Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Russian Roulette by Mike Faricy

Russian Roulette
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I gotta tell you right now, up front – one of my newest favorite antihero protagonists is hands-down, Devlin Haskell. Dev is an individual who reminds you of somebody you know - someone you wish you could ignore, but can’t. Dev thinks of himself as brave and debonair, but we all know he’s a big disheveled puddy cat who is more at ease dumpster diving in an alley for freebies. Then, inspired by the contentment of a full belly and basically generous nature, calls his friends to partake of the alley feast, as well.


Like a cat, he is seemingly blessed with a multitude of lives and a demeanor that dares you to contradict his “I am the King” attitude. Always in trouble, Dev’s unique code of honor keeps him trudging through his investigation. He doesn’t give up. When he falters, he gathers the tattered shreds of his dignity and keeps plodding on. He is a funny guy, always in trouble, rarely sensible. He makes me groan, and he causes me to laugh aloud.


As my finger rapidly clicked through the screens on my kindle, and the story sped by for me, I kept the faith that Dev would rescue the girl, and solve the case. This well-developed, quirky crime mystery by Mike Faricy is escapist entertainment at its very best. Well-intentioned, inept, lucky and, have I mentioned, always in trouble, Devlin Haskell leads a riotous cast of unconventional characters in a fast-paced who-dun-it that will appeal to readers of all ages.

This book was provided to me by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed by Laurie-J
Read My Interview with Mike Faricy
Enter My Sky Rockets in Flight Giveaway and Get this book FREE (valid thru July 10, 11:59 PM CDT)
View all my reviews

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Hey Laurie,

Interesting Book. Sounds like a good one. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Happy Reading,

Felicia @ Livin' Life Through Books