Monday, September 5, 2011

Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress by Christine E. Schulze - Guest Post: Bookish Snob Tour Stop



 GUEST POST by CHRISTINE E. SCHULZE

The Amielian Legacy: the Beginning and the End

Some of my recent readers for Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress have asked questions about the worlds I have created, curious about things I haven’t gone into depth about. Now, I do try to make it very clear that Golden Healer is part of a series; hence, all may not be explained straight-away. However, since I am not yet as well-known an author as I would wish, what I do understand is that many readers probably don’t know that Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress is a part of The Stregoni Sequence, AND The Stregoni Sequence is part of a much larger, over-arching collection: The Amielian Legacy.
The Amielian Legacy contains thirty-three books and, for the most part, is already entirely written; publishing it all is the true challenge. Some of my books have come out with Writers-Exchange, like Golden Healer, others with Old Line Publishing, like Bloodmaiden, and yet others I have self-published using all the knowledge and skills I have learned from working with various editors and publishers. The rest I am saving for agents and big publishing houses. Because, while I love all of my currently-published books, especially for how personalized they are by myself, I am very serious about getting out there and making a name for myself.
But I digress. The Amielian Legacy is comprised of many series and stand-alone books. I’ve carefully it up so that, for the very most part, you could pick up any single one of those books, read it, and understand what is going on just fine. However, for those readers who choose to read most or all of the books, especially in the proper order, there are rewards. They get to see how everything connects, how history from one book affects another series, what happened to one character they loved from such-and-such book on down the line in another book. Minor characters in one book become heroes in another. The idea is that everything is connected, everything had purpose, everything is leading somewhere.
It sort of just happened that Golden Healer became book one out of the entire Amielian Legacy. However, I call it Providence now, for it works quite well. Tears of a Vampire Prince is a companion to Golden Healer, and it just so happens to come right before the very last book of The Amielian Legacy, Carousel in the Clouds. So, just as things begin with Aaryn, they end with him. He is the last character we see, the final calm before the storm of the final adventure. In fact, certain events in Tears are happening while events of Carousel are happening as well. Thus, The Amielian Legacy comes full circle, ending right where it started.
So, in the end, if you want to get the full picture, read all the books. I always include necessary information for each individual story and will often include some sort of back story as well. But it would be futile to include every bit of information on all seven of my worlds in all thirty-three books. So, when all else fails, if you like one story and truly want to unravel the world behind it, read the rest of that series. And then, if you still find your fantasy cravings not quite satisfied, move on to the next series and the next until, at long last, you have devoured them all.
I part with an unofficial list of The Amielian Legacy for thirsty readers, including books published and those not quite y

                 I.     The Stregoni Sequence (Four-book collection)
II.    The Chronicles of the Mira
III.   The Hero Chronicles (Five-book collection)
IV.    The Gailean Quartet (Four-book collection)
 V.    Loz (Three-book collection)
VI.    The Legends of Surprisers Series (Three-book collection)
VII.   The Pirates of Meleeon
VIII.  The Crystal Rings
IX.    Broken: A Darkly Romantic Anthology
 X.    Bloodmaiden
XI.    Lily in the Snow and Other Elemental Tales
XII.   Chimes, La Mariposa: Two Tales of Emreal
XIII.  The Last Star
XIV.  StarChild
 XV.  Follow Me
XVI.   Black Lace
XVII.  You, Fairie, I
XVIII. Tears of a Vampire Prince: the First Krystine (a companion to the Stregoni Sequence)
XIX. Carousel in the Clouds

Book buying links:

Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress


Tears of the Vampire Prince


MY Review of Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress
***Update 9/5/11***Just finished reading this book - Really Good!  My Review will be posted shortly.
MY Review of Tears of the Vampire Prince

I apologize but I am behind on my reading.  I will post my reviews just as soon as I can get caught up. At the latest, both reviews will be posted by Sept. 21st.

 
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Christine E. Schulze has been creating books since she was too young to even write them in words. Her collection of YA fantasy books, The Amielian Legacy, is comprised of series and stand-alone books which can all be read separately but which weave together to create an amazing fantasy. Her fanatsies also incorporate many other genres, such as Christian fantasy, romance, and even a spark of horror at times. She hopes to inspire readers throughout the world with these books by publishing in both traditional and electronic formats to make them available to all readers.

Christine has published several stories with Calliope and Kalkion magazines and is an active member of the WEbook online writing community. She has also published several Christian/fantasy books which are available at various online retailers, as well as publishing several eBooks via Writers-Exchange.

Her latest and most exciting venture includes her publications with Old Line Publishing: Bloodmaiden and Tears of a Vampire Prince: the First Krystine. She also anticipates her upcoming publication with Old Line, Lily in the Snow, as well as releasing The Chronicles of the Mira with Writers-Exchange in both paperback and electronic forms.

Christine currently lives in Belleville, Illinois in her first and most thrilling apartment. 



GIVEAWAY

Just leave a comment along with your email addy for a chance to win one of three PRINT copies of both books.  Follow along with the tour and comment at each tour stop to significantly increase your odds of winning.




The next blog stop:  


DISCLAIMER:  Promotional materials were provided by Bookish Snob Promotions and the author.  Review copies of both Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress and Tears of a Vampire Prince were also provided to me with the expectation that I would write and honest and fair review of the books.

12 comments:

James said...

I have read Dark Enchantress and really enjoyed it. I am currently reading the first part of the Hero Chronicles and I am enjoying that as well. I can see that I have a lot of reading ahead of me :-)

Laurie said...

Hi James, I'm with you there. I'm about 70% into Golden Healer and I'm just enthralled. I think the story is amazingly original and captivating.

winnie said...

Wow, the Amielian Legacy series sounds so complex with 33 books total! The world-building must be incredible!

I would love to be entered for the giveaway if it's open to Canadian residents too!

chibipooh(at)gmail(dot)com

kimyunalesca said...

These are so wickedly cool and amazing! many thanks for sharing and posting XD

kimyunalesca(at)yahoo(dot)com

Krysykat said...

Awesome guest post, thank you :)

Morganlafey86(at)aol(dot)com

Ifrah said...

I enjoyed reading the guest post !
I would love to be entered the giveaway if it is INT .

Starlight023(at)hotmail(dot)com

Jennifer Mathis said...

new to me author but the books sound great so i will have to change that :)

meandi09@yahoo.com

Anne R said...

This is a new author for me, the books sounds good. Thanks for a chance to win.

gfc follower-areeths

areeths at new dot rr dot com

Gina said...

Just my type of books!!!! Glad I found this post so I can add these to my TBR pile!!!

ginahamm@yahoo.com

Blogger Name: Krystal Larson said...

I have been dying to read and review this book for my own blog! I love the concept and I would love to meet these characters. Thank you for the chance! I enjoyed the interview :) edysicecreamlover18@gmailDOTcom

Yto said...

i've never heard of this series before. the world seem confusing but also intriguing. would love to get my hands on a copy of the books.

witchvela@web.de

Misusedinnocence said...

I would love to read this! :)

misusedinnocence@aol.com