Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Good Girl's Guide to Getting Lost: A Memoir of Three Continents, Two Friends, and One Unexpected Adventure by Rachel Friedman

The Good Girl's Guide to Getting Lost: A Memoir of Three Continents, Two Friends, and One Unexpected Adventure

My rating: 4.25 of 5 stars


This book is written in a breezy style that captured my attention from the start. I felt almost as if I were there with Rachel during her travels and escapades. Often times humorous, there were also moments that caused me to step back slightly, as Rachel apparently did, and take a look at an idea or issue with, what seemed like, a new set of eyes. I loved reading about all the different places she visited and people she encountered. For me, it got a bit tedious after awhile listening to her bemoan the fact that she just could not come to terms with what direction she wanted her life to take, as I believe she made that decision rather splendidly when she first decided to travel. I did enjoy watching her grow into a more self-assured, self-reliant young woman as she tackled various new adventures. I found this memoir entertaining, funny, educational, and just down-right appealing. It was worth the time to view the world through Rachel’s experiences, and I am so glad I happened upon this book.

Laurie-J
Reviewer for Night Owl Reviews


 

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Nora B. Peevy said...

I like your honesty in your review about what you did not like. Refreshing!

I'm a writer myself. My blog discusses my writing, books, and writing in general.

I found you on the Weekend Creation Blog Hop. Hope to see you around.

http://norabpeevy.blogspot.com/

-Nora