Friday, April 6, 2012

Propheticus: The Mangitori de Sangue by Emma Daley

This is a self published, sci-fi fantasy book set in an ancient universe. Four destined characters run into each other by chance and discover their pasts connect them in a prophecy to destroy some of the universes most gruesome creatures.
Background courtesy Niagra Art Collection/Space Fantasy

The mystery of Aniah's past begins to unravel when she meets a stranger in the desert outside her ranch on the planet Delucia. Strange things start to happen around the ranch and Aniah experiences horrible nightmares of a dark creature the longer this stranger stays and the more she begins to question her fathers disappearance years ago. This story takes you to other worlds and although the first novel offers a little more romance and mystery with some thriller, the other novels in the series have more action and adventure in them as the characters travel the universe and visit incredible worlds.

Goodreads  |   Amazon   |  Paperback

Sample from the book:

There is something frightening about the way a hateful, unknown creature looks back at you. The way its beady red eyes snarl at you, and it's cheek curls with a hiss to reveal the greedy canines beneath. It is one thing to dream of this beastly creature, and it is another to have it inches from your face, its warm ungodly breath on your cheek, and its pallid gray bones reaching to devour you. My name is Aniah, and once my world was safe. But like many others throughout the universe-and here on the planet Delucia-fate would have me meet with the Mangitori de Sangue; an ancient army of blood-lusting creatures who have been frightening and devouring the inhabitants of the universe for decades. My fate brings me deep into their world. In fact, it is written somewhere-and the stories have been told long before I was ever born-of a prophecy wherein a young woman with the heart and soul of an angel will lead the universe in a victory against the Mangitori de Sangue. I am that woman. I just have to stay alive long enough to figure out how.






How did you start your writing career?

I just started writing an outline about four years ago after my Mom and husband began encouraging me to write. Propheticus was a dream I had one dark Alaskan night and never forgot it, so I already had the story that I was going to write in my head.


Tell us about a favorite character from a book.

Oh, I have so many favorite characters. But I always seem to pick one or two that are not the main characters that intrigue me. I would have to say that is Jonahs, because he is a hot new interest that Aniah is going to have to resist, and not only that but he’s so interesting to me. He has so much potential because of who is he; he is this creature created by man who was never meant to feel and yet he does.


How do you describe your writing style?

I always loved poetry growing up. I wrote poems since I was 3, I couldn’t stop. So when I went to write a book, it was hard for me to get that flowing, descriptive style out of my system. I have been criticized for my over-the-top wording etc. But that is also what my fans have enjoyed about my writing. The first time I wrote book one in the Propheticus series, the whole thing had this like rhyming cadence to it; I had to edit it like crazy to get it to sound like a novel and not one big long poem.


Do you hear from your readers? What kinds of questions do they ask?

The biggest question I get asked from my readers is how I came up with it all, because it’s so out there and like nothing they have ever heard before. They’re blown away that someone can come up with such an original idea.


How do you develop your plots and your characters? Do you use any set formula?

Well, when I come up with an idea, it usually happens by asking myself what if? Then the idea for the story pops into my head. Once that happens I usually automatically imagine what type of person would be seen in this setting. For the complexities and the plot you have to decide what types of character surround this person and why? What is their purpose and how does this lead to conflict in the story. Then from there, after you imagine that, you have to get to the nitty gritty of these people; what makes them happy or sad, what they do in everyday life and how that could possibly effect the story.


When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?

For the type of dark fantastical writing that I do, the nighttime tends to be very inspiring. The darkness helps the imagination and I’m just not a morning person. Depending on if I have a deadline or not I will write anywhere from 1,000-5,000 words a night.


Tell us about your next release.

I am working on a high-class sci-fi thriller about Elana Detrix, a high society socialite and trend setter that goes under the knife in an experiment to alter human DNA and set a biological trend. Once her and her steamy love interest, Dr. Brian Cole discovers what they can do, they are desperate to keep it a secret. But, when everyone see’s what Elana Detrix has, they all want it! It’s a possible end-of-the-world novel, I guess you’ll have to read to see J.


Tell us about the absolute BEST fan letter you have received.

Um, It was just an e-mail and it said “you book is absolutely amazing!!!”. That’s all it takes for me.


How do you react to a bad review of your book?

The first time I got a bad review, I just ignored it-after crying my eyes out, JK. I ignored the second one as well, but the third I took action and posted it on my Facebook and asked fans to comment if they felt differently. It helped! My fans commented on the bad review and shared their disapproval and also pumped me up with some great reviews.


Use no more than two sentences. Why should we read your book?

I don’t think any other book takes you further away from this world than this book does. I personally like to escape to this world as much as possible.


Do you have a Website or Blog?

Yes it’s
www.propheticusthebook.blogspot.com and I do all kinds of contests and giveaways as well as tips on self-publishing. Also Propheticus the Book is on Facebook.



Emma Daley was eccentric; this was something her mother knew right from the start. At only the age of three, you could find her perched in the center of the dining table, a tape player in her lap, while the other kids gathered to listen to her recite her own creative version of her favorite tales like “Jack and The Bean Stalk” or “Peter Pan”.

As she grew up, she moved on to bigger and better things. With her older sister, Emma started dressing up the neighbor kids and auditioning for parts in Beauty and the beast, and Cinderella using mops and her mother’s make up for costumes.

Her imagination was fueled when she signed up for a high school Greek Mythology class. It was there in high school Mythology class that Emma found her dream. Her teacher recognized her talent, and encouraged her to pursue a career in the one thing that brought her imagination to life, writing. As a military wife and with life’s fast pace and strenuous demands, it wasn’t until she was 26 that she finally decided to pursue those long forgotten dreams. She started her very first novel in November of 2008, which was released in December of 2010 and is working on the 2nd and 3rd sequels, with several other book ideas on the shelf waiting to be put into words.

The story of Propheticus has enchanted her family, friends, and even her husband. It is a magical story with a strong good versus evil theme about some of the universes most gruesome creatures, whose growth in an ancient universe threatens the very existence of all mankind. Character growth and enlightenment make it relatable and romance and adventure tie this novel together in a captivating story that enthralls both the young and the old.


Goodreads  |  Blog  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Pinterest






a Rafflecopter giveaway



3 comments:

Jaime said...

I enjoy paranormal fiction because the possibilities are endless, and because they always have a sinister undertone.

Suz said...

I like paranormal fiction because it's usually a creative, original story with unique characters - shapeshifters, werewolves, etc.!

Suz said...

I am Suz Reads in Rafflecopter! Thanks!