Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Wife by Wednesday by Catherine Bybee - Interview : Sizzling PR Tour Stop

A Contemporary Romance with a dash of humor and a whole lotta sexy…
Blake Harrison:
Rich, titled, and charming… And in need of a wife by Wednesday so he turns to Sam Elliot who isn’t the business man he expected. Instead, Blake is faced with Samantha Elliot, engaging and spunky with a voice men call 900 numbers to hear.
Samantha Elliot:
Owner of Alliance , her matchmaking firm, and not on the marital menu... That is until Blake offers her ten million dollars for a one-year contract. All she needs to do is keep her attraction to her husband to herself and avoid his bed. But Blake’s toe-curling kisses and charm prove too difficult to combat. Now she needs to protect her heart so she can walk away when their mercenary life together is over.

Kindle  |NookSmashwords  


Do you have critique partners or beta readers?

Critique Partners. Hands down. I think it's more important for a story to flow, for the reader to care about my characters, then I worry about a beta read. In the end, I have a line editor for all the tiny details.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned while writing your books?

I'm shocked at how my stories change. How the characters take on a life of their own and act out of turn. Only a writer understands this concept. When I try to explain this to a reader, they usually shake their head and say… 'but you wrote it, how could you not know what was going to happen next?'

Do you hear from your readers? What kinds of questions do they ask?

I have started hearing from readers on a fairly consistent basis in the last few months. Which is awesome by the way.  They usually tell me about the latest book of mine that they've read, or ask me when my next book is going to come out. Occasionally I'll have someone tell me about a plot idea they'd like to see turned into a book.

Plotter or Pantser? Why?

Pantser… but I'm really trying hard to be a plotter. Tends to make the writing process faster and easier.

Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?

Listening to music is distracting to me. I can't write with noise in the background… even my kids.

What are your favorite TV shows?

I love Modern Family. When I need a little paranormal hit, I watch Supernatural. I liked Buffy and miss Gilmore Girls.

What songs are most played on your Ipod?

I listen to a lot of groups from the 80's. On my Pandora radio station, I'm all into Nickleback right now.

What group did you hang out with in high school?

I was a Drama Club geek and Choir geek. My most memorable roles on stage were Annie Sullivan in the Miracle Worker and Marty in Grease.

Morning Person? Or Night Person? How do you know?

I hate mornings… nuff said.

What would we find under your bed?


Say your publisher has offered to fly you anywhere in the world to do research on an upcoming book, where would you most likely want to go?

Duah… Scotland. Can they send me back in time, too?

Do you have a Website or Blog?

Both… and twitter… and facebook… you can find me everywhere.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/catherinebybee
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Catherine-Bybee-Romance-Author/
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2905789.Catherine_Bybee
Catherine's Blog: http://catherinebybee.blogspot.com/
Catherine’s Website:  http://www.catherinebybee.com/
 Thanks again for having me here today. I hope everyone enjoys Wife by Wednesday. I hope to have Married by Monday out by spring of next year.


Read my full review HERE. It was just posted December 1st at Coffee Time Romance and More.

Catherine Bybee is known for her time travel / paranormal romance books. Wife by Wednesday is her first straight contemporary with more in the loop coming. This is Indie Published with 4.5 and 5 star reviews already coming in.
Award Winning Author for Silent Vows Paranormal Category of the More than Magic 2011 contest
Amazon Bestseller in Time Travel/Historical/Fantasy-Ghost (All MacCoinnich Time Travel Books) + Anthology's (Soul Mate)
ARe- Bestseller (Soul Mate - Kilt Worthy)
Fictionwise Bestseller (Soul Mate)


1 comment:

Catherine Bybee said...

Thank you for having e here today! I look forward to your CTR Review.