Monday, November 14, 2011

Absolute Obsession by C. Elizabeth - Interview: Pump Up Your Book Tour Stop


C. Elizabeth lives in St. Albert, Alberta, Canada. She stumbled upon writing, it found her, she finds writing a peaceful escape and is very excited to have her characters come alive in her readers’ minds. Her contemporary romance novel, Absolute Obsession, is about 42 year old Rose Gerbaldi who by an intervention of fate unites her heart and soul with 30 year old British movie star, Michael Terrance.

Please visit her blog and Connect with her on Twitter and Facebook.


Triggering an intervention of fate, 42 year old Rose Gerbaldi, discovers her heart and soul have been forever united with beautiful, 30 year old, British movie star, Michael Terrance – - a discovery that compels her reality to fiercely reclaim her, ultimately devastating the very lives fate had so lovingly entwined. Forsaken by a woman he’s never met, unable to control the debilitating agony, Michael seeks solace on the darker side of Hollywood. Meanwhile in Western Canada, having been doubly devastated, Rose relinquishes to a life of loneliness. Both are certain they’ll never again find that for which they long for – - each other. Foolish people – fate is infallible.


Hi Laurie! I want to thank you for having me today, I have been looking forward to it.

Hi! I am thrilled to host you and delighted to find out a bit more about you and your work. So, anyway, let's see what's going on with you, OK?

How did you start your writing career?

The last chapter of Absolute Obsession started my writing career.  It was all a little crazy, at least that’s what I thought at the time.  The words exploded into my brain and continued to repeat themselves over and over again, like a song that gets stuck in your head.  It continued on until I acknowledged that it was there, then the rest starting flowing very quickly, but backwards.  Each chapter working its way from end to beginning, me always knowing the outcome before how that outcome came to be.
Tell us about a favorite character from a book.

My favourite character would have to be Michael.  Though Rose is the main voice, it’s Michael who was the most evasive when trying to do edits.  His head was the most difficult to get into and once he let me in, he talked nonstop allowing the words to flow.  However, those times were few and far between and sometimes he would only give me tid bits of what he wanted to say in certain scenes, steering me away from the scene I was working on – frustrating me to no end.

When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?
I have no set time to write.  It’s virtually impossible to schedule writing times for me, because my characters let me know, in no uncertain terms, when they want my attention.  When that happens, that’s when I write.  I’ve been very fortunate so far, crossing my fingers, not to have them demand my attention in the middle of the night.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned while writing your books?

There have been many surprising things that I’ve learned while writing Absolute Obsession.  The first and foremost is that I can write.  Some others would include the fact that I love words, truly love them, another would be the fact that I enjoy being in the throngs of it all, making up worlds that could easily be real.  I often wonder sometimes how the heck I made this far in life and know so little about myself.

Do you have a Website or Blog?

Yes.  Please feel free to leave a comment or email.  You can connect with me at:


You can purchase Absolute Obsession at:

All formats:                  
All other ebook formats:

 It's been a pleasure! Thanks so much for stopping in today! 


Tuesday, November 15
Guest blogging at Coloquium
Wednesday, November 16
Interviewed at Blogcritics
Thursday, November 17
Guest blogging at Cocktails and Books


C. Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much for having me today, this was fun. :)

Laura Burks said...

Loved the interview, Char!

meredith schorr said...

Great interview! So interesting that the author wrote the ending first and worked backwards.