Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fairyproof by Constance Phillips: Interview & Excerpt


 


 
 

 



Fairyproof
By Constance Phillips
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Crescent Moon Press
Date of Publication:  September 4, 2012
ISBN: 978-1-937254-75-9
Number of pages: 262
Word Count: 85,000
Cover Artist: Taria Reed

 

Book Description:
When Monique finds out her brother, Kieran, is planning her future with the one fairy she wants nothing to do with, she seeks refuge in the human world. Now Kieran fears she will be the next victim in a string of murdered fairies and is determined to bring her home.
 
Hiding should be a breeze. She can control any human with a flirtatious smile and an attraction spell. Until she meets Daniel Elliot, the only human who's immune to both.
 
A year ago, Daniel's fiancée disappeared with the engagement ring, an Elliot family heirloom. He's ready to move forward with his life, but his mother's obsession with retrieving the ring makes that impossible. Then Monique walks into his office to apply for a job.
Daniel and Monique can't deny their attraction, but will the reason he's Fairyproof be too much to overcome?

 

 

First, let me say a huge thank you to Laurie for having me on the blog today! I’m so happy to be here to talk a bit about my wiritng and my wiritng style.
 

And, let me say how thrilled I am to host you!  I appreciate your taking time out to stop by and let us find out a little more about you.  So let's start with a question that always interests me, especially since I don't think I could write a novel regardless of how I approached it.  lol 
Plotter or Pantser? Why?

In some ways, I’m a hybrid, but mostly a pantster. My story ideas usually come to me in the form of a scenario (what would happen if a fairy who was dependent on her ability to control other humans met a man who was immune to her power) or a character (like with a contemporary I’m working on).

Once I have that beginning scenario in my mind, I decide what the ending is. My writing time isn’t productive if I don’t know what I’m writing to.  I also try to make a list of three turning points that act as signposts.
 
As to why, I believe it’s just my process. Some writers are plotters and some are pantsters. If you honor the process that works for you, you can’t go wrong.

Do you have critique partners or beta readers?

Yes, I have and value both. My books wouldn’t be what they are without the input of my critique partner and my beta readers.


What was one of the most surprising things you learned while writing your books?

Being a pantster, I run into surprises all the time. With Fairyproof, I suspected a different reason than what ended up on the page as to why Daniel was immune to fairy power. When it came time to write that scene, what I originally planned just flew out the window, and what is currently in the book is what was pounded out on my keyboard.

Tell us about your current release.

Fairyproof is about Monique – a fairy who is running from the fairy world to avoid a marriage her brother is encouraging with a fairy she doesn’t love and holds suspect. She is trying to blend in on the human world and is getting by on her wiles and her powers, until she meets Daniel, the one man immune to both.

In my mind, it’s really about how, as individuals, we are more the same than we are different.


Tell us about your next release.

My next release from Crescent Moon Press will be Resurrecting Harry. Here is a blurb about the book:

Devastated by Harry Houdini's unexpected death, his widow, Bess, clings to his promise to deliver a coded message from beyond the grave.  She's determined to provide the bridge for him to cross, just like she assisted him on the stage, even if that means befriending her husband's sworn enemy.

 

In order to save the only woman he's ever loved from self-destruction, Harry puts his afterlife on the line by entering a wager with purgatory’s keeper, who gives Harry a younger face and body, and a new name: Erich Welch. Even with Harry's soul and memories, Erich feels out-of-place and disconnected from everything he once called his own.

 
Will Erich be able to help Bess recover from her loss and will any good come from resurrecting Harry? 
 
That's it from me for now!  Thanks again! It's been really fun chatting with you!  I wish you every success.
 
 

 

Constance Phillips lives in Ohio with her husband, two ready-to-leave-the-nest children, and four canine kids. Her perfect fantasy vacation would involve hunting Dracula across Europe with her daughter, who also digs that kind of stuff. When she's not writing about fairies, shifters, vamps, and guardian angels, she's working side-by-side with her husband in their hardwood flooring business.

Constance is actively involved in her local Romance Writers of America chapter (MVRWA) and the Southeast Michigan chapter of the United States Pony Club. When not writing or enjoying the outdoors, she loves reality television or can be found at a Rick Springfield concert (just look for the pink Converse high tops).

Constance blogs regularly at www.constancephillips.com. You can also follow her on Twitter or friend her on Facebook.

Important Links:
 
Blog  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Goodreads  |  Amazon
 
 

September 23 Interview
Laurie's Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews

 September 24 Promo and review
Cana w/ Place of Reads Book Blog

September 25 Interview and review
Books & Other Spells.

September 25 Promo and review
Keeping Up With The Rheinlander's

September 26 Interview

 

Tour Wide Giveaway

$25 Amazon Gift Card and one Fairy Door open to US Shipping

Fairy Door
 

a Rafflecopter giveaway
 
 
 
 

Bewitching Banner





5 comments:

Constance Phillips said...

Thank you, Laurie, for having me on the blog today!

PuttPutt1198Eve said...

It sounds like a murder mystery in the fairy world. Those are two of my favorite book genres!

Jen Haile said...

That fairy door is so cute!!! Thanks for the great giveaway!

Paranormal Dream Writer said...

Love the interview. Sometimes when I read author interviews something sticks with me about the writing process, and this was one of them. The story sounds very interesting. I have a fairy related story stuck in my head waiting for me to finish what I am currently writing. Thanks ladies!

Paranormal Dream Writer said...

I always forget to mention Paranormal Dream Writer is Felicia Starr Frame. Thanks