Thursday, December 15, 2011

Torment by Lindsay Ann Kendal



Keira has been through Hell, literally..... But now she’s back, and stronger than ever!

In this second gripping instalment of the Bloodlines trilogy Keira and her friends – Lily, Lucian, Tyler, Jake and Danny – continue to try and understand their elemental powers, and protect themselves from their enemies, whose ultimate goal is to destroy them.

This time, the stakes are higher – what seems to be a demon rebellion has broken out in hell and the Earth is plunged into chaos. Their problem is, no one – not even Lucifer himself – knows who the rebel leader is. It seems only Keira, her frightened but determined friends, and a new ally – a demon named Eligos - can find out who this person or thing is, why they are suddenly causing so much bloodshed, pain and upset for everyone, and destroy them.

Bloody awesome battles, amazing feats of magic, and a stronger-than-death passion, make for an intoxicating, unforgettable read in this powerfully imagined fantasy...

INTERVIEW


How did you start your writing career?

I was poorly, experiencing panic attacks and anxiety. I went from being a social butterfly to agoraphobic pretty much over night. I spent months indoors.  I would just sit in my room listening to my music or watching a film. In the end I got so fed up, I needed something to do. I was battling my nerves and need something to help calm me down. I put my laptop on my knee and started writing silly little stories, none of which made any sense, but it entertained me for a few hours.

In the end I started writing Bloodlines. This story just seemed to come to me from nowhere, so I thought, why not write it down. I never told anyone I was writing, I thought it was just a silly pastime and to be honest I was embarrassed. Then one day, my mum came in my room and saw all this writing on my screen. She thought at first it was my diary, but realised she didn’t recognise any of the names. She asked me about it and I confessed all. She read it and came in my room, the look on her face was brilliant. She simply said “you must finish this.” So I did. The story grew bigger and bigger and I knew I would have to write it in a few parts. She encouraged me to contact a publisher, and within a month, I was in contract with a publisher in the UK.  Later, I cancelled my contract with them as we no longer agreed on things, and I was published in the USA and contracted for the trilogy.

Tell us about your current release.

Bloodlines has been re-written, re-edited and re-published with World Castle Publishing. It was officially released on the 15th of September.

Bloodlines follows the story of Keira Jameson, a young girl of 22 who has a rather unique and special gift that has been passed down through the generations of her family. Now, after having strange dreams and hearing voices of others calling out to her, she decides it is time to try and find the other families her ancestors were connected to. Her best friend Lily goes along with her. But Keira soon finds herself facing something she never for one minute believed could possibly exist. She must fight for her life, and the life of her new found friends. She is the only one strong enough to defeat the enemy.

The story involves witchcraft, demons, friendship, fear, love and loss.

Tell us about your next release.

I have a few books coming out over the coming months. Bloodlines is the first of a trilogy of novels. The second, Torment, is due for release on the 1st November. The third, Revelations is hopefully going to be released on January 1st. I’ve also the just finished the first in a two part YA/Paranormal Romance/Suspense entitled, Leticia, which should be available in the next few months.

What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?

They are all very supportive. They want me to succeed and enjoy what I do with my life. My mum is the one who pushed me to write the book, so I owe this all to her. If she hadn’t have found out I was writing, I honestly don’t think I would have had the confidence to approach anyone about it.

My other half has helped me out a lot lately with ‘Leticia’. The story in set on the West Yorkshire Moors, in the Pennines, England. It’s only about ten miles away from where I live, but I don’t drive and it’s very hard to get public transport to such desolate places. So he drove me up there most nights and weekends so I could spend my time around the stories setting. Bless him. It helped so much and it also pleased me since I absolutely love it up there.

Tell us about your family.

I live with my mum, Trish, my Dad, Mark, and my younger sister Cheryl. We’ve recently had a new edition to the family, my sister gave birth to a beautiful little girl, Faith Marie on the June 25th this year. She currently lives with us and I couldn’t imagine the house without her. She’s so cute.

My mum has worked all her life and raised myself and I, my dad works as a precision engineer on the night shifts, so we only get to see him an hour a day during the week and at weekends. We’re all very close and keep a close eye on each other.

Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?

Oh yes! Music is my biggest inspiration. I’ll put my headphones in and listen to some of the most haunting music I can find, then suddenly, I’m no longer in the room. My stories play like movies in my mind, and then I go and write them all down. For example, the fight scene at the end of the first book. Whenever I listen to Cradle of Filth – Her Ghost in the Fog, all I see is that chapter.
What songs are most played on your Ipod?

Cradle of Filth – Her Ghost in the Fog.
Cradle of Filth – Absinthe with Faust.
Cradle of Filth – Nemesis.
Cradle of Filth – One Final Graven Kiss.
Cradle of Filth – Castlevania.
Bullet for my Valentine – Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow.
Iron Maiden – The Trooper.
My Links are as follows.




ABOUT THE AUTHOR

I have lived in Droylsden, Manchester, all my life. I live with my parents and my younger sister, Cheryl. I never knew what I wanted to do with my life until I began writing. This is my dream. 

I get most of my inspiration from music, I’ll sit there listening to it and suddenly I’m no longer in the room. My stories play like videos in my mind, then I go and write them down.

I’m a very dark person, I love anything spooky, supernatural, or unexplainable, and so that’s the genre I want to write in for the rest of my life. I love watching scary films, although I find it very hard to find one these days that actually frighten me.





THANKS FOR LOOKING!


No comments: