Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Static by Tawny Stokes, Book Blurb & Character Interview: Bewitching Tour Stop

Hello,  Today I am thrilled to welcome Tawny Stokes who is touring her Young Adult book, Static.  As a special treat Tawny is accompanied by her main character, Salem.  So scroll on down to see the book blurb and a very special character interview.



STATIC
By Tawny Stokes

Genre: Paranormal YA

During the summer before her senior year, 17 year old band groupie, Salem Vale, has been following her favorite punk rockers, Malice, from gig to gig hoping that one night she might get backstage and meet the sinisterly sexy guys. She’s been saving her virginity for the lead singer Thane.  One fateful evening she gets her wish.  It’s a dream come true.

Except the dream turns to a nightmare when she wakes up in a dumpster, tossed away like yesterday’s trash, with no memory of what happened the night before. She feels strange, different, as if something is trying to get out.  Soon she realizes she’s changing…turning into something not quite human.

Now a hunger deep inside claws at her to feed, to siphon energy from those around her.  Before she can do just that, Trevor, the band’s roadie shows up and stops her from killing.  With his help she learns to control the hunger inside, because he’s just like her.  And in return he wants her help to do one little thing…

Help him kill the members of Malice.

"STATIC is an edgy, dark, and delicious read! Tawny Stokes is a tasty new voice in YA fiction." –Michelle Rowen, national bestselling author



Character interview



A big thank you to Laurie for having me today.  I have the pleasure of bringing Salem Vale from my book Static with me today…well it took some persuading to get her here….



You said you were taking me to that Doc Marten store.


I know I did, and I will, after this interview….                              


Fine.


So, here we go….fast five with Salem Vale.

Five favourite bands:


Sick Puppies
Korn
Sum 41
Papa Roach, and 
Red
I actually like a lot of bands but those are the first ones to come to my headOh and I used to love Malice until they messed me up.


Five favourite foods:


Um, pizza
tacos
hot pockets
hamburgers
and like gummy bears


Five favourite movies:


Jennifer’s Body
Shaun of the Dead
28 Days Later
Paranormal Activity, and 
Superbad.  I love me some Michael Cera.


Five favourite books:


Do graphic novels count as books?  I did read that Hunger Games book. It was pretty cool.  Oh, and basically anything Neil Gaiman writesHe’s a rock star.


Five favourite actors:


Hmm, there’s that dude from True Blood…the Viking.  He’s hot. 
Um, Johnny Depp for sure.  He’s uber cool. 
Emile Hirsch for sure, oh and 
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
And Michael Cera of course.


Can we go to that store now?  I really want a new pair of books. These ones have holes in them.


Laurie:  Sure, Salem, thanks for coming out today and sharing  a little about yourself.  Your Fav Fives are fabulous.  :)


Yeah, no sweatI’ll catch you all later.



Next Stops on This Tour


                       August 24 Character Interview    YOU ARE HERE :)

August 24 Review and Guest Blog at
Paranormal Opinion

August 25th Review and Guest Post
Letters Inside Out

August 26 Guest Blog and review


Full Tour Schedule



Authors - Book Tours can give your book additional exposure and help you reach new readers.  There are several different plans from which to choose.  There are options available that are ideal for modest budgets.  To find out more, click the image.

Bloggers -  Find out how you can become a Tour Host. To find out more details, click the image.




Disclaimer: This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.   In some cases, I receive a free book (usually digital, occasionally print) in return for a review. My reviews always express my own personal opinion. I am not obligated to write a glowing or even favorable review.  I have not received any monetary compensation in return for my honest review. Promotional banners and information was provided through Bewitching Book Tours. I am an authorized Tour Host.
 

1 comment:

*^_^* said...

Wonderful! Awesome!