Monday, June 27, 2011

Paranormal Pleasures - Roxanne Rhoads: Bewitching Tour Stop



Today I am thrilled to welcome Roxanne Rhoads. Roxanne has a very special guest post for us today. Roxanne will be giving away a digital copy of Paranormal Pleasures to one lucky commenter. Just comment before July 4th 11:59 PM CDT for your chance to win. The winner will chosen from all eligible entries on July 5th using Random.org. 

WINNER ANNOUNCED.....And the WINNER is Beverly!........WINNER ANNOUNCED

Thanks so much to everyone who participated!!

Guest Post

The Story Behind the Stories in Paranormal Pleasures
I started seriously writing fiction in 2005. Before that I only dabbled with it for writing classes. Before then I only wrote non-fiction- from magazine articles to web content and poetry. But not fiction.
So I gave it a shot and found my niche in paranormal erotica. I had always been a fan of paranormal books. Then I found erotica story sites online which piqued my interest plus I had already been writing in the sex community- advice columns, product reviews, etc so I decided to combine my paranormal love and my sex writing- and my short fiction stories were born.
My inspiration came from everywhere and nowhere. I don’t know exactly how it worksJ Some days the muse just smiles and sends ideas my way. Other times she is stingy and shares nothing.
I started with vampires and moved on to witches and demons. One of the stories in this collection (Sea of Blood) first appeared on Tit-elation.com. It’s gone now but I worked as an editor there and started submitting some of my own work. It was for a vampire anthology the site was going to publish. I edited the collection but it sadly never made it to print. Later Sea of Blood was published on Tit-elation’s sister site, Sex-Kitten.net where I was a columnist.
Renata, The Questioning Concubine, and Witch in the Middle all contain characters who might make a few guest appearances in my upcoming vampire series because they are all set in the same world and have connections to my main characters in the series.
Chrissy, in A Halloween to Remember appears in my short story, Tasty Christmas Treats (Eternal Press), though Tasty is set a couple years earlier than Halloween, before she met her husband.
All together eight of the stories in this collection were previously published in eBooks and on websites.
I had many requests to see the stories in print. So I toyed with the idea for quite some time before finally getting around to gathering my available stories that all fit into the paranormal erotica genre and put them into one collection. I even added two new stories that had not been published before.
All of the stories went through several rounds of edits. Both original edits from the first publishing, then my new edits- I even changed a few scenes here and there. Then an author friend, Kiki Howell, went through with fresh eyes and edited the entire collection for me.
And finally it was ready for formatting to go to print. Let me tell you formatting for all the different eBooks and then a different formatting for print is quite tedious when you do it all yourself. But at least I know what I’m doing now.
I had the talented cover artist Dawne Dominique design my cover- and voila Paranormal Pleasures was born. Over five years in the making but it finally arrived.





Ten tantalizing, erotic tales of vampires, witches and demons grace the pages of this short story collection by Roxanne Rhoads.

Step into the darkness and let these tales tempt and tease to satisfy your paranormal cravings.

Eight of Roxanne Rhoads' previous eBook publications appear in print for the first time, along with two brand new, never before published tales of supernatural love and lust.


Read a synopsis of each story here.

My Review


Paranormal Pleasures Anthology
Roxanne Rhoads
4 STARS

Paranormal Pleasures is an eclectic collection of erotic paranormal romance short stories written by Roxanne Rhoads that I thoroughly enjoyed reading.  I kept the book close over a period of about seven days and read a story or two almost every day.  I particularly liked that I could distract myself for five or ten minutes at a time – refreshing little breaks during otherwise rather mundane days. 

This ten-story anthology is brimming with exquisitely explicit sexual liaisons that always involve at least one paranormal participant.  Not suitable for underage readers or for adults who prefer non-adventuresome, vanilla-flavored romance; the scenes in some of the stories occasionally push the envelope between tasteful and a kind of kinky fantasy. In some of the stories multiple parties participated in the sexual shenanigans. None of the stories, in my opinion, however, were without an intriguing storyline and sound basis for romance. The sex, while HOT and explicit, was described lyrically.  These stories showcase Ms Rhoads talent for creating tightly structured short stories with fleshed-out characters the reader can care about and feel empathy for. My favorites were Renata, A Questioning Concubine, and A Halloween to Remember. Which one will become your favorite? 

 Reviewed by Laurie


Where to Find Roxanne Rhoads
Roxanne Rhoads
Freelance Writer, Erotic Romance Author, Book Reviewer
Fang-tastic Books
Roxanne's Realm
Bewitching Book Tours
Buy Links 

Print  |   Print at Amazon  |  Kindle  |  Nook  |   All Romance Ebooks |  Smashwords


Next Stops on this Tour

June 30 Inteview




THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR VISIT!




Schedule Your Book Tour                         

How does it work?  Click here

How much does it cost?  Click here

Authors, would you like to schedule a Bewitching Books Online Book Tour?

Then please
fill out this form and Roxanne Rhoads will be in touch to set everything up for you.
Disclaimer

Disclaimer:  I received a free copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.  I have not received any monetary compensation in return for my review, whether positive or negative. Promotional banners and information was provided through Bewitching Book Tours. I am an authorized Tour Host.


9 comments:

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Thank you so much for the amazing review and for hosting my guest spot and giveaway today.

Estella said...

Enjoyed the interview!

Soooz said...

Now THAT is an interesting and informative guest blog, the review has me anxious to read the anthology, Bravo... to both Roxanne for her deliciously tantalizing writing, and Laurie for a clear concise and honest review. Well done.

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Thanks Soooz.

And thanks Estella for dropping by.

Stacie said...

I've read blurbs for many of the short stories in the book. I think Renata sounds the most interesting. Congratulations and good luck with Paranormal Pleasures, Roxanne! Great post too.

user1123 AT comcast DOT net

Holly said...

Loved your review and the guest post. Thanks for chance to win!

Holly

fullmoonbites@gmail.com

Beverly said...

Nice post - thanks for hosting - hope to win - looks like a great read!
bevsharp@desch.org

Laurie said...

Hi Everyone!! Thanks so much for your kind words and for stopping by and adding your comment!! Good luck to you all. In my book everybody here is a winner!! :D

Laurie said...

The WINNER in the giveaway is BEVERLY!! Congratulations, Beverly and thanks so much to everybody else.