Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Last Rising by Rachel Firasek-Interview:Bewitching Tour Stop


Title: The Last Rising
Author: Rachel Firasek
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Length: Novella
Release Date: September 2011
ePub ISBN: 978-1-937044-28-2
Mobi ISBN: 978-1-937044-29-9

Book Description:

After paying two millennia’s penance to Osiris, world-weary Phoenix Ice has had enough. Saving souls without any hope for her own redemption isn’t how she imagined spending eternity. Fed up, she decides her next death will be her last. But when she sacrifices her own life for a sexy Texan in a catastrophic plane crash, she has no idea the consequences will be so great…or that she’ll end up back in his life for her next assignment.

Now that Turner Alcott has survived the worst, finding a wife and mother for his son matters more than ever before. When the mysterious Ice comes into his life, Turner knows she’s the one—but love is the last thing Ice wants. If he wants to win her heart, Turner must teach Ice how to forgive herself, and prove that love is the ultimate sacrifice.


“Why is it I can’t get you out of my mind? You say we haven’t met, but my dreams remember you.”

Oh yeah, he’d dreamt of a woman for months now. She resembled his dream woman in so many ways, but he’d never seen his fantasy lover’s face.

She struggled against his clutch. “Mr. Alcott, I assure you we haven’t met. And for your other question, I don’t know why, but you need to release me.”

Why did that quivering bottom lip make him suspect she was lying? Turner rested his forehead against the top of hers and sucked in her scent. “Please, tell me I’m not losing my mind. Tell me you don’t visit me every night and I’ll promise to leave you alone. I just need to know.”

He sounded like a crazy man but she had to tell him. She was the only one who could put a stop to his mind’s constant fantasizing, and this feeling of déjà vu every time he saw her.

Ice wriggled in his arms, her thighs chafing against his slacks. “Mr. Alcott, you need to let me go.” She glanced around his shoulder. “Brodie is probably staring out that glass window and I would hate for him to get the wrong impression.”

She was right. He needed to get ahold of himself, but he didn’t have the strength to walk away. His hands traveled up and over her shoulders, stalling on her neck. Brushing his thumbs against her jaw, he pressed her head back and stared into hard eyes—no emotion. Couldn’t she see the battle he fought?

He teased the corner of her mouth with his thumb and her breathy gasp pleased him. So, she wasn’t completely immune to him. He dropped his head until his mouth hovered over hers.

“Mr. Alcott—”

“Shhh. I just need a taste of the sunshine.”

My Review

I am reviewing this book professionally for Night Owl Reviews.  My review will be posted as soon as possible, after it has gone through edits and published  by Night Owl.


Morning Person? Or Night Person? How do you know?

I’m neither and both. I wake up very easy, but don’t like to talk to anyone for a good hour. I need that time to prepare for the world. I’m very tired at night, but I don’t sleep much. So, I embrace my insomnia. My son lovingly calls me a vampire.

What would we find under your bed?

Oh, a fun question. You’d probably find a four foot Christmas tree, I just can’t part with even though it’s old and ratty. It reminds me of a time when we couldn’t afford to decorate the 7 foot monstrosity we use now. There might be some travel magazines/brochures my hubs picked up in Germany/Aruba/Kuwait etc… Yes, it’s not fair that he has seen so much of the world. Nothing too terribly exciting… I keep all the good stuff in the closet. J

Do your friends think you are an introvert or an extravert? Why?

I don’t have many “real life” friends because I am such an introvert. I’m often confused with being rude and distant, but really I’m just too shy to make the move. I’m not good at holding a conversation either. I can answer questions, but I can’t lead the talk. Lol. But, I think I make up for it online. Here I have hundreds of friends and have no problem contacting people. Funny, huh?

What songs are most played on your Ipod?

Anything by Pink or Emily Autumn.  I love the strong lyrics and the rock tones from Pink. Emily touches something a little deeper with me. If you know of her and her music, and you love it, you’ll understand.

What was the scariest moment of your life?

My son was four and caught a “mysterious” stomach virus, after two days of grossness he seemed to be recovering. We’d been to the doctor and he was on medicine to help control the symptoms. On the third day he had a relapse that put us in the hospital. The first night there, my baby’s arms were strapped up with IVs and taped to a board. He didn’t even care. When the alarms above the bed went off, and a half dozen nurses and doctors rushed into the room, my world stopped. It was like I was watching through a tunnel vision as they worked his little body around on that table. His blood pressure had dropped rapidly from the dehydration, but the good doctors took care of him. I’d sent my husband home for some rest not thirty minutes before this happened. I’d never felt more alone or lonely and I’ll never forget that kind of fear.

What book are you reading now?

I’m actually in between books, but I just finished The Darker Side of Pleasure by Eden Bradley. I’m quite fascinated with her work. If you go check it out, be warned it’s a whole lot hot.

What is your favorite meal?

This is easy. It’s the only thing I cook really well. I make a mean dish of chicken enchiladas. Yum! It’s usually the only food my husband will actually ask me to make. ;)

What are you passionate about these days?
You’re going to laugh. I’m like the best ever fan. I’m such a TrueBlood nut. I even watch Jessica’s vlogs. She’s so cute. I watched the ComicCon clips over and over just to hear how the characters really speak. Yeah, I’m a big dork when I get passionate about something. :)

About the Author:
Rachel Firasek grew up in the south and despite the gentle pace, she harassed life at full steam. Her curiosity about mythology, human nature, and the chemical imbalance we call love led her to writing. Her stories began with macabre war poems and shifted to enchanted fairytales, before she settled on a blending of the two. 

Today you’ll find her tucked on a small parcel of land, surrounded by bleating sheep and barking dogs, with her husband and children. She entertains them all with her wacky sense of humor or animated reenactments of bad 80’s dance moves. 

She’s intrigued by anything unexplained and seeks the answers to this crazy thing we call life. You can find her where the heart twists the soul and lights the shadows… or at www.rachelfirasek.com.

Sept 21 Guest Post Paranormal Opinion

September 22 Guest Post 

September 23 Book feature 

Authors - Book Tours can give your book additional exposure and help you reach new readers.  There are several different plans from which to choose.  There are options available that are ideal for modest budgets.  To find out more, click the image.

Bloggers -  Find out how you can become a Tour Host. To find out more details, click the image.

Disclaimer: This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.   In some cases, I receive free books in return for a review. My reviews always express my own personal opinion. I am not obligated to write a glowing or even favorable review.  I have not received any monetary compensation in return for my honest review. Promotional banners and information was provided through Bewitching Book Tours. I am an authorized Tour Host. 



*yadkny* said...

Hi Rachel!
Showin' some S.S. love this morning! I totally agree with your 'introvert or an extravert' comment... I feel the same way:)

Michelle @ Book Briefs said...

Great interview! I loved the morning and night answer- haha and that your son says you are a vampire! too funny. and what's under your bed!

-Michelle (SSsiren)


Hey, showing some Sassy Street Siren love this afternoon, loved the interview, loved the under the bed question lol. too cute.
Naughty Nattie :)

Rachel Firasek said...

Ah, ladies, you always warm my heart. Thank you for stopping by. Y, I can so see this about you. Such a beautiful spirit behind the bashful glances. Michelle, I'm glad I tickled your goat this morning, lol. Nattie, we always have to remember where we came from. Hugs to you!

Theresa @ Fade Into Fantasy said...

*hugs* Great interview, Rachel! I'm also an introvert in real life, but I think it's because people in real life have too much access to my personal boundaries. I'm much closer to people online! I also think that people are less inhibited online, so we reveal our inner selves much more.

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Hi there! Great interview! I also am an introvert, I have taught myself to push outside of it. I never would have guessed that you were! I have made so many strong connections online! I also had a very scary and lonely hospital moment with my youngest when he was just 3 months old. I totally get that feeling. This was an excellent interview - great questions!


~ Babs ~ said...

Great interview :). I loved the questions. Hi Rachel showing some SS love :). I love Pink and her songs :).

Sharon said...

Those were some great questions, especially the bed one . I don't get rid of anything Christmas.

Misusedinnocence said...

What a great interview! I would lvoe to read this!


Heather Powers said...

Showing some Sassy Siren love. Great interview. Always love reading about my writer friends:)

Liz said...

lovely interview! sounds very creative...I admire all of you who create entire new worlds for readers!
keep up the great work Rachel. And here is to many sales!

Kat Fort said...

Hi Rachel! What a fun interview, and thank you for sharing your scary moment with us! Really brave of you to share that! I'm SOOOOOO not a morning person - total night owl. I stay up late even when exhausted. I can't seem to turn my mind off at night. No matter how early I try go to bed, my husband feels like he's "poking the bear" trying to wake me up in the morning. I just blindly reach for coffee, pray I'm dressed and get going for the day.

Katrina W said...

Loved the interview and I tend to agree with Theressa Im very close to people on line, an introvert but to handle people ok in life as well. Find it easier to chat on line and have gained some wonderful new friends ** huggles ** My little one must be hanging around me to long, her teeth fell out leaving the front two like vampires she came up to me and hissed and I asked her what she was doing she says to me ** Mum im a vampire ** giggles !!! She knows me to well !! Mummy loves vampires ** chuckles ** Thanks for the interview !!! Im a night walker ! but at times I find I need an earlie night as life catches up !!

good luck Rachel with your book Im sure it will be a great success !


sss hugs

Rachel Firasek said...

I'm a little late getting back around to all my stops, but please know that I value each comment. It's so good to see all the little introverts coming out to play and even a few fellow vamps. ;) Hugs to all and I hope you enjoy the book!