Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thrill of the Night by Mina Carter

Thrill of the Night
My rating: 4 1/2 of 5 stars

I was immediately drawn into this delightful short read that captured my fancy and tickled my funny-bone. Told from the heroine’s viewpoint with self-deprecating humor intermixed with confidence and saucy wit, Gwen is a character I could not help but to love. When a mysterious man enters the diner, Gwen is handed some unexpected fodder for her active imagination, but that hardly prepares her for the seductive and dangerous encounter to come. Ms. Carter certainly got my attention with this story, mischievously intermingling suspense, lust, danger and, have I mentioned, humor, into an incredibly fun and entertaining romp. I became so mesmerized that I was disappointed when the story ended though I totally loved the way in which it ended. I am just hoping this is a preview of coming attractions. Please, Ms Carter, write more stories with Gwen in a leading role. She is just awesome!


Reviewer for Night Owl Reviews

No comments: