Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Silver Moon by Stacey Thompson-Geer-Review, Interview: Bewitching Tour Stop



Silver Moon
By Stacey Thompson-Geer

After 130 years, you’d think I would know better than to go looking for trouble, but I just can’t seem to help myself. The council wants me to catch a werewolf. I just want to paint my nails. Rose is a bitchy sarcastic vampire that ends up hunting a werewolf in, of all places, Las Vegas. She finds very quickly that things are not going to go as planned.

Buy Links: 


MY REVIEW
4 Stars

I enjoyed this short read.  It easily held my attention all the way through.  At times, I thought Rose was just a bit too brash, but then she would say or do something that would just melt my hard-heart into a gooey puddle.  She also is funny, in a snarky kind of way.  I like that she thumbs her nose at her ostensible superiors, often showing them up as highfalutin, know-it-alls who actually are somewhat out of touch with reality.


Throughout the book, there is sort of skirmish going on between the politically correct group, who admonish Rose to conform more to their standards and Rose, who seems honestly not to give a rat’s patootie about kowtowing to their demands.  She is enlisted in helping them solve a tricky problem; determined to resolve the issue in her own unique way. 


Rose is a quirky, not always particularly likeable heroine, who I am eager to follow along with on her next adventure.  Stacey is an author who knows how to create a story that entertains by creating a world similar to our familiar one but darker and much more dangerous. Then she adds characters that inspire loyalty in spite of their flaws; in my opinion, it is a winning combination.

Reviewed by Laurie-J


INTERVIEW

What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?

He doesn't say a whole lot about it one way or the other. We have gone and had celebration dinners when I get a new contract and when I make an accomplishment with my writing. That makes me feel good about what I'm doing and my writing in general.

What was your first sale as an author?

The first book I sold was called The 13th Witch. It's a Young Adult novella about a girl that finds out she is a witch and falls in love with her protector.

When in the day/night do you write?

How long per day? I don't have a real set time I work on my writing, but I do end up working on my books and things about 6 hours a day.

How do you describe your writing style?

I think I write a little darker than some others because of the horror background. I also think even my Romances are darker than some. The only genre that is not really dark is the Young Adult work I've done.

What are your favorite TV shows?

Supernatural, Nikita and I like a few of the reality shows, but not too many of those. I like things with a paranormal bite and that are fun.

What is the hardest part of writing your books?

The hardest part is probably getting the idea totally hammered out and then putting it together. The characters come along pretty well, but the idea doesn't always.

Thank you so much for taking time out to let us find out a little more about you and how your writing has impacted your life. 

About Stacey Thompson-Geer

Stacey is a wife and mother of three. She started writing in High School with horror short stories. One of her first is now published through the kindle - Silver Bullet. When she's not dreaming up her next story or novel, she can be found hanging out with her kids or reading one of her favorite authors. She is also an avid Facebooker and Twitter user. Stop by her website to see what she's working on and any of her backlist work. 


   Website  |  Blog   |  Twitter @staceytg  |  Facebook


NEXT STOPS ON TOUR
August 23 Interview Laurie's Thoughts & Reviews

August 23 Purple Jelly Bean Chair Reviews. Review and giveaway

August 24 Interview

August 24 Interview The Ramblings of Amy




Authors - Book Tours can give your book additional exposure and help you reach new readers.  There are several different plans from which to choose.  There are options available that are ideal for modest budgets.  To find out more, click the image.

Bloggers -  Find out how you can become a Tour Host. To find out more details, click the image.





Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the author in return for a review.  I have not received any monetary compensation in return for my honest review, whether positive or negative.  Promotional banners and information was provided through Bewitching Book Tours. I am an authorized Tour Host.


THANKS FOR LOOKING!

3 comments:

loves to dive said...

Sounds like an interesting read, I'm kind of partial to the dark side of things (despite my belief in tinkerbell). Another great interview Laurie.

Stacey Thompson-Geer said...

Thank you for having me today, Laurie.

Laurie said...

Hi Loves to Dive....it's wonderful to see you!

Hi Stacey! Thanks so much for stopping in. I'm thrilled to host you.