Friday, June 3, 2011

Darlin' Druid by Lyn Horner

Darlin' Druid (Texas Druids)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved the sense of time and place and the story. I felt as though Ms. Horner somehow magically, with her descriptive prose, transported me back in time. I was kept squirming wondering if David would ever escape the aloof coldness that seemed to encase him and come to realize and accept that there are some relationships which truly are worth the risk. David and Jessie each traveled different roads which made their few meetings even more memorable. I got very frustrated with both David (who never explained any of his actions, it seemed) and Jessie (who seemed to get angry and fly off the handle too easily) - though I do think David would try the patience of a saint. Once they moved to Texas, I just could not put the book down! I really look forward to Tye's story and I hope in his story that the paranormal element of his romantic adventure will be a bit more developed.


View all my reviews

No comments: