Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dark Waters by Shannon Mayer: My Review

Dark Waters (Celtic Legacy Book 1)         Paranormal Fantasy
The bonds of family are stretched to the breaking point as legendary monsters, a deadly prophecy, and soul swallowing fears threaten to destroy them. Magic, secrets, sensuality and mind numbing terror all rolled into one to keep the pages flying.











MY REVIEW
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was filled with lots of action and I enjoyed reading it. The story flowed quickly and it was easy to get caught up in the supernatural world the author envisions. The bond between the sisters is fabulous and I loved the sense of danger and conflict that is woven throughout the whole book. The world-building here is off to a fabulous start, and I am eager to read the next installment. That said, the major cliff-hanger ending was a real blow. I don’t mind when there is a set-up for the next adventure but I heartily dislike serialized books – most especially when there is a long wait before the next book is released. In general, my practice is to wait until a series is complete so I can better submerge my mind into the story. I wish I had waited longer before reading Dark Waters. I feel that this book ended too soon. The ending left me feeling somewhat depressed and out of sorts – I much prefer leaving a book and feeling at least content, if not jubilant.

Reviewed by Laurie

View all my reviews

No comments: