Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blood Awakening & Burden of Blood by Wenona Hulsey: Interview

Today's Double Feature
33pp Novelette 
Evil starts the clock ticking, leaving
Nicole's life changed forever....
Hidden powers, ancient grudges, romance and
  action that will leave you begging for more....
A police officer in a sleepy county town..
content in her denial.
She can hide her secret for only so long
 before an ancient grudge and the power
 hidden inside her burst to life.

Author's Note:

Blood Awakening is the novelette that gives some of Nicole Keenan's story prior to her life as it's told in the full length novel Burden of Blood and (coming in spring) Blood of Fire.

The novelette is a suspenseful with mystery along with a touch of the paranormal.  I would say this book is safe for teen/YA genre but the two follow up novels are more adult (not erotic) in nature.


(Burden of Blood is Exclusive to Amazon until the end of May)
 



INTERVIEW



How did you start your writing career?
I have always been a devourer of books.  For as long as I can remember I've always had a book with me so the move into writing just felt like a natural thing for me.  Decided I'd try it for fun and realized, hey, I'm not too dang shabby at this.

Tell us about your next release.
Up next is Blood of Fire which will be the 3rd book (second full length novel) in my epic fantasy/contemporary romance series.  I am writing the final chapters of this book right now and I must say I'm going to miss my characters.  They feel like my family but, sadly, this is the end of the series.

What is the hardest part of writing your books?
Without a doubt is when I have to hurt one of my characters.  I become so attached to each one so when I have to..ummm…do away with one, I struggle.  I want to have them all happy and smiling at the end of the book but sometimes it can't be that way.  You have to let a few go to make the ones that remain stronger.

When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?
I still work a day job so most of my writing is done late at night or on the weekends.  I have to wait until the kids are in bed or my book would be littered with random lines of "Mom, can I have a snack?" or "Mom, sissy is being mean!" and, well I'm sure that wouldn't make a very good book lol. So when the house is quite I settle in usually for an hour to write.

What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?
My family is very supportive of my writing.  They try hard to give me my space when I'm in the zone.  The only odd request I've gotten was from my 16 year old daughter who asked me to write her into my book…then off her.  So in my upcoming book, Blood of Fire, look for the teen fairy with an attitude problem named Destiny.  She has a short lived appearance but makes a bold impact on the story.

Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?
Yes! I've got soundtracks for scenes.  Like if I'm writing a fight scene I'll blast "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes or I'll put on some Adele "Set Fire to the Rain" for those hard choices between heart and mind.  I think I have a song for everything!

What book are you reading now?
Do to my daughter's constant insistence I'm reading the Hunger Games.  I try not to read while I'm writing but I gave in on this one and I'm enjoying the books so far.

 ABOUT THE AUTHOR


Author Wenona Hulsey is a lover of all things written. When she was a child, you could find her reading anything from Edger Allen Poe to the back of cereal boxes. Today you will find her with an ebook reader glued to her hands except for the times when she is writing or spending time with her family. 


She is also an avid social Networker who loves to meet new people.

Twitter   |  Facebook   |  Website

You can also join my email list and find out about my books, contest and all the juicy stuff before anyone else by going to the "Contact Me" section at my website and signing up. http://www.wenonahulsey.com/p/contact-me.html
THANKS FOR LOOKING!

No comments: