Thursday, December 8, 2011

Shield of Fire by Boone Brux - Interview : Bewitching Tour Stop


BRINGER AND THE BANE - Book One - by Boone Brux

 Title: Shield of Fire (Bringer and the Bane, #1)
Author: 
Boone Brux
Genre: 
Historical Fantasy Romance
Length: 
Novel
Launch Date: 
December 2011
ePub ISBN: 
978-1-937044-17-6
Print ISBN: 
978-1-937044-33-6

Protecting humans is the Bringers’ duty. Sending demons to the Shadow World is their pleasure.

In one night, Ravyn’s life plunges from barely tolerable to deadly. Forced to flee the only home she’s known, she stumbles headlong into the clutches of Icarus, a powerful demon intent on stealing her powers. Unfortunately for him, she has no intention of cooperating.

When Rhys realizes the woman he’s rescued from the Bane Demon is no mere human, his obligation as a Bringer dictates he protect and train her in the ways of his people. But he’s unprepared for the intense desire he feels for the fiery Ravyn. To surrender to his need may mean her death.

As the Demon King’s desire for ultimate power escalates, fathers are slated against sons, and foes are made allies. The Bane threat upon them, Rhys and Ravyn must quest to unite the last of the Bringers—and explore a passion too powerful to ignore.


 Praise for Shield of Fire

“With her debut novel, SHIELD OF FIRE, Boone Brux weaves a story transcending genre and time.  Every page seems filled with demons, dragons, shape-shifters, redeemers, and the underlying thread of death-defying love.  Using electrifying fights, passion-drenched scenes, and amazing imagery, Boone has brought one hell of a world to absolute life!  Wow!”
~ Jackie Ivie, bestselling author of the ‘Knight’ books

“Dark adventure blended with a captivating romance. Boone Brux has joined my auto-buy list.” ~ Tielle St. Clare

INTERVIEW

I’m excited to welcome Boone Brux, here today to tell us a little about her new release.

Thank you so much for having me. I’m thrilled to be on your blog today.

What can you tell us about your current release.

Shield of Fire is a fantasy romance set in a medieval world of Inness. It’s the first book in the Bringer and the Bane series. Bringers are a mythical race of people who protect humans from the Demon Bane. Much of the Bringers’ history has been lost through the centuries, which is unfortunate because my characters, Rhys and Ravyn could really use some answers as to why Vile, the Demon King wants her so badly.

There’s a lot of demon fights, intrigue, a little kissing, among other surprises.
What was the scariest moment of your life?

My husband and I were flying through the mountains in Alaska in our plane when the clouds suddenly enveloped us. It happened so fast, we barely had time to react. The last thing I saw before we went to zero visibility was a mountain looming in front of us. I prayed and begged the angels to guide us out. My husband spiraled down until we were about a hundred feet off the ground. Through the fog we could make out a river and followed that through the pass until we reached the village of Anatuvik. Really scary stuff. I actually kissed the ground.

Have you attended a high school reunion? What did you learn?

The last class reunion I went to was my five year. I have my ??th reunion coming up next year and I hope to get back home for that. There are so many people I’d love to see. At this point in our lives, I feel the trying to impress each other stage is over. Our conversations will probably revolve around getting more fiber or retirement prospects. I’d like to believe I could close the bars down, but I’d be fooling myself. Rarely can I stay up past ten. Sad, very sad.

When's the last time you played that musical instrument?

I have a virtual violin on my iPad I love to play. Though it does sound like screeching cats when I hit a wrong note. I’d love to be able to play the fiddle. I think I must have either been a country music or Irish fiddler in a past life.

What would we find under your bed?

My floor. I have a Tempurpedic mattress, which I love, but my husband seems to have something against bed frames. Please buy my book so I can afford a bed frame and stop living like a college student.

Do you have a favorite quote or saying?

I couldn’t possibly write down all the sayings we have around our house. We’re a family of imitators, so lines from movies are used in every day conversation. I guess the saying my husband and I use most often is, “Now that’s parentin’!” Usually it follows one of us losing our tempers and yelling at the kids. It might look something like this.
Me yelling down the hall: “Get your rooms cleaned up or I’m coming in there with a garbage bag and doing it myself.” (Looks to spouse for support.)
Husband: “Now that’s parentin.”

Say your publisher has offered to fly you anywhere in the world to do research on an upcoming book, where would you most likely want to go?

I’d go to the ice hotel in Sweden or the sewers and catacombs of Paris. You know there some juicy stories waiting to be told there.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A mermaid. Still do.

Oh, man…..I’m cracking up here!  Thanks so much for sharing this fabulous, insightful,  and funny interview.

About the Author
 Boone has lived in the beautiful state of Alaska for nearly two decades. She spent many of those years in the bush, where the internet and flush toilets were a luxury. Boone’s motto? “Have laptop, will travel.” It’s not uncommon to see her pounding away at her computer during camping trips, fishing expeditions, or in their family plane as they fly over the open tundra.
She’s won several awards for her writing and serves as the Alaska Chapter president for Romance Writers of America. 


THANKS FOR LOOKING!

3 comments:

Boone Brux said...

Thanks for having me. This was a fun interview. Great questions:)

Shea McMaster said...

I just received your book in the mail yesterday and I'm really looking forward to settling down to read this afternoon!

Congrats on your release, Boone!

Anonymous said...

will you have something for Kindle??
This sounds very interesting..