Sunday, June 5, 2011

Victim of Desire by Jannine Gallant

Victim of Desire
My rating: 4.25 of 5 stars

A captivating Romantic Suspense with exceptionally well-drawn and heart-warming family dynamics. Rachel is loving mom to three precocious daughters who is lonely even though her life is busy and her career fulfilling. As a young woman, Rachel was a fan-favorite on a daily soap opera. Now, someone fixated on that naïve and easily seduced character, is stalking her. The tension mounts as Rachel and her family must deal with the menace. When a police officer who is on leave for personal reasons offers to protect Rachel and investigate possible suspects, the stalker becomes even more unbalanced and unpredictable.

It is rare to find a story about a single mom with three children where the children are very much central to the storyline. I loved the dialogues between the sisters and especially between the rebellious fourteen-year-old and her exasperated mom. I think sometimes there was a bit of over-sentimentality, but actually it just made me love this book all the more. The suspense element was creatively handled so that the tension continually mounted as the story unfolded. This novel can be enjoyed easily by women of any age. It is a feel-good story and great entertainment for a lazy afternoon.

Reviewer for Night Owl Reviews

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Jannine Gallant said...

Thanks for posting your review, Laurie. I love that you enjoyed the family dynamics in the book. You can probably guess that I have daughters who inspired me!