Friday, March 2, 2012

Into the Light by Darcia Helle : Character Interview : Nurture Tour Stop



ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Darcia Helle lives in a fictional world with a husband who is sometimes real. Their house is ruled by spoiled dogs and cats and the occasional dust bunny. Suspense, random blood splatter and mismatched socks consume Darcia’s days. She writes because the characters trespassing through her mind leave her no alternative. Only then are the voices free to haunt someone else’s mind.









Published Works:
Enemies and Playmates, 978-1442187696, 2009
Hit List, 978-1442189409, 2009
No Justice: A Michael Sykora Novel, 978-1442195332, 2009
Beyond Salvation: A Michael Sykora Novel, 978-1448694426, 2009
Miami Snow, 978-1449911652, 2010
The Cutting Edge, 978-1453630730, 2010
Into The Light, 978-1463640200, 2011
Quiet Fury: An Anthology of Suspense, 978-1466434585, 2011

Find and follow Darcia Helle on:



CHARACTER INTERVIEW

I'm happy to welcome Joe Cavelli, private investigator from Into The Light, to my blog today.  This is a rare opportuntity so let's get with it, shall we?
What was the scariest moment of your life?
Without a doubt, the scariest moment of my life was when Max started talking to me in that dark parking lot outside Chili’s. Do you have any idea what it’s like to have a disembodied voice shouting at you? I was sure I’d lost my mind. I’d had a couple drinks but I was nowhere near drunk. There I am, walking alone toward my car, and this voice is shouting, “Hey you!” I look around, don’t see anyone. Then he tells me to look up, like he’s hanging off a lamppost or something.
I wasn’t exactly receptive to the idea of a ghost talking to me. I’m still not crazy about it, though I have to admit Max turned out to be an okay guy - I mean ghost.
Tell us about your family.
My parents divorced when I was a teenager. I never got along well with my father for reasons I won’t bore you with. When I was fifteen, my mother decided to move to Florida, in part, I think, to escape my father’s reach. Even though they’d divorced, he still found ways to make her life difficult. I came here to Florida with her. My older brother Jimmy chose to stay up in New Hampshire. He was in college and engaged. Unlike me, Jimmy had roots there. New Hampshire was always home for him.
Anyway, Jimmy’s married now and has a son named Dylan. They were here a few weeks ago. All of us minus my father spent four days in Disney. Dylan ran us ragged, but we had a great time.
If you could apologize to someone in your past, who would it be?
Hanging out with Max taught me a lot about the importance of this. We don’t always realize how much the stuff we do impacts other people’s lives. I’m sure there are a lot of people I should apologize to. My brother Jimmy would probably tell you he should be the first in line. When we were kids, we had to share the Nintendo and he was always better than me. So I’d punch myself in the arm to make it red, then run to our mother crying that he’d punched me. He’d get sent to his room and I’d have the Nintendo all to myself.
What books have most influenced your life?
 The Sherlock Holmes stories by Conan Doyle. I was about ten when I read my first, and I haunted my mother until I had the entire collection. I’ve probably read them a dozen times each, at least. Those stories are largely responsible for my chosen career.
What songs are most played on your Ipod?
I’m kind of a metal head, which drove Max crazy. Let me take a look. Okay, my top 10 most played:
1.    Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin
2.    The Howling by Within Temptation
3.    Flannigan’s Ball by Dropkick Murphys
4.    Bye Bye Beautiful by Nightwish
5.    Land of Confusion by Disturbed
6.    Ghost Opera by Kamelot
7.    Oh My God by Forty Deuce
8.    Faint by Linkin Park
9.    Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against
10.      Take It Easy by The Eagles (This one is entirely Max’s fault. He wouldn’t stop hounding me until I played The Eagles for him. This song became addictive.)
Where do you dream of traveling to and why?
I hope to get to Australia in the near future. I want to tour the Outback. And I’d love to hold a baby koala!
Wow! May I come with you?  I think that would be so cool! J  Thanks so much for taking time out to be here today.  It’s been great getting a chance to talk with you.

ABOUT THE BOOK
Max Paddington refuses to go into the light until he finds his killer. This presents a dilemma, since Max is even less competent as a spirit than he was as a live person. No one sees or hears him and he can't manage to get anywhere or do anything on his own. Joe Cavelli is a private investigator, living an ordinary life. Then one day he walks across a parking lot, gets yelled at by a ghost, and his life only gets stranger from there. Max and Joe team up to find Max's killer. In the process, they form an unlikely friendship and change each other's lives in ways they never expected.

Buy the book at:



Into The LightAuthor: Darcia Helle
Genre: Young Adult (YA) Fiction - Contemporary/Paranormal Mystery
Published by: Createspace (July 14, 2011)
Age Recommendation: 12 years of age & up
Format: eBook & Trade Paperback
ISBN13: 978-1463640200
Number of pages: 250


This is the last day for this Nurture Virtual Book Tour, but you can still visit all the participating blogs and read all the marvelous content if you missed any of the stops.



Into The Light by Darcia Helle – NURTURE Book Tour Schedule:

·                 February 27th - Jaidis S. @ Juniper Grove

·                 February 27th - Farrah K. @ The Book Faery Reviews

·                 February 28th - Grace L. @ Books Like Breathing

·                 February 28th - Hywela L. @ Hywela Lyn: Romance That’s ‘Out Of This World’

·                 February 29th - Miranda Wh. @ Ricochet Reviews

·                 March 1st – Inga K. @ Me And Reading

·                 March 2nd – Melissa Kr. @ Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf

·                 March 2nd - Laurie J. @ Laurie’s Thoughts & Reviews


Thanks for Looking!!

3 comments:

Darcia Helle said...

Laurie, thank you for letting Joe hang out on your blog today! He asked that I send a hello. He's currently out talking to more ghosts. :)

Cassandra said...

Joe's #1 song is by my favorite band... I may just have to check the book out.. he seems like my kind of guy!! Great post!!

Darcia Helle said...

Cassandra, not all those songs are on my own playlist but I'm a huge Breaking Benjamin fan. Great band! Thanks for stopping by and reading. :)