New England and the sexy ghost hunters determined to make sense of them. Make no mistake, in each and every tale told you'll travel back to another time and revisit the romanticism history holds at its heart. 
Sky loves to hear from readers and can be contacted at Sky@SkyPurington.com Interested in keeping up with Sky's latest news and releases? Visit Sky's Website, www.skypurington.com  to download her FREE App on iTunes and Android.


Website  |  A Writer's Mind Blog  |  Sky's Paranormal Blog  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Goodreads 
 
 
 
 

September 14 Review
WTF Are You Reading?
 

September 15 Interview
Laurie's Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews
 

September 17 Promo
Mila Ramos, Paranormal & Contemporary Romance
 

September 19 Promo
Black Hippie Chick's Take on Books & The World
 

September 21 Guest blog

 
September 21 Review
Shelley Munro

 
 

 
Enter for a chance to win a digital copy of
The Tudor Revival: Calum's Curse, Ultima Bellum
Comment on this post for a bonus entry.
Follow the author on Twitter for another bonus entry.
Giveaway ends October 6th 11:59 PM Central Time.
 


 

Bewitching Book Tours
 



4 comments:

Sky Purington said...

Thanks for the feature! :-)

Carmen Lebron said...

I follow you by GFC and Linksy

D Mason said...

Sounds great!

Sharon Extine said...

Excerpt was great. Would LOVE to win a copy!!