Monday, April 2, 2012

The Heart Gem by Isabella Macotte: Interview & Excerpt

retrieve the stolen Heart Gem, an Artifact of Love, he can use it to prove their match. The surface of the Gem reflects the essence of a couple's future life, but the risks are great. More importantly, will Hallie realize true love doesn't need proof?

Wild Rose Press   |  Kindle  |  Paperback  |   Goodreads

Hallie stepped over to the small desk. “Please wait. I’ll get the monies owed from the payment made at the Dockhouse.”
“No.” Bremen answered.
“Partake of a glass of wine with me instead.”
Surprised, she looked to the man’s face and paused. Those dark eyes seemed almost hypnotic, and a sudden vision came to mind of looking into those eyes right before his lips moved in closer and closer, toward her mouth. She forced herself to look away.
He held out a hand. “Just a glass of wine? Perhaps we can pretend to have just been introduced under less dramatic circumstances?”
“I think not. However I’m grateful for your assistance.” She held out the coin.
“I never accept money from a lady.”
“Do you make a lady feel obligated then? That’s your preference?”
“I’d hope the lady would forgive me for my churlish behavior by allowing a contrite man to make amends.”
Was he mocking her?
“One glass of wine. Please.” He seemed to notice the hesitation. “On the Wrightsville Inn’s front porch in full view of all.” His face softened. “With a repentant gentleman.” He held out a hand. “I’m Bremen Tyler. The apologetic Bremen Tyler who wishes to make restitution to a lady offended with loutish behavior.”
“Again, I must decline the offer.”
He paused for a moment. “Are you afraid?”
“Afraid? Of you? I most certainly am not.”
“Sit with me then. You can berate me for my temper, comment on my lack of good manners, and insult me for my lack of wholesome attributes. I put myself in your hands for as long as you wish to partake of my poor company.”
Being the one in control was intriguing. After having spent the past hour feeling foolish and taking directions, she found these pleas for forgiveness and companionship quite appealing.

I’m so happy to welcome Isabella Macotti to my blog today. 

Thanks so much for hosting me on your blog, Laurie. I love to connect with readers and writers.

Tell us about a favorite book.

I can’t think of any one particular book but do love a good romance. A story with memorable characters, great chemistry, and an interesting setting is so much fun to read.

A romance novel sweeps the reader away to another world, through the eyes of the hero and heroine. We love the bumpy ride through their conflicts and complications all the way to a wonderful happily-ever-after ending. That’s what I like to read. That’s what I’ve written in The Heart Gem.

Where do you dream of traveling to?

Historical romances are a favorite so my first pick would have to be somewhere with castles and lush green landscapes. How great would it be to walk on the wind-swept moors and sleep in a bedroom in a pastoral estate house? A dream vacation would probably be to the English or Scottish countryside. Maybe one day…

Tell us about a favorite character from a book.

Hallie Pinefoy from The Heart Gem is a favorite character of mine. Raised in Victorian England, she defies the conventions of the era and interns as a doll maker with her suffragette aunt.

Hallie is independent, feisty, and believes marriage holds no place in her life. Her plans are set.

Until she meets charming Bremen Tyler who has plans of his own.

Tell us about your current release.

The Heart Gem is my current release. A historical romance novel set in England, the story incorporates paranormal elements, a heroine who plans to be a businesswoman, and a sexy hero who needs to wed to leave the Fae world behind.

Who are your books published with?

The Heart Gem is published with The Wild Rose Press. You can find it, and other wonderful romance novels, on their website at

If you were to write a series of novels, what would it be about?

I’m working on a series entitled The Artifacts of Love. The Heart Gem is the first book.

The Heart Gem is a mystical object which leads the holder to their true love. As in all things too good to be true, there’s danger in using any of the artifacts.

Each of the Artifacts of Love (Heart Gem, Heart Compass, Heart Shell, and Heart Chain) offers a different way for the holder to know who their true love really is. But…does true love need proof?

Isabella Macotte grew up in Chicago and now lives in the Midwest. Ever since she can remember, she was reading. Not just fiction but everything she could get her hands on. Science, romance, history and paranormal. Especially paranormal...anything scary, creepy, or gory, she loves it. From light paranormal elements to terrifying monsters, she'll make up a story to amaze or scare you.

Isabella Macotte writes the kind of romance she loves to read: a story with delicious dialogue, seductive encounters, a dash of the paranormal, and an irresistible hero you will never forget.

Passionate about books, Isabella keeps busy reading, writing and working in a library. But if a few moments remain at the end of the day, she spends them with a wonderful family and sweet bichon pup named Daisy.

Website  |  Goodreads  |  Facebook  |  Twitter


christine warner said...

Enjoyed learning more about you Isabella!

Congrats on your new sounds like a keeper! Love the fact you are making this into a series. Always enjoy a good series read :)

Lynne Marshall said...

I Isabella and Laurie. First off, what a nice website.

I enjoyed the excerpt and interview, Isabella. glad to know this book Heart Gem is the first in a series.

I'm with you on visiting English and Scottish countryside. It is gorgeous over there!

Barbara Weitz said...

I began reading this book last night and am enjoying every word. Although I read few historicals, the paranormal aspect really has me hooked as does the concept for the series. Good luck.

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

Hi Laurie!
Enjoyed the interview.

I love stories about true love and if you add a wee bit of the paranormal even better. I wish you the best with your book!

Karen Michelle Nutt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isabella Macotte said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments!

Karyn Good said...

The Heart Gem sounds like a great start to the series. Light paranormal is a favorite genre of mine right now.

Debra St. John said...

Hi Isabella,

I can't wait to read "The Heart Gem". Congratulations on your release...I wish you many, many sales.

See you soon!


Calisa Rhose said...

Wonderful interview ladies. I love the excerpt, Isabella. I have to add this one to my tbr! Congrats sweetie!

Anonymous said...

What an enticing story, and even better to know that it's the start of a series! I'm looking forward to this one.